What's $2100 to you? Poly vs Pop

So you prefer BWI to Beach club? How come?
Don't get me wrong, BC is great and the CMs are very friendly, but the SAB pool felt too busy for us. Also, none of the BC/YC restaurants really do it for me, and I think the Cape May Cafe smells fishy whenever you walk by. Our bus service experience to MK seemed to take longer and be more crowded than any other resort we've stayed at, including AKL. There are distinct advantages to BC like the quick walk to Epcot, but it's not my favorite. The BWI has a more relaxed atmosphere, I thought our room was prettier, and we were always able to get lounges by the pool. I know the clown slide is a deal breaker for a lot of people, but I really liked it. Also, the SAB slide is way more elaborate, but the line for it starts fairly far away from the actual pool, so if you are the kind of mom that I was and like to have your little one in your sights while they're swimming, the SAB slide doesn't allow for that. BWI is right on the Boardwalk, so you can go for a walk and watch the entertainers or pop out for a drink or a snack. The one down side of BWI is that you have to go outside to the Boardwalk to eat because there's no real restaurant in the hotel building. But, if you're willing to have your breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery or stay BWV and cook breakfast in your room, it really is a great resort.

$2100 is a lot of money to most people. Now, we're talking Disney World so what seems completely logical in the real world doesn't always apply and I get that. People gladly throw their money at Disney without a second thought. But I honestly don't think your trip will be $2100 better for staying at Poly versus Pop.

My husband and I will be at Pop in 3 weeks and we've never stayed there. I'm excited to try it out and stay in the new rooms. We've stayed at Values, Moderates and Deluxes and liked them all for different reasons. Save the $2100 and stay Pop would be my advice.

Stayed at poly a couple weeks ago and I would not pay 2100 more to stay there. The PVB studios are lovely and spacious with two showers. The monorail and boat launches to MK are convenient, and it is easy to walk to TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot. And it’s cool watching fireworks from the beach area. But it was probably one and done for us. I just don’t get Poly and it’s high price.

Taking my 19 year old daughter and my 2 boys (14 and 16) on Disney trip from August 13-20th. I currently have the Polynesian standard view booked but I could book Pop Century preferred view instead. It's $2100 difference. I love Poly but Pop is fun. Obviously 2 different vacations; what do u think?
Yes, I would absolutely spend an additional $2,100 for my family to spend a week at Poly instead of Pop, especially in the summer, when midday breaks help a lot and the pool is a part of the trip.

We have the issue of 3 kids which really limits our options. Probably could’ve done two rooms at pop instead of poly. With our options upon booking. We found that a stay at Poly for a week was only $750 more than Caribbean Beach which was the cheapest option. We went with the Poly.

We have the issue of 3 kids which really limits our options. Probably could’ve done two rooms at pop instead of poly. With our options upon booking. We found that a stay at Poly for a week was only $750 more than Caribbean Beach which was the cheapest option. We went with the Poly.
I don’t see a lot of post about actual pricing, but 6 nights at the Poly with PH + 1 WP with Disney dining plan was $6400. How does that compare with what any of you spend?

I don’t see a lot of post about actual pricing, but 6 nights at the Poly with PH + 1 WP with Disney dining plan was $6400. How does that compare with what any of you spend?
We are also a family of 5, with one of our kids a Disney adult. We are staying at CBR for 7 nights in a standard view 5th sleeper, also with free dining. After waffling, we ended up upgrading to the regular dining plan and we have 6 day hoppers with the water park option added. Grand total is right around $5,000 which I think is a great deal! For us, even with the standard dining plan included in the deluxe resorts and including the cost of upgrading at CBR, the cheapest deluxe option was pricing out $1,000 more for our 7 nights. (I believe our cheapest deluxe option that slept 5 was the Boardwalk Inn.) Poly was a lot more than that. For me, that wasn't worth $1,000 so we went with CBR. Plus, with the dining plan we will be eating a lot of quick service meals and the Epcot resorts quick service options are not very good which was a negative for me.

We also ended up adding a 1 night room only reservation, also CBR standard view 5th sleeper to the end of our free dining reservation under the Sun and Fun discount for $164.25 plus tax. Flights were cheaper to stay an extra day, and I can't have too many days in Disney!

Last edited:
Hello! I just wanted to let everyone know what we chose. In the end, we decided that we didn't want Poly but we didn't want Pop either. We chose Animal Kingdom! Bet You didn't see that one coming. It was right in the middle price between Port Orleans riverside and Beach club at $2142. The reviews and the pictures really helped the kids make that decision. The biggest negative for us was some of the reports about long rides on the bus but there are complaints about busing with the other 2 resorts too. We are really excited as we have never stayed there.
Thank you to everyone who gave us input on Pop and Poly. Happy planning!

We love AKL ( just bought DVC there) You'll have a great time. We got lucky one year and got bunk beds. My kids were in heaven since they didn't have to share a bed. ;)

I don't think the bus ride is that much longer than the other resorts. We didn't have any issues.

POP .. I have stayed at almost every resort on property, even for engaged at poly but the way they have raised the costs so high never again ... not even close to worth it for me . I actually planned on not going back but the kids ( older now ) begged for a short trip in June so I got a all stars for 3 days ( 350.00 total ) .
I absolutely ( just me of course ) would never again spend 2100.00 on a Disney resort .. not when that could pay for a better / longer vacation elsewhere. This is just MY opinion and you should stay where YOU want obviously, don’t decide on what someone else thinks or you will regret your choice .

We love AKL ( just bought DVC there) You'll have a great time. We got lucky one year and got bunk beds. My kids were in heaven since they didn't have to share a bed. ;)

I don't think the bus ride is that much longer than the other resorts. We didn't have any issues.
I'm not too worried about the buses. I think the uniqueness of the AKL and going there as a refuge every afternoon will be completely worth taking the bus.

We love AKL. We've stayed twice in the lodge and once at Kidani. The first time, we split a stay between CSR and AKL, the second time we celebrated DH's 50th and the third was our vacation last summer. It is amazing and I would go back any time. The bus is not that bad. Honestly, we had slower bus service from BCV.

I wouldn’t stay at POP, but I wouldn’t stay at the Poly either. With the current discounts out, I’d choose the least expensive deluxe. The resort is a great part of our stay and the values just don’t do it for me. Once the gondolas open, we’ll go back to the AOA suites now and then. I used to want to be on a monorail resort, but they’re old, they smell and are unreliable.

Last edited:
I was going to say I think you should stay somewhere in between. It looks like that's what you're doing. I really like CSR and the new towers are going to be a great option. We did a CSR/ AKL split last time. The rooms at CSR are actually a lot nicer then AKL, but you can't beat looking at animals.

If you go Pop, spring for the preferred room. The proximity to the pool and the main building is well worth it and will make the experience there considerably more pleasant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter