What's $2100 to you? Poly vs Pop

Tammy A

Mouseketeer
Taking my 19 year old daughter and my 2 boys (14 and 16) on Disney trip from August 13-20th. I currently have the Polynesian standard view booked but I could book Pop Century preferred view instead. It's $2100 difference. I love Poly but Pop is fun. Obviously 2 different vacations; what do u think?

Taking my 19 year old daughter and my 2 boys (14 and 16) on Disney trip from August 13-20th. I currently have the Polynesian standard view booked but I could book Pop Century preferred view instead. It's $2100 difference. I love Poly but Pop is fun. Obviously 2 different vacations; what do u think?
If you don't mine Pop I would say Pop and put the $2100 in other parts of your trip. Just because I am barely in my room or the resort. But if you are the type that do spend a lot of time at the resort it might be worth it. It really depends.

I love Pop and the Poly, but I’d have a hard time justifying that price difference for a week.
We do split stays between both resorts. Four days is the max. I spend at the Poly.
Would you consider a split stay?

If you don’t want to do a split, I’d definitely pick Pop.

The one thing that may pose a problem I guess, is the lack of a daybed at Pop. My boys would have to share the Murphy bed but for the money I think they could get over it.
When you are putting out any kind of money, the truth is you want your money's worth so if we are at Pop, i don't want to be saying, I wish we were at the Poly.
Then again, if we are at the Poly, I don't want to be saying this isn't worth $2100 more.

I had a similar quandary with AKL and POP, though the $ difference was less. Since we're spending the hot part of the day at the pool, I chose AKL. In addition, my kids didn't like the QS plan and want some sit-down meals that you get with the free DDP at a deluxe. We have some nice options for that at AKL. If we were spending all day in the parks, the balance would have tipped toward POP.

The issues with FP and split stays make me hesitant to do one this time. I've always counted on being able to schedule some of the harder to get rides at the end of the week and people haven't had the +10, recently.

For my family, once we stayed at Poly last summer, we knew that we found our home away from home. The only other resort we will stay at is the Grand Floridian when DD gets married.

For my family, once we stayed at Poly last summer, we knew that we found our home away from home. The only other resort we will stay at is the Grand Floridian when DD gets married.

The Poly is my boys favorite. My daughter and i teeter/totter between the Poly and the Beach club. I work really hard/as we all do, however I am a single mother/divorced 6 years and I struggle a bit however after my tax refund, I can give my kids a great trip. To me a great trip would be the Poly; a nice trip would be Pop, if you catch my drift.

The Poly is my boys favorite. My daughter and i teeter/totter between the Poly and the Beach club. I work really hard/as we all do, however I am a single mother/divorced 6 years and I struggle a bit however after my tax refund, I can give my kids a great trip. To me a great trip would be the Poly; a nice trip would be Pop, if you catch my drift.
When money was tighter, we stayed at All Stars Music. We had three amazing vacations there. Now we are older and seek more comfort. So we don’t vacation as often. It takes a year or two to save up for the Polynesian. It makes us happy.

We did a split trip our last time at Music. We spent one night at the Beach Club. We loved Stormalong Bay. That was the beginning of us staying deluxe.

Do whatever works best for you.

Well I've never stayed deluxe because I can never justify the prices. You could always split the difference and do a moderate? Then you get a better pool and theming and will likely still save a lot of money over Poly. Pop is great too, though.

Looking at the kids ages, are they going to be allowed to go to the parks without you? Just thinking Poly would be an easier transportation wise for at least 2 parks. Think it will really depend on how much time you plan to spend at the resorts though.

For 2100. My goodness. POP anytime. The values are great resorts. Never had an issue and obviously nothing to complain about. Personally. We like Music and POP. We stay at one of those most visits. If I pull down enough overtime. Well go moderate. But 2100 is a massive amount of money for one week. Go value for sure.
2100 would cover an entire trip with my wife to Vegas for a few days. Just a lot of money that you can save staying at a great resort. So yeah. Go POP

We stayed 1 night at Pop and couldn’t wait to leave. I couldn’t imagine spending my whole vacation there. If money is tight and the $2100 difference is too much for you, find a happy medium and stay at a moderate. Or look into renting DVC points to stay at a deluxe hotel for cheaper.

We have stayed at all 3 levels many times and honestly had great times at each and we are a family that spends time at our resort, for us we would bank the $2100 and stay at POP. We have no issues going back and forth and staying at the different levels of resorts. Plus, you already have stayed there and said you had a fun time. A PP mentioned more food options at POLY, yes they have more TS options, but that means spending even more $$ and POPs QS is soooo much better than POLY's. If you can swing a split then try to do that.

EDIT: I forgot to answer your question of "What's $2100 to us?"
A 2nd trip!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter