What's $2100 to you? Poly vs Pop

I just called to get some more passholder rates for our dates
Thought it would be fun to share. Pop is not available for passholder rate.
French quarter GV $1593
Riverside GV $1674
Wilderness Lodge NatureV 2427
Beach club GV 2581
Poly Standard View 3071

I’d choose BC, hands down, our of those options.

I'm not rich so for me I'd sure as hell choose the cheaper option lol.
I'm definitely not rich either. I think a lot of people that do Disney are not rich either but many of us don't want to go any where else and neither do our families. I know we don't get to go every year or even every other year but that is not just because of the money. My kids are now 21,19,16 and 14. Everyone has things going on. My oldest will not be going with us this time as she has a busy Summer. The fun things is that there is so many new attractions and rides at Disney that we have not ever done yet. So excited! Part of the fun has always been the resorts though. It is very enlightening to get everyone's views on the options.

Thank you to everyone who has shared their thoughts and experiences. I think before I get 2 rooms at Pop, I'd rather get a moderate. I could probably repost but I really like what this group has to offer. What about a room at Port Orleans Riverside?

I did that once - I gave the family the option of 2 rooms at Pop - or 1 Room at a Moderate. Wanted to try something new they choose the 1 Room and hated it. We are a RD family, but will come back on a few days to rest - before going back for dinner, disney springs, or other activities and might rest or nap, etc. And essentially there was no room and and only a single bathroom makes a large difference as well. My general advice to folks in a similar situation is to get the 2 rooms if the cost is less or similar to a Moderate.

We joined DVC 2 years ago - so no longer an issue for us (we get at least a 1BR if not 2BR if everyone is coming....)...

For some maybe. Not for me. I’m just as happy at Pop or POFQ.
And I’d definitely choose Pop or POFQ over some of the deluxe resorts.
Agreed. POFQ is imho one of the best on property. POP is our goto value unless Music is 100.00 or so less for the trip. Which sometimes it is.
I love the contemporary. We visit every trip. But I’ll never spend that kinda money on a place to sleep and swim. Got other things to do with the 300-400 difference per night vs value.

I just called to get some more passholder rates for our dates
Thought it would be fun to share. Pop is not available for passholder rate.
French quarter GV $1593
Riverside GV $1674
Wilderness Lodge NatureV 2427
Beach club GV 2581
Poly Standard View 3071

I was at first going to choose POFQ for you guys, but then remembered the make-up of your family and I believe it was an older daughter and 2 teen boys, so I'd choose BC out of your list. One, you can walk to 2 parks. Two, if your kids like sports, they'll love ESPN Club on the boardwalk. Three, your boys will love the pool. Four, request a daybed and you'll have comfortable sleeping each night.

Out of curiosity why do you not like Poly? Staying there fit the first time over New Years.
Our last trip was over 10 years ago, so my issues might be outdated, but on our last stay, we encountered a surly CM who checked us in by scolding us for arriving late (Our flight was delayed.) and asked if our son was supposed to be in school,which he wasn’t. Not exactly the Disney warmth that we were accustomed to! The room was very nice and the transportation options are excellent, but when we went for a night swim in the pool, as we emerged from swimmimg underwater, we noticed that the surface of the water was covered in dead bugs like nothing I had ever seen before or since and I have stayed at many different hotels in Florida in the summer. The bugs were all over us and it was gross. I don’t know whose job it was to skim the pool that week, but I hope they’re not there anymore. The other two things are specific to our family: we weren’t impressed by the food at any of the restaurants, the lobby feels dark to us, and the constant drumming from the Spirit of Aloha show grated on our nerves after a few days. Since then, I’ve stayed at almost every deluxe but the Poly and always been more satisfied than I was with that trip.

It's awesome how we vacation differently. When I go to Disney late Fall, I know my boyfriend and I will stay at PO Riverside. We love the River Roost and the pools, the boat to Disney Springs and the beauty of the changing leaves at that beautiful resort. Thinking about traveling with my 3 kids in August is a harder decision. It's hot in Florida in August. To me, when we return to the resort at midway, I want the kids and I to have an awesome pool to hang out at and maybe some nice shops to browse in before 3:30/4:00 rolls around and we head back to the parks. My kids would rather stay fewer days and share meals and stay at a deluxe verses staying at a value resort and having the meal plan and staying longer. About 5 years ago, that wasn't the case. They wanted to eat at a restaurant every night and wanted to stay longer and didn't care if we stuffed ourselves into a value resort.

Our last trip was over 10 years ago, so my issues might be outdated, but on our last stay, we encountered a surly CM who checked us in by scolding us for arriving late (Our flight was delayed.) and asked if our son was supposed to be in school,which he wasn’t. Not exactly the Disney warmth that we were accustomed to! The room was very nice and the transportation options are excellent, but when we went for a night swim in the pool, as we emerged from swimmimg underwater, we noticed that the surface of the water was covered in dead bugs like nothing I had ever seen before or since and I have stayed at many different hotels in Florida in the summer. The bugs were all over us and it was gross. I don’t know whose job it was to skim the pool that week, but I hope they’re not there anymore. The other two things are specific to our family: we weren’t impressed by the food at any of the restaurants, the lobby feels dark to us, and the constant drumming from the Spirit of Aloha show grated on our nerves after a few days. Since then, I’ve stayed at almost every deluxe but the Poly and always been more satisfied than I was with that trip.[/QU

You have been to a lot of resorts. Whats your favorite?

I was at first going to choose POFQ for you guys, but then remembered the make-up of your family and I believe it was an older daughter and 2 teen boys, so I'd choose BC out of your list. One, you can walk to 2 parks. Two, if your kids like sports, they'll love ESPN Club on the boardwalk. Three, your boys will love the pool. Four, request a daybed and you'll have comfortable sleeping each night.

I definitely think I'm leaning towards BC.
There are a lot of people unhappy about their Poly visits and I just don't think the kids are that psyched about staying at Pop
It makes sense that the middle of the road somewhere would be where we are at.
One of the Port Orleans or BC is what I'm thinking now.

It's awesome how we vacation differently. When I go to Disney late Fall, I know my boyfriend and I will stay at PO Riverside. We love the River Roost and the pools, the boat to Disney Springs and the beauty of the changing leaves at that beautiful resort. Thinking about traveling with my 3 kids in August is a harder decision. It's hot in Florida in August. To me, when we return to the resort at midway, I want the kids and I to have an awesome pool to hang out at and maybe some nice shops to browse in before 3:30/4:00 rolls around and we head back to the parks. My kids would rather stay fewer days and share meals and stay at a deluxe verses staying at a value resort and having the meal plan and staying longer. About 5 years ago, that wasn't the case. They wanted to eat at a restaurant every night and wanted to stay longer and didn't care if we stuffed ourselves into a value resort.
My top 3 are GF, AKL or Kidani and WL. BWI is also lovely, but I wish it had a restaurant in the building.

I'm not Poly-obsessed, so I would vote POP. If you put POP against another Deluxe, I would probably vote differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter