What will you play next?

I made this room for a private place for us to hang out while we figure out what we are going to do next. And it allows for some privacy in the company of friends making it a tad bit safer for the kids.

Ok once you create a character there and get out of jail ... LOL, click on the map button. and now you want to go to the most south west corner of the town. My room is in the apartment building called Evan's Cove. It is on the second floor and my title is Hyperion. You can just go right in, and if you run into some good friends then so much the better.

Hugs you guys see you around.

I went to Evan's Cove and up the elevator. (There is ground floor and 1st floor only.) The only occupied room was owner CEVANS.

Did I get it wrong?

I went to Evan's Cove and up the elevator. (There is ground floor and 1st floor only.) The only occupied room was owner CEVANS.

Did I get it wrong?

There are a couple evens something or others

My place is on the south side of the steet at the west end of the southern most road. You must have went in the wrong building, sorry about that. it has two floors i looked at that place you were at to.

hope to see you soon if i can get this connection to work right

I am a member of sociotown... I am patchy.... it nice to see familiar friends on it :)

I know it's a PC game and not an online game but is anyone familiar with the Sims? It says rated T for teen. My daughter is 12. Too young?

I know it's a PC game and not an online game but is anyone familiar with the Sims? It says rated T for teen. My daughter is 12. Too young?

I think the basic earlier sims would be ok, rated teen only bc of things like the sims being able to 'get frisky' in bed, and can have 'children'. There's a lot that goes into sims, it's not easy like vmk was.

the gamer part of me is starting to get bored, I think I found the answer to the social aspect at least.. now to find a game

Is anyone playing any of the igg games? they look interesting to me, but the newbie guides seem to be out of date and confusing.

I have been playing Wonderland for about 2 weeks now. The game is cute (anime style characters) . There are quests to be done and most of them either involve rescuing lost pets, livestock, finding hidden items etc. This does however require for the most part to defeat certain (cute) monsters like Pinapple monsters, Irrigated Chickens, ants , earthorms etc. For these quests you can get help from a local village chief who gives you a somewhat experienced villager to accompany you. You collect lots of items. Some are food and others can be sold for "gold" which then can be used to buy many different items. As you start the game you are limited to local chat and friends chat. At level 10 you can then use your "radio" to enter World chat. Very useful for asking question or asking to trade for items or buy items. For instance I need nylon rope to make a raft. Have found none at all so once I reach level 10 I can start asking to buy or trade for some. You also have magic spells and can also make potions from the items you collect. You also learn how to make things from the items you collect, like fishing rods, canoes etc. So if you don't mind fighting cute little enemies it is quite fun. If you want you can play as a team with other players of your choice making some tasks much easier especially for lower level players.. You also can totally disable the chat for younger children or use filtered chat. It has live support which is accessible from your friends list throughout the game.. I have to say that leveling up takes time and patience as the stronger beasties will make fast work of you and the lower ones give fewer points, but that is better than getting wiped out the higher levels, because if you do you lose a point in your leveling progress...There is a messaging system to communicate directly with your friends..The settings are very pretty tropical islands with lots of tikis. I haven't found any problems with foul language so far but for the most part I keep my chat off inless I need help finding items...hope this gives you a little information...Buy the way the "newbe guide" is very basic and not all that helpful but is worth the read. After that it is learning from trial and error. There is an element of education to the game that I like, for instance you can get something special from NPC by answering certain math and science questions correctly. Also making items requires you to use a sort of blueprint to correctly build your items. If they are not done correctly they wont' work, for instance your raft won't float if you use Oak wood instead of Luana wood... Hope this gives you a little information on the game :thumbsup2

I have been playing Wonderland for about 2 weeks now. The game is cute (anime style characters) . There are quests to be done and most of them either involve rescuing lost pets, livestock, finding hidden items etc. This does however require for the most part to defeat certain (cute) monsters like Pinapple monsters, Irrigated Chickens, ants , earthorms etc. For these quests you can get help from a local village chief who gives you a somewhat experienced villager to accompany you. You collect lots of items. Some are food and others can be sold for "gold" which then can be used to buy many different items. As you start the game you are limited to local chat and friends chat. At level 10 you can then use your "radio" to enter World chat. Very useful for asking question or asking to trade for items or buy items. For instance I need nylon rope to make a raft. Have found none at all so once I reach level 10 I can start asking to buy or trade for some. You also have magic spells and can also make potions from the items you collect. You also learn how to make things from the items you collect, like fishing rods, canoes etc. So if you don't mind fighting cute little enemies it is quite fun. If you want you can play as a team with other players of your choice making some tasks much easier especially for lower level players.. You also can totally disable the chat for younger children or use filtered chat. It has live support which is accessible from your friends list throughout the game.. I have to say that leveling up takes time and patience as the stronger beasties will make fast work of you and the lower ones give fewer points, but that is better than getting wiped out the higher levels, because if you do you lose a point in your leveling progress...There is a messaging system to communicate directly with your friends..The settings are very pretty tropical islands with lots of tikis. I haven't found any problems with foul language so far but for the most part I keep my chat off inless I need help finding items...hope this gives you a little information...Buy the way the "newbe guide" is very basic and not all that helpful but is worth the read. After that it is learning from trial and error. There is an element of education to the game that I like, for instance you can get something special from NPC by answering certain math and science questions correctly. Also making items requires you to use a sort of blueprint to correctly build your items. If they are not done correctly they wont' work, for instance your raft won't float if you use Oak wood instead of Luana wood... Hope this gives you a little information on the game :thumbsup2

thank you, it sounds like something I will try :) Very informative and does sound interesting. :thumbsup2 This weekend I will have to dive in!!

Hey guys-

I don't know why I didn't put this out there before, but there's a pretty good resource with a listing of nearly all the active Virtual Worlds (you'll probably notice a familiar one not listed :rolleyes1 ). There are tons of these games out there, and the group that produced the list is committed to updating it compulsively. It's a pretty impressive list- and a huge pdf, so be warned- but they've tagged each with keywords so it should be fairly easy to find ones you might want to investigate.

iVinnie's Blue Book

It's great to see everyone sharing games they've found. I love the way everyone is asking critical questions about these games, too. No game is safe from the Disboards investigative team!

Hey guys-

I don't know why I didn't put this out there before, but there's a pretty good resource with a listing of nearly all the active Virtual Worlds (you'll probably notice a familiar one not listed :rolleyes1 ). There are tons of these games out there, and the group that produced the list is committed to updating it compulsively. It's a pretty impressive list- and a huge pdf, so be warned- but they've tagged each with keywords so it should be fairly easy to find ones you might want to investigate.

iVinnie's Blue Book

It's great to see everyone sharing games they've found. I love the way everyone is asking critical questions about these games, too. No game is safe from the Disboards investigative team!

@_@ wooooooah!

surely we can find a game or two?? :rotfl:

My daughter and I tried this game. I think it was too frustrating to figure out at first for her and just too time consuming for me right now to learn. The one awesome thing about the game is the live support. I must have contacted them at least five times just trying to get the game downloaded (certain issues with Vista) and up and running. They were very patient and helpful each time.

Hey guys-

iVinnie's Blue Book

WOW!! This is very helpful. Yes, I did notice one awesome game that wasn't there :sad1: there are a lot of great people here trying to help everyone with a game they will like.

I and a few other vmk adults and older kids have been hanging out over here this place I am about to post. The game is still in beta and has a few bugs still in it, but the play, graphics and conversation are awesome. IMHO

We have been in contact with the owner/creator and he is a great dude. He created the game himself and while it is limited in the non-pay version at this time he is listenening to all suggestions. He wants to make the game the best it can be and even after just a few days of play has adapted a few of out suggestions to his game. He added an ignore button the next day after we asked for it. He is working on a lock button to keep people out of rooms, and a way to allow non-paying users a way to get some things. He is working hard on fixing the bugs so we can have something as mooth and flowing like we were used to and bring us on in style. I think for the target audience of 13+ that he is shooting for, it makes a great hangout.

The graphics are awesome and it is a true 3D environment. You can adjust camera angles and zoom level, look up and down. I find it very amusing to look at the moon at night there. Oh I didnt mention it gets dark outside just like the real world. You should wander over there and check it out (parents and bigger kids first please) and give it a go. The intro in the sign up process is cute, everyone starts out in jail. Chris has kind of a warped sence of humor and if you look around you will catch glimpses of it everywhere. From one of my favorite street name (Socio Path) to the name of the burger joint (Burger Despot) you can catch glimpses of his sence of humor everywhere.

He has a board over there that he is a member of and responds to suggestions and concerns directly. Got a question about the game ask it over there. Most of the peeps i have met have been really cool and enjoyed talking to them. I am sure you will find it the same way.

But I want to make a few things clear about the site though. The chat is completely open. This makes is inappropriate for smaller kids. There is a report button and when you use it Chris (the owner) takes care of things personally. It is not to be used lightly, he dont have time for BS and you will get banned I am sure if you play with it for no reason. He has stated that as the game grows he will be adding in game guides (Mods) that will be able to moderate the gameplay more and be able to react quicker to things which I find very cool.

LOL Some dis peeps last night were saying he should hire the MOM Squad from here. ROFL You can bet your sweet bippy that they would make peeps tow the line.

There are places for him to expand the world (different paths) and personally I cant wait to see what he has in store for us. There is so much potential for this place and with us Dis'ers in there it will do a lot for keeping it a safe and friendly environment. If the MOM squad get their hands on some mod controls there would be a new sheriff in town. ROFL But until then we have our common sense and the commen sense we have instilled in our kid about revealing personal info. So be smart and PLAY SAFE.

Ok so since it is not kid appropriate I wont post a direct link but since I have a subscription and one of the perks is a newsletter, in which btw, he mentions us, I will post that up here for open discussion.

He has also asked me to pass this on to you. Should you decide to Pay to Play there is a code you can enter that will allow you to get $4 dollars off your first month in game. It is VMKREFUGEE. Use this code in the right place on the subscription page and it will cut the cost in about half for a month. But do the guy a favor and keep any mention or discussion of it off the board over there. His current customers would use it and it wont help him at all if they know about it. So lets keep that one to ourselves please.

SocioTown_Journal_Issue008.jpg

A good tip for you new peeps:

Choose your avatar's look and hair wisely as well as your clothes. At this point you can't edit them or change clothes with a non-pay mode. So make sure you look the way you want.

Also if your trying to log in the server maintenence is from 3-5 am west coast time so dont dispair if your trying to get in at that time.

I'm gonna play playstation home once (or if) it comes out.
my psn is knoxford btw if anyone wants to add me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter