What style of Teva sandal???

Thank You tiggerpoo!!!Just bought 2 pairs with the "Buy 1 get 1 50% off " for my best friend and I .We are going on April 22 for 10 nights and want to begin our breakin process. Thank for again for the hot savings tip!!

i bought my kids teva sandals once...
they hated them....found them to be uncomfortable in the extreme..
they prefer the local brand of sandals (we don't live in the US)....said they are lighter, more flexible, and far more comfortable than teva...
(and as it happens, much cheaper.....lucky for me..)

:D
Your welcome minster22!!
What style did you get? Be sure and let everyone know how you like them!
I'm STILL undecided on the teva's or nike straprunners.

Have a great trip!

I ordered the Pretty Rugged Nylon from The Sports Authority and I also ordered a pair of Circuit Kenetics which a very serious walking sandal . I ordered the Kenetic directly from Teva. Both should be here by the end of the week and I'll start walking right away with them!! I want to break them in and am trying very hard to get a bit of weight off before hitting those great pools at the Boardwalk. I'll let you all know how they work out. Thanks for the support!!

This may be my own personal opinion, but....

I would never wear sandals to the parks. I think the increased chances of getting sore spots is way too much of a risk, especially with new sandals.

From what I've read online and from books, wearing a good pair of broken in sneakers is the way to go. I used to think my feet would overheat, but I've worn them in July heat and you barely notice it(partly due to the fact your sweating profusely everywhere else :) ) Bottom line, get out those Reeboks or Nikes, strap 'em up and keep the sandals for resort use only.

This may be just my opinion, but...

NEVER wear sandals to the parks. They have a heightened risk of getting sore spots/cuts/blissters/ouchies/"if that hurts one more time Im going to...."/bruises than they're worth.

Wear a comfortable pair of broken in sneakers to the parks and leave the sandals for the resort only.

For me the Athletic tennis shoes Blistered my feet the 1st day,huge blisters,even my toes!!

The Teva Sandles however were like walking on clouds the foot bed was so soft and cooshy. I liked that may feet stayed cool.

tink2dw....I am with you, there is just no comparision wearing a made for serious walking sandal such as Teva as opposed to sneakers. The coolness is a huge factor for me too! I love having some air between my toes. Also I have never had one blister wearing sandals and even with the most worn in sneakers have been covered with blisters. I am waiting for a couple of new pairs of Tevas to arrive in the mail and then I will start breaking them in although they are both padded around all the straps so my guess is that they will begreat right from the start. QuickGold... keep an open mind about this...they are like heaven on your feet!!

I will ONLY wear Teva sandals in the parks, they are soooooo comfortable...Try the Hurricane or the Spoilers..

:bounce: Well everyone. I just ordered 2 pair of Teva Leather circuits. These are the expensive ones. BUT.... I found them on overstock.com for only 49.00 ! Now I have reserched the heck out of these sandals and they normally sell for 70-80 dollars! They are waterproof leather hiking sandals and supposed to be well worth the money. We shall see.... I will let everyone know how they work out. They should be here within a week.:p

the kinetic are great and so are the chantilly. I just got a pair off ebay for 35 that go for 89 in the stores!they are brand new too!

:p Just letting you know I'm still waiting for my Teva Leather Circuits, nothing in the mail yet!
Has any one else tried this particular style?
I'm very excited about getting them, as is my 20 yr. old daughter!

:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

Hurray! Tevas came today. They seem to be very comfortable so far and I do like the leather alot.
The straps are kind of difficult at first to get them adjusted just right. They have padding at the heal and on top of the foot. They are very springy, so lots of padding for long walking.
All in all I'm happy. And my daughter loves them.
54 days til Disneyland!! Yay!:p 0

Thanks to the tip boards I just ordered Nike Straprunner II's from justforfeet.com for myself and my DS...for once I am glad to have big feet (11wide womens) because I could buy the mens cheaper then the women's. Thanks for the help!

it's been too cold to wear my teva's outside so i have to wear them around the house to break them in. as long as the straps are loose enough, they've been fine.

i got mine at Bob's store's. they had them for kids, also.

i like the pretty rugged because of the foamy protection from the nylon straps. the support seems good & i like the springiness.

i'm a sandals girl, too. my feet feel too confined in sneakers. to each his or her own.

any tips for breaking them in... other than wearing them outside in 4o degree "spring" weather? it was warmer in winter! :)

26 days & counting!

I haven't had any problems wearing mine brand new to disney. but it could be the style I have too. (kinetic and the chantilly)

thanks Beverly.

the inside strap where the size is is a little scratchy on the top of my foot. i'm going to try to trim it or remove it (without ruining them!)

has anyone ever put moleskin over the tag? i was wondering how that worked.

have a disney day!

Just this past weekend, I took my DD (age 16) to buy a pair of Tevas in preparation for our trip to WDW this summer. She ended up with a pair of Chaco sandals instead. I had never heard of them, but she says they are the most comfortable pair of sandals she has ever owned! We wear the same shoe size, and I tried hers on, and I must say they are very nice. You can read about them at their website.....www.chacosan.com

Has anyone tried Teva's RUNNING sandals? I am thinking I need a little more support than the Walking sandals appear to have. I was looking on the Teva website and I saw the "Wraptor 2" and thought they might be the right choice for me. Has anyone tried them? I can only wear Skechers tennis shoes because they offer me the most support in the heel and arch area, so when I saw the Wraptors I thought they might be my best bet in a sandal type shoe.

Thanks!
Annita

I purchased the new Teva Kenetic Walking Sandal. They are awesome! I have been wearing them everywhere and my feet feel great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter