What is the worst attraction at WDW?

Which attraction at WDW most desperately needs to be replaced or even just removed?

• Stitch's Great Escape

• The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management)

• Swiss Family Treehouse

• Universe of Energy: Ellen's Energy Adventure

• Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable

• Journey into Imagination with Figment

• Honey I Shrunk the Audience

• Sounds Dangerous

• Wildlife Express Train

Results are only viewable after voting.
... because I haven't been back in so long I haven't experienced many of these.
Now my dilemma ... should I go to Stitch just to see just how bad it is even though I don't even like L & S and like burps even less? Decisions, decisions...:) I've enjoyed the commentary.

UNITE COP FANS!!!!!! :worship: I cannot believe there are people out there who think this one needs to go :scared1: . It's a WDW classic and I would be totally devastated if they got rid of it. Forget handcuffing the one who wanted to get rid of it to the ride, if they ever threaten to tear it down I say we handcuff ourselves to it in protest. I could spin on and on singing "there's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day" It has always been one of my favorites and DD10 has been hooked on it since she was 5, we go on it numerous times everytime we go. LONG LIVE COP!!!!!

I say the jungle cruise. It seems a little silly now with having AK. I know that's one that Walt built, but do kids really get excited about artificial animals that are only designed to look and act like their real counter parts?

::yes:: Mine do. They love it especially at night. Plus it was Walt's which makes it that much better. pixiedust:

You didn't like the movie? We loved the movie. But the "ride" is just awful.

David

LOL. I just realized I haven't even seen the movie. I got turned off by the TV show and didn't give it a chance! *(adds L&S to list for next library trip)*
Still debating the attraction... :-)

Back to the poll... out of the bad attractions I've seen, I'd have to give Tiki the boot, even though it was the old Tiki Room I saw. If the new one is worse, it must be horrid!

And I'm very much looking forward to taking DD4 & DH to Honey on their first full Disney day. (Hopefully will take them on IASW the night before.) And gotta keep that Speedway with a 4 year old! 10 to 1 she'll like TT better, though!

I'm going to agree with a PP about the Tomorrowland Speedway or whatever it's called. It's a huge waste of space. It's loud, noisy, and smelly. The line moves way too slowly. You have to stand out in the hot FLA sun most of the wait. The cars are extremely slow and you can barely control them. And what's so futuristic about sports cars that look like they were designed in the 1970's? Also, what's up with the extremely loose tie-in to the Indianapolis Sppedway? They aren't even Indy style open-wheel race cars and the track is a twisting road course, not a large oval like the Indy Speedway. This one should have been gone years ago or at least updated. What about a Cars movie tie-in? Would seem like a perfect fit to me.

Hands down the worst attraction we saw recently (and we did almost everything!) was the Narnia attraction. Long lines to watch a really bad, boring commercial. (And I'm even a big fan of the books.) Total waste of time!

LOL. I just realized I haven't even seen the movie. I got turned off by the TV show and didn't give it a chance! *(adds L&S to list for next library trip)*
Still debating the attraction... :-)

That explains it, then. We've never watched the TV show. :)

The movie was one of the last Disney films that utilized traditional animation techniques. The story was fun. Unlike many others I've spoken to about it, our favorite character is Lilo, not Stitch. She's a spitfire little girl and we saw a lot of our own DD in her.

Check it out. I think you'll like it.

David

Good nominees all (well, maybe not the Treehouse), but I can't believe my personal choice--the Planet Watch train--is in last place. Poorly themed, and unusual seats designed so you can see...a couple lame billboards and the backstage employee parking lot. Even tho the other attractions fail to entertain, at least they try.

the carousel of progress has to go on that list

i know it has been around forever, but it is awful

That is my DH favorite ride!!!! He LOVES it. ITs the first thing we do when we get to MK. and if he had his way we'd do it 3 or 4 times!!!!

I feel really guilty for voting - I haven't done them all. But I voted for Stitch and for the Tiki Birds. The original was silly and cute - this one is a terrible combination of boring and scary.

I couldnt choose just 1---or even 2----wait I think just about every single one needs to go (though I still giggle at Figment ;) )

Lilo and Stitch was the lasp gasp of greatness from Disney Feature Animation (as distinct from Pixar). Too bad that its legacy is being destroyed by a low-quality TV show and a widely reviled theme park attraction.

I'm surprised by the landslide victory for Stitch's Great Escape in the poll. It's definitely mediocre, but I wouldn't say that it's a "net negative" experience for me.

I said that I voted for Sounds Dangerous, but I also voted for Universe of Energy. We always go to Universe of Energy (unlike many other choices), and we always regret it. This last time my wife angrily told me, "I am serious. I am never going on that ride ever again." Let's get some more votes for Universe of Energy.

Regarding CoP, among people who actually like it, it is generally agreed that the last scene needs to be updated. But the fact is that it needed to be updated about 10 days after it was updated the last time. Personally, I think it shouldn't be "updated" at all but rather replaced by a scene from the 80s or thereabouts, since the time gap between the last two scenes is getting way too big. (Of course, they'd have to move it out of Tomorrowland. Maybe there's some room over by the American Adventure.)

@wishing4PA: If you haven't been to WDW since the 90s, I recommend putting all of the attractions on this list as very very low priorities, because there are so many other things to enjoy.

Good nominees all (well, maybe not the Treehouse), but I can't believe my personal choice--the Planet Watch train--is in last place.

I didn't vote for it because it doesn't belong in the poll. It isn't an "attraction." It's just transportation to and from a somewhat distant area of AK. May as well include the parking lot trams and Disney buses in the poll. ;)

David

@wishing4PA: If you haven't been to WDW since the 90s, I recommend putting all of the attractions on this list as very very low priorities, because there are so many other things to enjoy.

Thanks for the advice! Several are indeed on my list to see only if really bored or talked into it by someone.
We'll definitely see Honey (it was cool last time I went and I think the HS "shrunk" playground will be closed this time -- so this might be the only other thing that could "shrink" us besides the Fairies meet/greet). We'll probably go up the (classic, IMO) Treehouse. Ellen's out of commission of our trip -- fine by me. Sounds Dangerous -- probably would have tried it on a solo trip, but I might be alone with DD4 much of that day and skip it (Narnia too).
But we still might hit Stitch. It'll be my first "full week" at WDW, and I have no idea what it will be like to spend that much time in the parks. We'll have enough time to waste at least a bit of it on a bad attraction -- as long as DH has enough fun the rest of the time to agree to go back! :)

As for COP, I personally believe that Walt himself would shoot out from underneath Cinderella's castle, grab COP before they could tear it down, and breathe fire on anyone involved with the destruction as he drug it carefully back under the castle to RIP with him in his huge cryogenic chamber.

Can anybody verify that the utilidors actually run underneath the castle proper? :rotfl2:
Congrats!!!!!!!!

This is the absolute funniest post I've seen in quite a while!

Hilarious!

Thank you!

BTW ITA!

But we still might hit Stitch. [...] We'll have enough time to waste at least a bit of it on a bad attraction -- as long as DH has enough fun the rest of the time to agree to go back! :)

On our last trip (in Dec 2007), we were flying out of Orlando early on a Sunday. So our last chance to do anything in a park was at Magic Kingdom on Saturday night. We were running around, looking for rides we could hit as the clock wound down to midnight. We were able to hit a couple of our favorites late, and then at about 8 minutes before midnight we got in line at Buzz. (The rule is that if you're in line when closing time hits you're allowed to ride, even if doing so takes you past closing time.)

Well, we actually got through the line faster than I expected. When we exited from Buzz, it was exactly midnight. I checked quickly hoping we could jump back in line for Buzz one last time, but the CM had already closed the line. I turned and started walking away, and noticed the sign wasn't up at Stitch's Great Escape yet. Hmmm... split second decision. Do we, as a family, say "Well, that was another great Disney vacation," and head for the exits?

NO! We're Disney freaks, aren't we? Our vacation was ending! We let that thought cloud our judgment. We decided we'd rather ride the WORST ATTRACTION IN ALL OF WDW than let it all end right then and there. So we stepped into the "line" (there was none) for Stitch. It was awful -- just as much a waste of time as it had ever been.

As we all know, the coach really does turn into a pumpkin at midnight. In our case, that pumpkin was "Stitch's Great Escape."

David

I had to vote for Sounds Dangerous. I don't know if it was the heat, the post wedding exhaustion, or if it was the attraction itself, but when the lights went down I was out like a light. I slept through the whole thing. DH had to wake me up. So I guess in some ways it's the worst, but the best (for catching up on sleep!).

I was disappointed to see a lot of my favorites on the list (Tiki room and the treehouse), but probably I'm only fond of them because of the nostalgia. Childhood memories can cloud my judgement !

We decided we'd rather ride the WORST ATTRACTION IN ALL OF WDW than let it all end right then and there. So we stepped into the "line" (there was none) for Stitch. It was awful -- just as much a waste of time as it had ever been.

As we all know, the coach really does turn into a pumpkin at midnight. In our case, that pumpkin was "Stitch's Great Escape."

David

Oh, my! Very convincing!
Telling myself: Skip Stitch, skip Stitch ...
Now, can I follow the good advice? Maybe! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter