What is the worst attraction at WDW?

Which attraction at WDW most desperately needs to be replaced or even just removed?

• Stitch's Great Escape

• The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management)

• Swiss Family Treehouse

• Universe of Energy: Ellen's Energy Adventure

• Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable

• Journey into Imagination with Figment

• Honey I Shrunk the Audience

• Sounds Dangerous

• Wildlife Express Train

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not sure why Honey I shrunk the Audience is on that list. That's pretty enjoyable.

And you should add It's A Small World to the list!

Then it would likely upset you to know that IASW was built on water specifically so that if The Magic Kingdom burned up around it, it would live on forever. :rotfl2:

As for COP, I personally believe that Walt himself would shoot out from underneath Cinderella's castle, grab COP before they could tear it down, and breathe fire on anyone involved with the destruction as he drug it carefully back under the castle to RIP with him in his huge cryogenic chamber.

Can anybody verify that the utilidors actually run underneath the castle proper? :rotfl2:

Stitch's Great escape for sure. The took one of the scariest rides, Alien Encounter and made it totally lame. The SFR Tree house has always been bad. I can't even believe Sounds Dangerous is still there. It has to go. Imagination is another great ride that was ruined by updates. COP is showing its age and needs either an update or removal. One that is not on your list but in think who's time has come and gone is the Grand Prix. Loud, smelly and over crowded. Just a waste of gasoline.

the carousel of progress has to go on that list

i know it has been around forever, but it is awful

I, among others, disagree. I personally love the COP. Of course I am a fan of the vintage Disney rides/attractions.

I voted for Stitch - we had heard that it was not very good but decided to see it anyway. We were waiting for it to start, which it didn't due to technical problems, so they ushered us out and gave us a free fast pass for any ride any time on the way out. So even though I did not see the show and got a free fast pass for it, I still think it should go.

I also voted for Sounds Dangerous. In 03 I fell asleep in the theatre. It was closed last April when we were there so that made the decision to skip it easier.

JD

I am ot a fan of the Treehouse...I am walking enough for the day....

With that said, I have never bothered to see Stitch.

Stitch:sad1:

I am a fan of Swiss Family Treehouse-it's not fantastic, but I think it's a nice break from the rides.

I liked the OLD Tiki Room-I think the new one is aweful:scared:

I agree with a PP about the Backlot Tour-it used to be so fun with lots of different things to do and see. Last time we went on it, they skipped the boat storm thing at the beginning due to windy weather & rushed us through the props closet. I know they were outdated, but I really miss the sitcom houses & the movie with Bette Midler!

Here Here Here!!!! I SOOOOO Miss Carousel of Progress.. I literally cried when they took it from Disneyland in CA and moved it to MK in WDW. So when I go to WDW - it's a MUST MUST MUST See multiple times!

:goodvibes

Can you believe I lived in Florida back in the late 80's...early 90's and we never saw that attraction but we went to WDW at least 3 times a month!

Now, I've been 3 times with my kids within the last 6 years and still we haven't seen it. I really want to so it is on our "must do" list for this trip!

I've never seen "sounds dangerous" either, but have no desire to! As for Stitch, I actually liked it better when it was Alien Encounter. I even still have a plush toy of the original alien creature that was featured in the ride back then! He's so cute!

Obviously, the nominations are a bit arbitrary, but I think that my choices are fairly defensible. In particular, Carousel of Progress and Small World do not belong on the list. It doesn't matter how much you might hate them; would you really want to eliminate rides that some people REALLY LOVE? I hesitated over nominating Honey I Shrunk the Audience, but since it's running in 3rd place, I guess that was okay. I didn't include Narnia since it's only a semi-permanent attraction. I considered Backlot Tour, but it's not that awful. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Great Movie Ride.

Speaking of being handcuffed to the CoP, that sort of happened to me once. There was a child (who I think was probably autistic) who started screaming and had to get off the ride. Apparently, opening the exit door messes with the ride operation, so everyone had to re-watch the scene they just saw. Then some people who were already regretting having gone on CoP decided that it was the perfect time to bail, so they went out the door... causing us to have to re-watch the scene again. Then more people headed for the door, with the CMs pleading with everyone to STAY SEATED, until they gave up and announced that they would be rotating the theater mid-scene as long as everyone would just STAY SEATED.

We might need a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" vs "Now Is The Time" poll, but someone would have to link to audio file, because some of us don't remember "Now Is The Time" very well.

I voted for Honey I Shrunk the Audience. DH and I can't stand that show. I don't even know what it is, but it rubs us the wrong way. I literally just lifted my legs sat up away from the back of the seat and closed my eyes the last time I went on it, to get through it. Maybe I'm just an odd ball though.

Stitch is the only attraction that I really don't like. Bring back the old Tiki room, but every once in awhile, I do go to the present one.

Bobbi:goodvibes

This discussion is really better suited for the Theme Parks Community board, so here is where it is now located. :)

Honey I Shrunk the Audience most definitely. SNORE!

I saw Circle of Life for the first time last month and I loved it!!

Stitch, saw it once a few years ago and have no interest in seeing it again even if there was no wait. Horrible, I wish they would tear it down and put a new ride in.

I'll pretty much go with everythig on Yenlee's list.

The one I would add is the Contry Bear Jamboree. I actually love that attraction, but they need to give it a Haunted Mansion treatment. Don't take away the magic, just a little of the cheese. Update the animatronic bears, add a few affects, change a few songs. Three years ago we went during the Christmas season and it was so much fun with the holiday music. I think the girls weer singin Jingle Bells at one point and the audience all joined in and it was great! Since 2006, they haven't even done the holiday version! :confused3 :sick:

It woud be so much better if CBJ actually came with a few different show versions.

I also think the Muppets needs a revamp desperately. As in the above exmple, it would be way cool if they could make a few different show versions of the Muppets - the original episode and a few new ones....

I picked Universe of Energy. That is the most god awful ride I ever went on at WDW. Second is Sound Dangerous.

I also agree about Country Bear Jamboree. It is a good show but needs a much needed overhaul. The bears look rather sad.

Stitch's Great Escape - This just isn't fun and I hate seeing Stitch everywhere.

The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management) - The original was perfect the way it was. The new version is a tragedy. I had heard that they ruined the Tiki Room, but the first time I experienced this train wreck my jaw dropped (literally).

Universe of Energy: Ellen's Energy Adventure - This is just lame. Living with the Land is slow, but at least it is interesting and enjoyable. This is just slow and tedious.

Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable - Nothing like a little propaganda to keep the vacation fun and light.

Honey I Shrunk the Audience - Why does this need a fastpass? What it actually needs is to be put out of it's misery. This was barely fun 15 years ago, now it isn't even worth napping through.

Sounds Dangerous - Sounds awful. Very awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter