• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

What is the most physical pain you have experienced?

Kidney stones, more times than I care to remember. Worst time was when I was 7.5 months pregnant.

A close second was when I experienced a Thunderclap Headache. It came on so fast, I thought I was stroking out/dying!

Oh I can understand. I had two prior ablation/excision of endometriosis and ovarian cysts and a D/C. Within 3 or so days I was walking upright alone and doing okay. I think that's what led me to believe that my hysterectomy would be the same.

I hope you are feeling better.

I am, thank you! They found no new endometriosis during my last procedure and now I'm happily sterile, lol. I hope you're doing ok now too!

My answer is between childbirth and one badly infected tooth that I ignored for far too long. I feel like the labor and chilbirth hurt worse than the infected tooth, but for some reason I could tolerate that pain better--if that makes sense? I absolutely have no tolerance for mouth pain, I'm such a baby.

Natural childbirth is up there but it is tied with having a planters wart removed from the ball of my foot under the big toe. It was sooo painful because it was about a quarter and a half wide and 1/4 inch deep. The problem is that they can’t stitch it up afterward because they can’t pull the skin together. So it was an open wound for weeks. By the second night I was delirious and vomiting from the pain. I shudder to think of the pain. To top it off the damn thing came back 8 months later. The second time I got rid of it permanently by scrubbing it every day for months with a pumice stone and putting essential oils on it. Go figure!

childbirth. first time i was ever in so much pain that I couldn't move. anything else has at least gotten arm flailing.

I have given birth twice and had hydronephrosis (severe kidney pain), but nothing comes close to the pain of migraines. The worst was a vestibular migraine that I had 2 years ago. I couldn't lift my head off my pillow and I really and truly wanted to die.

Childbirth- natural, not by choice

Ear wax on my ear drum and a doctor getting it out. He could not give me pain meds because I was driving. It only lasted a few minutes, but it was excruciating.

Did the pitocin without epidural for hours... think that's tied with frozen shoulder (according to the internet, kidney stones & frozen shoulder are about the same pain). Cervical spine surgery for a herniated disc didn't come close to the frozen shoulder pain level.

About 11 years ago I had a heart attack that was very painful. I was in a fetal position with tears rolling down my cheeks. I was given a nitro pill which gave me a terrible headache. I had two stents put in and I then felt like a new person.

I have a pretty big threshold for pain, but when I had endometriosis I used to lay down and cry the pain was so bad. It's like someone ripping at your insides with a claw hammer. I had two laparoscopies and numerous D&Cs. My gynecologists, all male, kept telling me to pretty much suck it up because they wanted to keep me putting out my own hormones for as long as possible. One gyno even told me to have a baby because that would cure it. Er-no thanks.

Finally, after 20 years of horrible pain I got a female gyno who took one look at my ultrasounds and told me that a hysterectomy (I was in my late 40s then) was an option. It turned out that I couldn't have a baby even if I wanted one because my uterus was caked with adhesions and scarring and wouldn't be able to expand. I never wanted kids anyway, so I practically danced to the operating room. I had a total hysterectomy, and am now happily in menopause. I'll take the hot flashes any day.

Well, I thought natural childbirth was pretty horrible.

Then I got shingles. It covered my neck, my entire shoulder and shoulder blade, under my arm and down my side. Doctor estimated it covered 25% of my body. It felt like I was on fire for nearly two weeks. I just took pain meds and slept. And now I have no feeling over my shoulder blade. Awful.

Easy. Even worse than childbirth was Having to have a thoracic drainage tube pulled out. It was awful the first time and worse the second because I knew what was coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter