What films put a lump in your throat?

My Girl
Marly & Me
Toy Story 3
Up
The Notebook
The Boy in the striped pajamas
Dear Zachary (documentary that resulted in a full sobfest)

My Girl
Marly & Me
Toy Story 3
Up
The Notebook
The Boy in the striped pajamas
Dear Zachary (documentary that resulted in a full sobfest)

I saw Dear Zachary and I agree, it was gut wrenching. It streams on Netflix if anyone is interested.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was also a sobfest.

I'm a cry baby when it comes to movies.

Titanic? Cry

Up? Cry

Game of Thrones? Cry. (Okay that isn't a movie but George R. R. Martin kills off nearly all of my favorite characters).

Toy Story 3? Give me the sob bucket.

I also watched the Dear Zachary documentary. Now that is something that I will never forget and probably one of my favorite documentaries ever. And yes. I cied.

I never cry at movies. No, I do not.

Well, maybe once.

Or twice….

in addition to some mentioned:

Casablanca
Empire of the Sun
The Way We Were
Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Out of Africa
Born Free

Mostly I am crying because this thread is showing my age.

I love your list and am crying too because one of my choices, The best years of our lives, won best film oscar in 1946!! lol
i wasn't born yet but anything made in the 1940s are my favorite!

I saw Life is Beautiful mentioned. I'd forgotten about my experience with that movie. I watched it home alone and cried so hard that I got sick. I had a hard time even speaking for the next 24 hours. That movie actually changed me. I'll never watch it again (but ultimately I'm glad that I watched it).

I am actually glad everyone is posting these movies here, now i know which ones to avoid! i never saw marley and me, my dog skip, dear zachary, we are marshall, life is beautiful, toy story 3 or the notebook (but i did read the book)i cry at everything!

I don't watch sad movies - in my opinion, there's enough sadness in life that I don't need to add it from a movie. I prefer to dwell on the positive.

But I did tear up at Big Hero 6 and the sad scene at the beginning of Guardians of the Galaxy. I probably wouldn't have watched them if I'd known about those scenes.

The Family Stone gets me every single time.

That, and Phenomenon (John Travolta and Kyra Sedgwick) full on bawling...

"Would you love me for the rest of my life?""No, I'll love you for the rest of mine."

UGH, pass the Kleenex.

The scene in Forrest Gump when they met in the reflecting pool. Hairs stand up on my arms every.single.time.

As I read the comments, I have to share. I love a movie that brings me to tears.
Sobbing? Rare, but that is an extraordinary film. Book? Even more rare.
I love that something is written that is so well that it causes the reader/viewer to cry!:thumbsup2

I love movies that make me cry.

Sound of Music. When Captain gets choked up singing Edelweiss and Maria starts singing with him. <3

Marley and Me-my husband, my daughter and I were sobbing. My son-nothing. And he LOVES our dog, more than he loves any person, I think. LOL I don't get it.

The Notebook. I watched it by myself. My husband walked in as it ended and thought someone had died. I had tissues piled up and was still crying.

I cry at almost everything, but those are the 3 that always get me.

A documentary about an orphaned Orca called, "Saving Luna." OMG! :sad:

Honestly, anything involving animals...

I love your list and am crying too because one of my choices, The best years of our lives, won best film oscar in 1946!! lol
i wasn't born yet but anything made in the 1940s are my favorite!
I love The Best Years of Our Lives. I have the DVD, and I started to play it for my DD and her new DH. They laughed and weren't paying attention, joking bc it was in black and white. :sad1: So I turned it off. I love the '40s war movies and they all give me a lump in my throat. My favorite WWII movie is They Were Expendable.

I don't watch sad movies - in my opinion, there's enough sadness in life that I don't need to add it from a movie. I prefer to dwell on the positive.

But I did tear up at Big Hero 6 and the sad scene at the beginning of Guardians of the Galaxy. I probably wouldn't have watched them if I'd known about those scenes.

I just saw Big Hero 6 yesterday. Add that to my list of crying like a baby in public.

Guardians of the Galaxy is one of my favorites movies, but leave it to Marvel to tear my heart out within the first 10 minutes of a movie. :sad:

I love The Best Years of Our Lives. I have the DVD, and I started to play it for my DD and her new DH. They laughed and weren't paying attention, joking bc it was in black and white. :sad1: So I turned it off. I love the '40s war movies and they all give me a lump in my throat. My favorite WWII movie is They Were Expendable.

I love the black and white films from the 1940s another great one is Penny Serenade with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. a real heartbreaker.

I love the black and white films from the 1940s another great one is Penny Serenade with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. a real heartbreaker.
Tears are in my eyes just thinking about that movie. My parents lost their first-born to medical reasons at 18 mos, before I was born. Penny Serenade will be on TCM tomorrow at 4pm, and Dec 23 at 8:45am.

It would probably be easier to think of the few that do not make me cry. Seems like everything does. I never get just a lump in my throat, full on box of tissues cry. In recent years: War Horse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter