What do you wish for a Castaway gift?

nice beach towel stuffed into a new style back pack would be great!!
"New style" as in the sling bag?
2017 sling bag.PNG

Or, the backpack (rucksack style) we got on our EBTA last year?
2016 bag platinum cup P1080943 Fuse 1500.jpg

I prefer the original backpack that they had briefly (2012):
2012 blue backpack wonder 012 100_1443 1500.jpg

Coffee cups that dont look like they should be sold at the dollar store. Baseball cap beach towel, free drink coupons, Mickey pen anything but the ugly beach bags.
If I get another beach bag I'm taking it back to guest services.
I would actually be happy with anything as long as it changed every year. They've been handing out the same ugly bags for 3 years now. I actually just threw out 6 of them.

Two things -

First. I agree that the 2012 Backpack looks like the best. I got the rucksack style one and it is a pain to put things in so it does not get used much. There were many good ideas here in the vein of understanding that no matter what it is it has to be able to be used for many and produced on a mass scale.

Second. I hope that those of you who have been lucky enough to travel many times and have more bags than you could use would be so kind as to "throw out" your bags, cups, etc. that are still in good condition to a Goodwill / Salvation Army / Church Thrift Shop, etc. I'm sure there a folks out there who have not had the pleasure of acquiring these from Disney who would be thrilled to come across them discount shopping.

When we first started getting Castaway Club gifts (2010)we got the red beach bag, rice krispie cookies and water bottles
View attachment 262017

By 2012 we got the (great) blue backpack, chip & dale crackers/prezels, and key ring
View attachment 262019 View attachment 262018

By 2014 it was the canvas beach bag (different colors for different levels)
View attachment 262020

And, for gold, a game tin (playing cards, and a word game) plus a magnetic door write on/wipe off board

View attachment 262021

By 2015 it was the burlap bag as the basic gift on the Caribbean cruises.
View attachment 262022

I have the red bucket bag. I use it as a gym bag.
I have the blue backpack. My favorite. I use it whenever we travel.
I have the silver canvas bag. My least favorite. I use it as my church supplies bag.
I have gotten 2 of the burlap bags. One of which I gave to my daughter. We both use them all the time for traveling. Mine looks like it's been a mile or two.

When we first started getting Castaway Club gifts (2010)we got the red beach bag, rice krispie cookies and water bottles
View attachment 262017

By 2012 we got the (great) blue backpack, chip & dale crackers/prezels, and key ring
View attachment 262019 View attachment 262018

By 2014 it was the canvas beach bag (different colors for different levels)
View attachment 262020

And, for gold, a game tin (playing cards, and a word game) plus a magnetic door write on/wipe off board

View attachment 262021

By 2015 it was the burlap bag as the basic gift on the Caribbean cruises.
View attachment 262022
This is truly a trip down memory lane for me!

I don't think that they would give out a gift card to the shops onboard, since Gold and Platinum's already get a 10% discount in the shops.
They wouldn't give out drink coupons, since not everyone drinks alcohol.
The bags that they do give out seem to be specific to what would be needed to carry things on that particular cruise's itinerary. Somehow I don't see that changing.

A Christmas ornament. This is our standard vacation souvenir. We do have a CC keychain they gave us once that we use as an ornament on our tree.

I don't think that they would give out a gift card to the shops onboard, since Gold and Platinum's already get a 10% discount in the shops.
They wouldn't give out drink coupons, since not everyone drinks alcohol.
The bags that they do give out seem to be specific to what would be needed to carry things on that particular cruise's itinerary. Somehow I don't see that changing.

There are both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks of the day.

It appears to be changing. There are reports (from both the Dream & Fantasy) that people have been receiving the sling bag (the one that's been on the Alaska cruises previously).

A night at sea when they turn off all the topside lights. Having spent many, many, many days at sea, I truly miss the glorious sight of the night sky at sea. I understand the safety considerations all too well, but...wow. That would be a fantastic gift.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter