What do you wish for a Castaway gift?

I wish they had 4 or so options that you could then choose. So i wouldn't end up with 4 of the grey bags. A beach towel, a coffee travel mug, water cup(tervis, hydroflask,etc), a full size pirate bandana instead of the micro ones, etc.

Christmas ornament or a certain amount of credit to buy whatever I want in the gift shop/bars.

As a part of school fundraising we always ask stores to give GC to their shop for raffles. It helps two-fold because the winner of the GC usually goes and spends the GC plus extra. So the store actually makes a little more and they get to write off the card (in our case)
So DCL wouldn't have to spend $ to get the trinkets, get more $ on average if they did give a gift card because we would spend it along with more $ in the shop. Surprised they haven't done that.

I'd love it if they gave us a a card that's good for a couple of free drinks/coffee/smoothies/or even just bottles of water. I guess I prefer something that is consumable rather than something to haul home. I was recently cleaning out our spare bedroom and found four DCL backpacks of varying styles. All but one hit the curb. I'm really not sure why I kept that one, expect for sentimental reasons as we all have backpacks that we prefer for travel over the CC freebies.

If it has to be a "thing", then I love the gift card idea. That way you can choose what you want, even if it costs more than the gift card. At least you would be getting something you will actually use, and not just keep for a few years and then throw away.

ideas: sturdy backpack, beach towel, credit for the stores (don't worry--I'll still spend money), free popcorn, "ducky" lithograph, coasters, drink card for smoothies or coffee, waterbottles, photo frame, blanket...

We have 3 of the DCL black/blue backpacks and we've been using them as a diaper bag. We've worked our way through one of them--the bottom became threadbare and the mesh pockets ripped, but it was well used! We use the beach bags as well...pool bags. Maybe they could change the bag based on CC status. If you're a super frequent cruiser you probably don't want 5 of the same bag (unless you really really like that particular bag).

Last edited:
For my gift I would like free wifi or 50% off of my next cruise. I don't need another bag

I agree, bring back the beach towel. I only have one of those and it is something we could use more of. At this point I have more DCL bags and cups than I could ever use. I almost left my cups in our room when we left Saturday only because I have no more room in my cabinets for them and we really don't use them.

In reading these replies I like the free wifi option, H2O products to take home, free beverage, or a gift shop credit. These are all things I would actually use. Even a rice krispie treat would be worth more to me than another bag. ;)

I agree, bring back the beach towel. I only have one of those and it is something we could use more of. At this point I have more DCL bags and cups than I could ever use. I almost left my cups in our room when we left Saturday only because I have no more room in my cabinets for them and we really don't use them.

In reading these replies I like the free wifi option, H2O products to take home, free beverage, or a gift shop credit. These are all things I would actually use. Even a rice krispie treat would be worth more to me than another bag. ;)
Time was they did give rice krispie treats:
2010 Rice Krispie Flip Flop - magic T30135 100_2880.JPG

Long ago, did not DCL give out a bag or backpack with several items in it? Like cookies, cups, cards and such? Or was that just for the Gold and Platinum members?

I wish they would change what ever the offering is more frequently. I have enough tote bags (though I always find myself needing to cram stuff in them to get all my things off the ship).

Long ago, did not DCL give out a bag or backpack with several items in it? Like cookies, cups, cards and such? Or was that just for the Gold and Platinum members?
When we first started getting Castaway Club gifts (2010)we got the red beach bag, rice krispie cookies and water bottles
2010 old gifts.jpg

By 2012 we got the (great) blue backpack, chip & dale crackers/prezels, and key ring
2012 blue backpack wonder 012 100_1443 1500.jpg 2012 snacks.jpg

By 2014 it was the canvas beach bag (different colors for different levels)
2014 beach tote bags.jpg

And, for gold, a game tin (playing cards, and a word game) plus a magnetic door write on/wipe off board

2014 gold gift dream 2014 14160 P1020284 1500.jpg

By 2015 it was the burlap bag as the basic gift on the Caribbean cruises.
2015 bag (Bree).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Princess Shmoo. So my memory is not quite depleted ... yet. :) Hopefully someday they will come back with the beach towel. I picked one up at a yard sale a few years ago and it is our favorite beach towel.

Kate

First, I am grateful for anything we receive. That said.....

Cash in unmarked bills or a certificate for the next cruise free.

Just a thought :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter