What Disney Movie That You Love Do You Think Is The Most Underated?

Definitely Brother Bear! It's one of my favorites. It's funny, it has Phil Collins music (which is AMAZING), and it has good messages in it as well!

Also Emperor's New Groove, Bug's Life, Fox and the Hound, The Rescuers, and Princess and the Frog!:thumbsup2

I think Meet the Robinsons is one of the most underrated Disney movies. It has such a good message to it, which is to keep moving forward no matter what or who tries to stop you. And the fact that they used an actual quote from Walt Disney as a theme for the movie always makes my day.
Another really underrated but more recent of the Disney movies I think is Saving Mr. Banks. I never hear people talking about it when it's actually one of my favorite Disney movies. It sheds some light on the process it took for Disney to get the rights to PL Travers book, Mary Poppins. Tom Hanks portrayed a wonderful Walt, practically perfect if you ask me. I loved seeing the process of them creating some of the Mary Poppins scenes as that, too, is one of my favorites. It may have been sad, but that doesn't mean it should be overlooked.

Both of these!!!

Echoing everyone who said The Hunchback of Notre Dame. The animation and backgrounds are amazing. The songs are probably the best in any movie, and the story is great. I think it gets a lot of undeserved hate because it veers so much from the book.

And I know this probably doesn't count because I don't think it was technically made by Disney, but Disney is on the DVD box...The Brave Little Toaster. Infinitely rewatchable.

Echoing everyone who said The Hunchback of Notre Dame. The animation and backgrounds are amazing. The songs are probably the best in any movie, and the story is great. I think it gets a lot of undeserved hate because it veers so much from the book.

And I know this probably doesn't count because I don't think it was technically made by Disney, but Disney is on the DVD box...The Brave Little Toaster. Infinitely rewatchable.

Did you ever see the live production at DHS? OMG, it was fantastic. I don't even like musicals--movies or stage--as a rule, but this was phenomenal. I may have post this previously, but I took a friend from NYC to WDW and we watched the DHS production. He was in awe, he said something to the effect that it was close to Broadway quality.

Wall-e too.

wall-e-2008.jpg

Mine is Newsies! I feel like it got little to no love until Papermill decided to bring it back to life :( Critics were very harsh on it while it was in theaters.

Of recent releases, I'd have to choose The Princess and the Frog.
From older times, I always wish there was more RESCUERS presence.

I would love to say Hunchback but I can't get beyond the fact that it was disneyfield too much. Characters should have died!

Pocahontas? No. The music is great but this isn't the story of a real person's real life.

Wall-E? Maybe we should start a campaign to make Ave a Princess!

guess I will say Ratatouille

Robin Hood
Pete's Dragon
Pollyanna
Old Yeller

I always enjoyed the time period of Pollyanna and the message is nice too. I'm not sure that these are underrated as much as they are just forgotten.

Some of my favorites are probably the most underrated - sometimes even forgotten:

Atlantis:The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet, Bolt, Meet the Robinsons

I'm glad to see I'm not the first to mention 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' which is one of my all-time favourite Disney animated classics and has been since I first saw it in the cinema. The soundtrack is incredible (probably my favourite actually) and the backgrounds are beautiful.

I also really enjoyed Brother Bear. :3

Last edited:
Ratatouille. Such a wonderful film - I'm hoping they give them their own attraction in he parks one day

Emperor's New Groove! My DD and I were just talking about how this movie gets no love and it's hilarious. There was even a tv series, and now . . .nothing:(

TDO has been purposely suppressed SOTS. When I was a kid watching Wonderful World of Disney (in living color) on Sunday nights in the '70's they played it fairly often, at least several times. Then, nothing, like it never existed.

I was the same way. I remember it clearly, but hadn't been able to see it. It's an odd movie. I bought a bootleg after my kids rode Splash Mountain so many times without a frame of reference. They really dug the Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox stuff, but thought the human acting stuff was pretty silly.

It's certainly got a level of racial insensitivity to it, but more than that, the plot doesn't work. Ruth Warrick's character makes no sense, either, and it's hard topical it in time -- is it reconstruction Georgia? That would bet my best bet.

But it did give us Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da, so it can't be all bad. But there's not enough there to want it unevaluated, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter