What Disney Movie That You Love Do You Think Is The Most Underated?

Hercules:
I admit that the plot is a bit formulaic but the characters of Phil, Hades, and Meg more than make up for it. Also, even though the movie pretty much ignores Greek mythology except for the characters, I love all the little references to it like Phil warning Herc not to hit his head on the prow of the Argo and complaining about Achilles’ heel.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame:
Claude Frollo is my favorite Disney villain and I really like how the movie uses more mature themes than most Disney movies like lust, racism, and religious bigotry. And the Hellfire song is easily the best villain song.

Hunchback Of Notre Dame is definately underrated! Each time I watch it, it gets better and better!

Hercules:
I admit that the plot is a bit formulaic but the characters of Phil, Hades, and Meg more than make up for it. Also, even though the movie pretty much ignores Greek mythology except for the characters, I love all the little references to it like Phil warning Herc not to hit his head on the prow of the Argo and complaining about Achilles’ heel.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame:
Claude Frollo is my favorite Disney villain and I really like how the movie uses more mature themes than most Disney movies like lust, racism, and religious bigotry. And the Hellfire song is easily the best villain song.

I think Wall-e got alot of hype when it was in the theater and when it came out on Blu-Ray. It is also always ranked among the top Disney movies. It is just not talked about like the rest of the top Disney movies like Toy Story, Little Mermaid, Up, etc.

Chicken Little is just ok for me, my kids love it though!

I think Wall-e is vastly underrated. I thought it was brillant and very romantic.
I also feel that Chicken Little doesn't get any respect; but I really liked it.:thumbsup2

I am going to agree with the Hunchback of Notre Dame. There is so much detail in some of the scenes from the animators. I think it does have a more mature theme but I think it is very underated

I'm in with the "Hunchback" camp - THIS is one that really deserves the Broadway treatment - but my first reaction was "Great Mouse Detective." That's a charming, funny little movie that I think is really underrated.

Gnomeo and Juliet!

The characters are so cute and they could have put out a lot of merchandise. This DVD was available at many of the check-out counters in the DLR as if they were trying to promote it. I think it would have done better if there were plush characters, action figures, etc... The soundtrack is fabulous and the story is really amusing. And with the Disney references in the movie, that would have generated more interest in merchandise and would have built more momentum for the film.

Mine are from the '80s but Oliver and Company and The Brave Little Toaster are very underrated in my opinion. And it's not from the '80s but I also liked Dinosaur a lot.

I didn't know Hercules was underrated I thought it was popular/well liked.

I love Oliver and Company! The soundtrack is awesome!!!

Gnomeo and Juliet!

The characters are so cute and they could have put out a lot of merchandise. This DVD was available at many of the check-out counters in the DLR as if they were trying to promote it. I think it would have done better if there were plush characters, action figures, etc... The soundtrack is fabulous and the story is really amusing. And with the Disney references in the movie, that would have generated more interest in merchandise and would have built more momentum for the film.

:thumbsup2

I didn't know Hercules was underrated I thought it was popular/well liked.

Hercules is probably more forgotten than underrated. If asked what their favorite Disney movies from the 1980s-90s are most people's lists would consist of The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, and maybe Pocahontas rather than Hercules, Great Mouse Detective, Black Cauldron, or Rescuers Down Under.

like 90% of my favorite Disney movies are the underrated ones or were at one point underrated before a relaunch.
Oliver & Co.
Ducktales the movie(not many people remember there was a theatical movie)
Black Cauldern(one of my favorite book series, I wish Disney would dust off their copyright and remake the franchise and do it fully right this time.)
Emperor's New Groove(also Kronk's new Groove)
Robin Hood
Tresure Planet
Hunchback
Hercules

and for about the first decade of it's existance Nightmare before Christmas. I remember seeing that opening weekend as a kid and not many people knew about it until it relaunched and showed up at Hot Topic.

I love DuckTales movie, I think it was Treasure Of The Lost Lamp....we don't have it, but we do have the Cartoon Seasons....

like 90% of my favorite Disney movies are the underrated ones or were at one point underrated before a relaunch.
Oliver & Co.
Ducktales the movie(not many people remember there was a theatical movie)
Black Cauldern(one of my favorite book series, I wish Disney would dust off their copyright and remake the franchise and do it fully right this time.)
Emperor's New Groove(also Kronk's new Groove)
Robin Hood
Tresure Planet
Hunchback
Hercules

and for about the first decade of it's existance Nightmare before Christmas. I remember seeing that opening weekend as a kid and not many people knew about it until it relaunched and showed up at Hot Topic.

Hook!

I thought it was underrated when it came out; they've been playing it a lot on BBC America recently and I think it's better than I remember. I think Dustin Hoffman was brilliant as Captain Hook and so was Bob Hoskins as Smee. I thought my daughter would find it too slow in the first half and not like some of the characters being different from the cartoon but she loves it and won't stop watching it.

240512--620x0-1.jpg

Great pick, I didn't appreciate this movie that much when it came out, but now I love it!

Hook!

I thought it was underrated when it came out; they've been playing it a lot on BBC America recently and I think it's better than I remember. I think Dustin Hoffman was brilliant as Captain Hook and so was Bob Hoskins as Smee. I thought my daughter would find it too slow in the first half and not like some of the characters being different from the cartoon but she loves it and won't stop watching it.

240512--620x0-1.jpg

I have loads of favorite Disney movies that I think are underrated... But my 'baby' right now is Wreck-It Ralph... I know it had some hype, but I didn't see a super vast amount of merch for that movie, at least not where I live, and talk about it around here (where I live) is low to negative. I mean, I feel like the only person in my town sometimes who really loved it and was into the fandom. I mean, just once, I'd like to be walking around somewhere and bump into someone else wearing an "I'm Gonna Wreck-It!" shirt other than myself... Or someone else who really likes plushes like I do that has a plush of maybe Ralph or Vanellope like I do... I have a talking Ralph. My boyfriend who lives with me has a Vanellope.

I also have a near-finished Vanellope costume, and my boyfriend has a near-finished Ralph costume.

And Turbo was the absolute most demented fun I have ever had with a Disney villain in YEARS. Seriously. I mean, I love how he fooled literally EVERYONE. Even the people watching the film! 'Course, I admit when Tangled came, I loved Mother Gothel a lot, too. But that's getting a little off-topic. lol

I would have to say Oliver and Company. I was surprised when I went to college how many people had never seen it, and it was one of my favorites growing up.

I also think 101 Dalmatians is underrated now. I remember it being a big deal when it came out and there were a lot of McDonalds/Burger King/assorted fast food places that picked it up for Happy Meal toys and I'm sure other sponsorships came of it, but nowadays it doesn't seem like a popular movie. It's one of the movies I wish was represented more in the parks aside from All Star Movies and the occasional Cruella de Vil appearance.

Gee, I think there are a lot of underrated (and forgotten) Disney movies:
The Sword in the Stone
The Aristocats
Robin Hood
The Rescuers
The Fox and the Hound
The Great Mouse Detective
The Rescuers Down Under
Pocahontas
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hercules
The Emperor's New Groove
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Home on the Range
Meet the Robinsons
And I'm not even including the package films of the early days!
As for underrated Disney/Pixar movies, I's say A Bug's Life and Brave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter