What Disney Movie That You Love Do You Think Is The Most Underated?

I always thought Bolt was a great Disney movie and that doesn't seem to be very popular by most people.

The classic Alice In Wonderful has never been looked at on the same level as Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty. It just seems like people never grasped onto Alice and the other zany characters from the movie. I agree that some of the parts of the movie is out there, but in a lot of ways that is why I love it.

I'm changing my vote... to Tomorrowland. :) Bolt is awesome. I showed to some kids and adults and ALL said wow, after.

Princess and the Frog. Rapunzel was so popular that Tiana was pushed back but I think she is the best Disney Princess and it's one of the best Disney Movies in recent times. :)
I'm totally with you! Has some of my favorite Disney tunes ever. Great movie!

I haven't seen this in ages, but I remember loving Pete's Dragon. :)

Dinosaur. I freaking adore that movie and the animation was AMAZING for it's time...heck, it still looks pretty darn fantastic now! The characters are so likable and I feel like the entire plot was just executed so well. I'm really sad it's such a forgotten film, it's such a gem.

If we're talking classics, I adore 101 Dalmatians and have yet to meet someone else whose favorite it also is. So I've gotta rep the home team on that one.

A Goofy Movie is also sorely underrated, as is the music from that film! Stand Out and Eye to Eye are fantastic in all honesty.

Aristocats anyone, these days Marie is the only Disney character who represents that film. The other cats including Duchess,Toulouse, and Berlioz rarely show up in Marie merchandise.

Last edited:
I'm totally with you! Has some of my favorite Disney tunes ever. Great movie!

I haven't seen this in ages, but I remember loving Pete's Dragon. :)

Tiana was my DDs first fav princess, blew Rapunzel away - she just finally met her at POR last year after waiting almost two years.. She was so happy.
I think I watched that movie 100 times with her.

I don't know if underrated is true for my list as I don't remember the 'hype' - it was long ago:

Fox and the Hound (boy do they need to sell a playset for this)
Pocahontas
Wreck it Ralph
All the Nature Movies (adore them)

Most Recent : Big Hero 6 ( I loved loved this movie!!) Just didn't feel very big

We watched that frequently even on VHS:D, loved in my house!!!
I watched that film two days before we left for our Senior Trip. Since I wanted to refresher my memory for the character's personalities. I can't tell if Marie is arrogant or spoiled around her brothers but besides that she's very cute. She is even my favorite Disney character next to Pinocchio.

Aristocats anyone, these days Marie is the only Disney character who represents that film. The other cats including Duchess,Toulouse, and Berlioz rarely show up in Marie merchandise.
The Aristocats is a fantastic movie. I love all the characters in that movie especially Scat Cat and his Band of Alley cats. Thomas O' Malley is also very cool.

I'll throw another vote to Blackbeard's Ghost. Also not a very traditional Disney movie, but I thought Something Wicked This Way Comes was always underrated. Loved the whole look and feel of that movie, and can still remember fondly how it scared me as a kid :scared:

I would have to say Oliver and Company. I was surprised when I went to college how many people had never seen it, and it was one of my favorites growing up.

I also think 101 Dalmatians is underrated now. I remember it being a big deal when it came out and there were a lot of McDonalds/Burger King/assorted fast food places that picked it up for Happy Meal toys and I'm sure other sponsorships came of it, but nowadays it doesn't seem like a popular movie. It's one of the movies I wish was represented more in the parks aside from All Star Movies and the occasional Cruella de Vil appearance.

I never thought about that being underrated, but I can totally see what you're saying! I remember when sales of dalmatians spiked, but I think it has become underrated. Great points.

It's my favorite and I think it could be more recognized by more people. The movie is The Princess and the Frog.

I really enjoy The Sword and the Stone. It is a fantastic story, but never seems to get any respect at all.

I think Treasure Planet, Pollyanna, Wall-E, The Incredibles, The Great Mouse Detective, Kim Possible: A Stitch in Time and, Brother Bear, Peter Pan 2: Return to Neverland are under-rated. I also STRONGLY agree with Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules and The Princess and the Frog.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter