What compensation would you expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are sleeping and then two two men burst into your room where you are in your bed 4 feet away. And it's not a big deal to you? You are very strange.
I don’t think anyone is saying you didn’t have a legitimate right to feel afraid in the moment but that this error does not rise to the level of malicious intent that requires compensation. As described it sounds like an honest accident.

You're not out anything or damaged in any way. Not even really that inconvenienced either, so I don't know why compensation would be due. But as a gesture from the customer service perspective, I'd say a voucher for breakfast or dinner or even drink coupons would be a nice thing for the unpleasant experience.

I'm not sure why it matters if they were male or female. I'm trying to picture what you mean by "bursting in".

As long as they apologized I wouldn't expect anything since it was my fault for not using a DND sign or the door latch.

from a hotel if two male housekeepers burst into your room unannounced while you were in bed? The owner of the Best Western in Corbin KY took $10 off our tab last week. I'm telling him that is not nearly enough and he is not responding.
Hotel staff should not be entering your room at that time of night unless you have specifically requested service in your room for something. It is highly inappropriate.
Call & speak to the General Manager at the property, explain the details of what happened, how it impacted your stay & how it is still impacting you. You should be offered a refund for you stay or points that are equal to your stay if the have a loyalty program that you are enrolled in. Good luck, don't take no for an answer.

Hotel staff should not be entering your room at that time of night unless you have specifically requested service in your room for something. It is highly inappropriate.
Call & speak to the General Manager at the property, explain the details of what happened, how it impacted your stay & how it is still impacting you. You should be offered a refund for you stay or points that are equal to your stay if the have a loyalty program that you are enrolled in. Good luck, don't take no for an answer.

Uhhhhh....it was after 10am - not during the night.

It was 10:15 AM.

Even if it was at night. A full refund is a bit much,

Please read at least the first page. OP clarified it was 10:15AM, OP neglected to put out the DND sign, OP neglected to affix the chain/latch. What do you expect housekeeping to do?

Uhhhhh....it was after 10am - not during the night.

It was 10:15 AM.

Even if it was at night. A full refund is a bit much,

Please read at least the first page. OP clarified it was 10:15AM, OP neglected to put out the DND sign, OP neglected to affix the chain/latch. What do you expect housekeeping to do?
My apologies, my eyes read PM. 10:15 AM is a different story entirely.
10:15 PM on the other hand, I am sticking with what I wrote. Branded hotel chains have standards, policy & procedures that are to be followed. An uninvited entry at 10:15 PM should prompt the guest to ask the GM to recite that policy & address it with agreeable compensation.
Again, sorry I misread the time.

I had taken off the DND when I came back from breakfast because I planned to head back out.
This is why I never remove the DND unless I'm ready for the room to be serviced by housekeeping or on check out day I'm actually leaving as in that's the last time I exit the room.

Every hotel I stay at the DND stays up when I don't want someone to come in. If I take the sign down I'm signaling that my room is ok to go in so I don't remove the sign (or flip it around for the double-sided ones) until I leave the room for the day or when I'm done getting my stuff out on check out day. That way I don't give any confusion to housekeeping or any other employee at the hotel.

It doesn't matter if the person is sleeping still at 10am..pretty sure people should be able to sleep as long as they want (with exception of check out day when they need to be out by checkout time or the time they got for late check out).

It does matter that there was no DND sign up.

Basically it was a confusion. Housekeeping thought the room was good to go, unfortunately it wasn't. Honest mistake-no compensation should be sought. Nice that you got $10 even if that doesn't seem like much it was something when I personally feel no compensation was due.

In the future make sure you have a DND sign and you use it when you don't want to be disturbed.

Knock. This is the issue. I've had housekeeping knock on the door dozens of times. No problem. Two men talking loudly opening the door to your darkened room while you are in bed? That's a problem.

Knock. This is the issue. I've had housekeeping knock on the door dozens of times. No problem. Two men talking loudly opening the door to your darkened room while you are in bed? That's a problem.

Were you asleep and they woke you up?
What happened after they entered and found you there?
If you want us to believe it was a problem you'll have to give more details because the way I'm reading it is you were sleeping, they could have knocked, came in when nobody answered, found you there asleep, and you told them the room was occupied, they apologized and left.

I would have thought..... cripes that scared me! I should have put the do not disturb sign on and latched the door.
Then I would have gone on with my day.

Burst seems a bit dramatic.

Add me to the camp that says there is no compensation due in this case.

Are you sure they didn't knock though? If you're asleep, would you know for sure? They knock, get no response, so they come in thinking the room is empty. OK, they find you in bed. Did they apologize and leave immediately? What do you want compensation for? How are they supposed to know you were asleep? Even a darkened room doesn't mean anything. Basically they got no response from a knock (assuming they did), there was no DND sign, and there was no safety latch engaged. So how exactly were they supposed to know you were sleeping?

Sorry, you still haven't convinced me you're due anything.

They did not knock. I was not asleep. Compensation is required in this case. That's how the business works. I don't feel ten dollars is enough and I wanted to hear opinions.

They did not knock. I was not asleep. Compensation is required in this case. That's how the business works. I don't feel ten dollars is enough and I wanted to hear opinions.

Compensation is NOT required.

And several have asked what happened after they came in and you haven’t answered. Did they leave? Hang out? Weild their trusty cleaning supplies in a threatening manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter