What compensation would you expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirlz

DIS Veteran
from a hotel if two male housekeepers burst into your room unannounced while you were in bed? The owner of the Best Western in Corbin KY took $10 off our tab last week. I'm telling him that is not nearly enough and he is not responding.

from a hotel if two male housekeepers burst into your room unannounced while you were in bed? The owner of the Best Western in Corbin KY took $10 off our tab last week. I'm telling him that is not nearly enough and he is not responding.

A little more information...

What time of day was this? Were you asleep and possibly didn't hear a knock? I know since the Vegas shootings, several hotel chains are *requiring* their staff to enter a room at least once a day even if there's a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, but I'd certainly imagine they aren't supposed to do it at night.

I would expect a full refund. There is no call for that! I must however point out that you should always have the little slide lock thing flipped on your door when you are in your room. It’s a safety issue so no one can walk right in.

A maintenance man entered our room in the middle of the night because on his roster the room was empty (or so he said when we surprised one another- I think he was as mortified as we were). We brought it up at check out the next morning and the maintenance man had already reported it. The hotel comped us the room for one night and gave us breakfast vouchers.

A little more information...

What time of day was this? Were you asleep and possibly didn't hear a knock? I know since the Vegas shootings, several hotel chains are *requiring* their staff to enter a room at least once a day even if there's a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, but I'd certainly imagine they aren't supposed to do it at night.
It was 10:15 am. I had looked for a DND sign to hang on the door but turned out it was a magnet the same color as the door and I didn't see it. I had gotten up early to get breakfast before the 9 am end. The door had an odd flip lock that I couldn't figure out in my grogginess. My Wife said "Just come back back to bed, nobody's going to come busting in" and then they did!

It was 10:15 am. I had looked for a DND sign to hang on the door but turned out it was a magnet the same color as the door and I didn't see it. I had gotten up early to get breakfast before the 9 am end. The door had an odd flip lock that I couldn't figure out in my grogginess. My Wife said "Just come back back to bed, nobody's going to come busting in" and then they did!

Ahh thanks for that additional information. I'd say that knocking should still be the protocol of course, but your story helps paint a picture of what could have happened. Most hotels have a checkout time of 11:00 AM. If you left the room at 9:00 AM to get breakfast, maybe they thought you'd left (they can see when people come and go from each room based on the door - maybe they didn't register you returning.)

It's weird to have two housekeepers enter. I can't recall the last time I saw two housekeepers working in tandem at a hotel, even luxury resorts let alone a Best Western in Kentucky. And $10 is such a weird bit of compensation.

I had someone do this during my bachelorette party weekend. Marriott comped us the room for the night and bought us all dinner. I was still considering changing the room - but it was for the Kentucky Derby weekend and nearly impossible to rebook.

Did they knock (at least claim they did)? Did they apologize? Did they immediately leave once they realized you were in the room?

I'm still not at the "entitled to compensation" point.

Why is it an employee can't make a mistake without compensation being immediately required?

Did they really "burst" into the room? I get that makes it sound much more dramatic but I have rarely seen housekeeping THAT enthusiastic to do their jobs lol. They entered by mistake and then they left. This probably happens thousands of times per year at hotels around the world. There is no damage done, so why is compensation needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter