What compensation would you expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Op you are just milking an insignificant minor occurance at the hotel as a way to not pay your bill, that is quite apparent. Why should the manager deal with you, I seriously doubt he wants you as a return customer. I know I wouldn't. Your "damages" are barely worth $10.00, just pay what you owe after enjoying the facilities and free breakfast and stop scratching to find something that is not there!

I haven’t read all the pages of this thread, but if indeed they burst into the room, it would at the very least startled me, but more likely scared me, especially if I were in the room alone.

I would expect a complimentary breakfast but not anything more.

Last edited:
Another reminder, use the locks provided
Review the paperwork ...u likely agreed to, that allows the entrances.
If this was the “empty room ck”. He reported it, likely as horrified as you. That’s a Corporate issue, you could address as you see fit.
Few years back, My sil got comped,she was alone, very early am male entered her room ( she had not used the slide bolt!). to ck on an “alleged” empty room.
one lucky guy, as she’s a slow draw...now that woulda been a nightmare!
Try n Move on.. thankfully no real harm done

Personally, I think there's responsibility on both sides. Yes, you should have left out the DND sign and locked the flip lock, but they should have knocked and waited for a response before coming in. I don't think just because it was 10 am that they should have some sort of pass from knocking or expectation that people might still be asleep. Outside of Disney, if I stay at a hotel more than one night, I'm bound to sleep until noon. Even on check out day, I'll sleep until 1045.

It doesn't sound like anything was done maliciously and it seems it was an honest mistake, so I wouldn't push for anything big. I would definitely have had a chat with the manager about how nobody should be going into rooms without knocking. If I was in your shoes, I would have liked more than $10, not because I felt my inconvenience was worth some arbitrary dollar amount, but because on the hotel's behalf (any business' behalf), it's the nice thing to do when they make a mistake. I wouldn't ask for anything though or demand more, because it wouldn't mean as much if it felt like I had to force them for it. A free meal voucher or something along those lines would have been nice, but again, if they didn't offer it, I wouldn't push. I would just let my displeasure with the situation known, and I probably would hesitate to return there.

In regards to the door locks- I'm young still, so please don't flame me! It was only a few years ago that I learned that you should flip the switch lock thing to keep hotel personnel out. Every hotel I've stayed at has had a deadbolt kind of lock and I had thought that would prevent any random housekeeper from entering your room and that the other switch lock was more of a convenience to keep young kids from escaping out of rooms and to be able to open the door just a crack if you weren't sure you wanted to invite someone in. I have of course since learned that the deadbolt lock does NOT keep hotel personnel out and I do always flip the top switch. I've been to several hotels over the years though that didn't have DND signs. Regardless, there is some responsibility on people to use the lock and sign, but as hotel guests, I think we all still have the right to the respect of a knock on the door before someone enters or even attempts. Signs aren't always there to put out and sometimes fall down and if someone goes for breakfast while others are asleep in the room, the switch can't be flipped. Guests should always be given the courtesy of a knock before someone comes into the space they have paid for.

I've had housekeeping walk in on me while I was still in bed before. I just kinda grunted "we're still in here" and they left immediately. Not much of an inconvenience and I never considered needing compensation for that. :confused3
::yes:: It happened to us a few weeks ago and I'm sure it's happened before. I actually felt a little bad that we were holding up their process and since it was getting close to check-out, we just hustled-up and got going. It never once even occurred to me to report it to management. I think I'll contact them now and ask for $10 bucks! ($13.21 CAD). ;)

You are sleeping and then two two men burst into your room where you are in your bed 4 feet away. And it's not a big deal to you? You are very strange.
I'm with the PP above. Consider us both just a big pair of weirdos.
They did not knock. I was not asleep. Compensation is required in this case. That's how the business works. I don't feel ten dollars is enough and I wanted to hear opinions.
Well, now that you've heard them, I presume you've come around?
Seriously! I've been here long enough to know what the Dissidiots would say, but I was curious to know what what the few reasonable posters would contribute. I appreciate their input. I was without internet access for a week so I couldn't begin an exchange with the owner until this week. Thanks for the laughs!
CB Lexicon:
Dissidiots = anybody who disagrees with me
Reasonable Posters = anybody who agrees with me
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::laughing:

Last edited:
I haven’t read all the pages of this thread, but if indeed they burst into the room, it would at the very least startled me, but more likely scared me, especially if I were in the room alone.

I would expect a complimentary breakfast but not anything more.

Best Westerns offer complimentary breakfast every day to guests.

They did not knock. I was not asleep. Compensation is required in this case. That's how the business works. I don't feel ten dollars is enough and I wanted to hear opinions.
You have heard opinions. You just don’t like them.

You’re in a hotel not asleep after 10 am with the Door not double bolted and no DND up. Two guys from housekeeping are talking outside your door. You know they’re there. They come into your room. I would have said “I’m in here” they would leave and life would go on.

No compensation expected. You’re lucky you got $10 off.

Seriously! I've been here long enough to know what the Dissidiots would say, but I was curious to know what what the few reasonable posters would contribute. I appreciate their input. I was without internet access for a week so I couldn't begin an exchange with the owner until this week. Thanks for the laughs!

Then you should have pm'd those very very few reasonable posters that would agree with you because it seems the majority of Disers here don't, and clearly you don't like to have your ego bruised in "public".

Squirlz said:

If it was bothering you so much you could have called the owner.

If it was bothering you so much you could have called the owner.
(S)he's apparently contacted them already - going back for more after taking the $10 discount. The owner is not responding nor would I beyond a brief "we thank you again for bringing this to our attention and apologize for your dissatisfaction".
from a hotel if two male housekeepers burst into your room unannounced while you were in bed? The owner of the Best Western in Corbin KY took $10 off our tab last week. I'm telling him that is not nearly enough and he is not responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter