What are the closest/best grocery stores to BLT?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
Usually when we stay at BCV, I make a run to the winn-dixie down the road from the crossroads, but given this trip we are starting at BLT, just wanted to knwow if anyone had anywhere better and/or closer to suggest?

thanks for the help!

The town car driver gave us a grocery stop at a Publix that was on the way from the airport to BLT. Since it was our first trip, I'm not 100% sure how close it was. Gorgeous store that was empty at 7:00 PM.

They might not be the closest, but in my opinion, they are the best choices...as for someone who lived in FL for years, Winn Dixie is yuck (sorry)...so other options are to go to Publix which is located right near the outlets on Vineland road off 535. Also there is a Walmart on Turkey lake road that is really nice too (take 535 to palm parkway, turn right and head up just past Westgate resort, its on the left). I think there is also a target and walmart somewhere on 535, but I never went there so I am not sure where or even if they have grocery. Also, make sure you stay away from Goodings, they are very overpriced!

We need to shop at whole foods for special dietary items, how close is it to the boardwalk villas.

It is about 15-20 mins up the road. Take 1-4 east to the Sand Lake Road exit (74A I believe). Take a left off the exit and it will be on your left at the corner of Turkey Lake Road in a shopping center. It is a new a beautiful WF!

Because of where BLT is located within WDW property I don't think anything is "close".

We still go out to the Publix on Vineland (used to go to Winn Dixie but learned better). I think there is a Publix towards Windermere if you wanted to venture out that way :confused3 and another out past AK (off 192 ?) but I would expect it to be just as far if not farther.

Because of where BLT is located within WDW property I don't think anything is "close".

We still go out to the Publix on Vineland (used to go to Winn Dixie but learned better). I think there is a Publix towards Windermere if you wanted to venture out that way :confused3 and another out past AK (off 192 ?) but I would expect it to be just as far if not farther.

The Publix near Windermere could be quicker to get to depending on traffic.

The Publix near Windermere could be quicker to get to depending on traffic.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Was thinking of trying it last week when we were down but ended up just going the way we knew.

If we go out the back, should I make a left or right on Reams Road?

Same question but now it is 2014? We are staying at BLT for Christmas and I need to shop before we hit the parks. Is Publix the best or is there something else close by? Thank you for any assistance!
Elizabeth

Publix is def the closest. Ask bell services, they'll give you a map and directions. You turn right out of BLT and see a lot of backstage area. There's also a yummy Italian restaurant near the Publix. It's becoming our first day tradition. I like to get settled in the first day. Then it's all about Disney the rest of our stay.

Publix is def the closest. Ask bell services, they'll give you a map and directions. You turn right out of BLT and see a lot of backstage area. There's also a yummy Italian restaurant near the Publix. It's becoming our first day tradition. I like to get settled in the first day. Then it's all about Disney the rest of our stay.

Name of the Italia restaurant, please? We always go to that Publix via Reams Road when we stay at BLT, nice, new, clean store. Love Publix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter