would be there for 14 days- 12 "real" days, not counting arrival and departure days. If we got a 9 day ticket. Last trip we did morning park, afternoon rest, evening park, next day resort and repeat.
A 9-day ticket allows you to enter the park on 9 different days within a 13-day window of time. It sounds like that should work for you since you also plan multiple resort/non-park days -- 9 days with park entry and 5 days no parks. Whether you spend all day at the park(s) or enter briefly just for dinner, it counts as 1 park day off the ticket.

If you "might" enter the park on your arrival day, you will need to set the ticket "start" date as your arrival day. That means with a 9-day ticket and 14 days total on your trip, the ticket would not extend to your departure day. If you don't enter a park on arrival day, it will not re-set your tickets to start the next day, thus extending the use window to departure day. If you decided you might want that option on departure day, a 10-day ticket which is valid for a full 14-days.

For our iffy maybe trip, what happens if we plan to start November 1 at first park day, but due to whatever, we don’t go into park. How does that affect the tickets? Any problem going into parks the day after?
In December 2020 we bought tickets that started on Friday, and we didn't arrive until Sunday! It worked just fine, because they covered the days through the end of our stay.

Hi everyone! Here's a situation I'd love some insight on.

I was in Disney this past February. We went to the parks with base tickets and first entered the parks on February 18, 2024. On the last day of our trip, we decided we may upgrade to Annual Passes (Sorcerers Passes as we are Disney Vacation Club members). Guest Relations was having MANY problems, as their ticketing system kept going down. The Cast Member seemed a bit frazzled because of this, but was also maybe not super knowledgeable about the Annual Pass system too when it came to the Disney Vacation Club side of things (which is important to this story).

We were initially asking questions about pricing and dates for upgrading our passes prior to deciding whether or not we would do so. I asked the Cast Member when our passes would expire, assuming she would say February 17, 2025. Instead, she said that they would expire on February 18, 2025. I clarified and said, "Do you mean they stop working on February 18, 2025, since we first used our initial tickets on February 18, 2024?" She said, "No, you can enter the parks on February 18, 2025 for the last time." I mentioned how that was weird, but it was kind of like an "extra bonus day" because based on what she was saying, you got the passes for one year + one day. This ultimately convinced us to buy the pass, because my birthday is February 18th and we figured we could get into the parks on February 18, 2025 for another birthday trip (this past year on my birthday, it POURED from park open to park close, so I was hoping for a redo).

Well, I just booked flights yesterday and happened to go into my My Disney Experience app. I took a look at my tickets...and they expire February 17, 2025. I am feeling frustrated because I wouldn't have booked my trip for the dates I did (and maybe wouldn't have even upgraded to an Annual Pass) if I was told they expired on February 17, 2025. I know that the one day difference seems trivial, but my parents also booked their flights to go down and spend my actual birthday in Disney with me....and now it looks like I don't have passes to get into the parks to even be able to do that.

I chatted with someone on the Disney website, but they said I will need to call the Annual Passholder help desk. I won't be able to call until after work and am panicking a bit.

What do you think my chances are of them extending my passes an extra day in this situation?

Hi everyone! Here's a situation I'd love some insight on.

I was in Disney this past February. We went to the parks with base tickets and first entered the parks on February 18, 2024. On the last day of our trip, we decided we may upgrade to Annual Passes (Sorcerers Passes as we are Disney Vacation Club members). Guest Relations was having MANY problems, as their ticketing system kept going down. The Cast Member seemed a bit frazzled because of this, but was also maybe not super knowledgeable about the Annual Pass system too when it came to the Disney Vacation Club side of things (which is important to this story).

We were initially asking questions about pricing and dates for upgrading our passes prior to deciding whether or not we would do so. I asked the Cast Member when our passes would expire, assuming she would say February 17, 2025. Instead, she said that they would expire on February 18, 2025. I clarified and said, "Do you mean they stop working on February 18, 2025, since we first used our initial tickets on February 18, 2024?" She said, "No, you can enter the parks on February 18, 2025 for the last time." I mentioned how that was weird, but it was kind of like an "extra bonus day" because based on what she was saying, you got the passes for one year + one day. This ultimately convinced us to buy the pass, because my birthday is February 18th and we figured we could get into the parks on February 18, 2025 for another birthday trip (this past year on my birthday, it POURED from park open to park close, so I was hoping for a redo).

Well, I just booked flights yesterday and happened to go into my My Disney Experience app. I took a look at my tickets...and they expire February 17, 2025. I am feeling frustrated because I wouldn't have booked my trip for the dates I did (and maybe wouldn't have even upgraded to an Annual Pass) if I was told they expired on February 17, 2025. I know that the one day difference seems trivial, but my parents also booked their flights to go down and spend my actual birthday in Disney with me....and now it looks like I don't have passes to get into the parks to even be able to do that.

I chatted with someone on the Disney website, but they said I will need to call the Annual Passholder help desk. I won't be able to call until after work and am panicking a bit.

What do you think my chances are of them extending my passes an extra day in this situation?
I wonder if the 17th was posted because of this year being a leap year, so if disney's IT says AP is good for 365 days, it is counting this year's feb 29.

...first entered the parks on February 18, 2024. ... they expire February 17, 2025. ...

I think the chances of getting it extended are slim. If you first used your ticket on 2/18/2024 then the correct expiration date is 2/28/2025. I'm sorry you were given incorrect information. Would you possibly renew the AP? After having it for this year maybe you'll decide you want one again (renewal is 15% discount).

In the past (pre-pandemic) new APs were valid for 1 year + 1 day. However when WDW finally brought them back post pandemic, it dropped that extra day on new APs. Renewals have always been just the 1 year.

I think the chances of getting it extended are slim. If you first used your ticket on 2/18/2024 then the correct expiration date is 2/28/2025. I'm sorry you were given incorrect information. Would you possibly renew the AP? After having it for this year maybe you'll decide you want one again (renewal is 15% discount).

In the past (pre-pandemic) new APs were valid for 1 year + 1 day. However when WDW finally brought them back post pandemic, it dropped that extra day on new APs. Renewals have always been just the 1 year.
We are not planning on extending as we are trying to get pregnant this summer.

I purchased conference-priced tickets when attending a conference held at Disney. Due to unexpected events we were not able to use them during the actual conference. However the tickets show an expiry date of Jan 14,2026 to be used.

Is also looks to be transferrable to other people in our friends & family list.
Has anyone ever transferred unused tickets that I purchased through a conference to others (who were not at the conference)? It seems like it is possible to do in MDE but is it allowable?

Hello everyone!

My question is regarding AP's. I want to purchase an AP but I won't start using it until August. Is the day that you purchase an AP the day that the clock starts ticking on it? Or can I ask for it to officially start on a specific date? Hopefully that made sense. Thank you for the help!

Hello everyone!

My question is regarding AP's. I want to purchase an AP but I won't start using it until August. Is the day that you purchase an AP the day that the clock starts ticking on it? Or can I ask for it to officially start on a specific date? Hopefully that made sense. Thank you for the help!
The year doesn’t begin until you enter a park. So you can buy it now. You’ll have a year to begin using it, and it will be valid for admission for a year from that date. if you don’t start using it within a year after you buy it, the amount of money you paid becomes a credit that you can use to buy another AP or a different kind of ticket.

We have an upcoming trip to WDW where we will have just one park day. I've only ever been on multi-day trips before during the time when reservations were required.

With dated tickets, do we have to choose our park? Can it be changed after purchase if we decide we want to do say HS instead of AKL?

We might want to add park hoppers (although the price for one day is killing me!). Does that have to be done at the time of purchase or could we add it on during our park day if we wanted?

DELETED because clearly I didn't know what I was talking about. Apologies to anyone who read what I wrote and was confused.

Last edited:
We have an upcoming trip to WDW where we will have just one park day. I've only ever been on multi-day trips before during the time when reservations were required.

With dated tickets, do we have to choose our park? Can it be changed after purchase if we decide we want to do say HS instead of AKL?

We might want to add park hoppers (although the price for one day is killing me!). Does that have to be done at the time of purchase or could we add it on during our park day if we wanted?

One-day base tickets do require you to choose a park because there is different pricing (with MK being most expensive). If you choose park-hoppers the price is flat and you do not need to select a specific park.

If you purchased a base tickets for DHS and wanted to change that to DAK, you would need to change the ticket -- but since DAK is typically lower priced, I'm not sure you would get any refund of the difference. If you aren't sure which park, maybe buy the least expensive (typically DAK) and then upgrade. Be aware that while I wouldn't expect sales to run out, it is possible. So that kind of puts you right back into the planning which park situation.

You can add hopping day-of, either before entering the first park or at any point that day even after entering the first park. The upgrade price will depend on which park was the base ticket.

One-day base tickets do require you to choose a park because there is different pricing (with MK being most expensive). If you choose park-hoppers the price is flat and you do not need to select a specific park.

If you purchased a base tickets for DHS and wanted to change that to DAK, you would need to change the ticket -- but since DAK is typically lower priced, I'm not sure you would get any refund of the difference. If you aren't sure which park, maybe buy the least expensive (typically DAK) and then upgrade. Be aware that while I wouldn't expect sales to run out, it is possible. So that kind of puts you right back into the planning which park situation.

You can add hopping day-of, either before entering the first park or at any point that day even after entering the first park. The upgrade price will depend on which park was the base ticket.
Thanks for clarifying. I deleted my inaccurate post.

Can anyone check my math for a potential AP upgrade from a ticket purchased from Undercover Tourist? I've read and re-read page one but I'm not certain I'm following correctly.

The UCT ticket was purchased this year for $715. The current price on Disney's website for the same ticket for the same dates is $775. So the "price bridge" would be the difference between those, or $60, unless UCT purchased the ticket they issued us at an earlier date for a cheaper price, in which case it could be more?

An Incredi-pass is currently $1,543 after tax, so our upgrade price would be the price bridge of $60 (or potentially more) + $828 (the difference between what I paid UCT and the full-price of the Incredi-pass). So the upgrade total would = $888? Thanks for any help 🙏

Thanks for the info!

If we bought one-day tickets to AK and then changed our mind and wanted to upgrade to HS would we do that in the app before we head to the park (paying the difference)? Or do you have to do at the gate?

If for some reason we didn't end using our ticket at all, could the value be used for a future purchase?

We only have one day before our cruise and I'm so torn if we want to do a park day, resort day, or try for Typhoon Lagoon. A lot of it may depend on how hot it will be that day.

The current price on Disney's website for the same ticket for the same dates is $775. So the "price bridge" would be the difference

There is no "price bridge" to current pricing -- you need to know the price Disney sold that ticket on the date you purchased from UT. It may be $775, or it may be less. WDW did have a ticket price increase in late February and price adjustments are not announced anymore, often only apparent if someone is watching ticket price for a specific date(s).

Assuming you have the correct ticket value, my math gets the upgrade to AP as $768 ($1543 - $775 = $768).

If we bought one-day tickets to AK and then changed our mind and wanted to upgrade to HS would we do that in the app before we head to the park (paying the difference)? Or do you have to do at the gate?

If for some reason we didn't end using our ticket at all, could the value be used for a future purchase?

You may be able to change the ticket in MDE, or you may need to call or go to a ticket window that morning. Again with the caveat that if a park is determined to be "sold out" it won't be available for sale. I think the only time I've seen that is last month when there was a day park-hopping wasn't allowed to MK, but admittedly I haven't watched it closely.

If you don't use the ticket, yes the value can be used as a credit towards a future ticket purchase. I recommend you make note of the ticket number(s) and value because it will disappear from your view in MDE.

I know that I will likely have at least 3 trips to WDW in 2024 and early 2025, as DD is doing a second stint in the DCP. I already have a 4 day trip booked over labor day, and a week long trip in October, and I will most likely go in January. So an annual pass makes sense. Last time she was in the DCP, I bought a discounted ticket through UC, and then upgraded to an AP after I started using that ticket. Doing that again would save me a small amount, but I'm concerned that I would then need to make park reservations last minute while on that first trip. And it's a holiday weekend. I'm thinking I'm probably better off foregoing the savings and just buying the AP from Disney to start with, so that I can make reservations in advance vs risking not being able to get into the park I want at the last minute. Does that make sense or am I overthinking this?

They are vouchers, not tickets. Disney no longer sells the tickets these vouchers were for, so they are no longer valid as is. Price difference to Sorcerer's is crazy and, since you bought yours earlier than I did, you probably would pay even more! I would have gotten a refund had I not used them in 2023.
I know you were told this last fall. However, I'm not sure that it's accurate, which is really unfortunate because I know you activated vouchers before you were ready to do so. I still believe Gold AP vouchers are eligible to be activated. I recently found this calendar of block-out dates for various older APs, and there would be no reason for this to be updated into May 2025 if the older vouchers are not eligible to be activated and WDW was forcing all of those to be upgraded to new APs.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/calendar/gold-annual-pass/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter