Wet, Sweat, Fun & Sun But You Have HOW Many Snack Credits Left?

I've heard that about the college program and she will have to see for herself if that is still something she wants to do when the time comes but I know that for her just to do it once would be something fun for her just to say she did it. I know things change so who knows if it will happen but at least for now I know she wants to.

Nice updates. LOVE Pecos Bills. Love their topping bar!!

I think for kids that love Disney.....it's worth trying for. It's just good to go in with eyes wide open.

Pecos Bill's was pretty good.....I don't remember any complaints. I believe I had a Mexican style salad that meal.....so I didn't get to taste the burgers. (or even see the topping bar.....lol)

I love your Splash photo, you all look as though you're having loads of fun!

Well believe it or not.......we finally found a ride Jasmin liked!! She wasn't a fan of most of them......but even with the huge drop......she liked this one....go figure?!!

I agree with Jo. When I went in 2009, it was pouring rain and we were all soaked :sad2: I love Test Track! It brought back memories of my senior prom (remember, it was at a car museum and I was prom queen then). :car: I love the land boat ride and Anthony's everest shirt is hilarious :rotfl2: Tink pics are cute as are all the pics

I hate getting soaked.....I hate walking around wet.....my biggest complaint of doing the water rides. Test Track is fun but it no way compares to Radiator Springs Racers in Disney California Adventure Park.

I do remember your prom and you winning!!! princess:

He wears the Expedition Everest shirt all the time!

Mickey's Philharmagic was our next stop.

It was time for our next FP+.......Seven Dwarf's Mine Train.

Here are the Photopass pictures.....it's really cool.....you also get short video's too!!

I LOVE this ride.....so fun!! Derek ended up sitting it out to stay with Jasmin. He could have rode it and one of us wait to ride it with him, but he chose to just not ride.

Our third FP+ was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. These pictures are as we traveled that direction.

We waited in the wheelchair line to be taken in. Once inside, we went to get Michayla's crocs so she could put them on and only had one. She had them on when we got off the Mine Train and we put them in the basket under her seat but only one was there. We panicked......I let the CM know that we had lost one of her shoes and she said just to carry her to the train and off and they wouldn't worry about it. (this time). We were still freaking out on where is it? On the ground between BTMRR & the Mine Train.....at the exit of the Mine Train?? I tried to not worry about it so we could enjoy our last ride on the BTMRR (which is my favorite ride at Disneyland).

After the ride, we headed back the path we came to see if we could find the shoe. Mike took more pictures.

We made it all the way back to the Mine Train and we checked with the CM's at the entrance to see if it had been turned in. They radioed back to the loading/unloading CM's to see if they had seen it & they had it!! One of them brought it out to us. It must have fallen out when being put in the small basket on her chair. So thankful it was found!!

We found some shade and water and tried to cool everyone off. I remember it being quite warm....maybe one of our warmest days in the parks. Shy wasn't looking good at all and our next thing was watching the afternoon parade. Derek said that Gaston's Tavern was nice and cool and not too noisy.....so he & Tony took Shy to let her rest in the air conditioning. Mike & I took the rest of the girls towards Main Street and the castle so we could watch the Festival of Fantasy parade. We stopped to do Photopass pictures.

Mike got these.

We continued to find a place to watch the parade from & there was an area roped off for wheelchairs, so we found us a spot in that section (that was near the castle & Partner's Statue). We heard the announcements that the parade was getting ready to start and eventually could hear it coming. Then we heard the same music over and over and over and look behind us towards Liberty Square to see the parade there but not moving. The dancers were still dancing.....but after about 10 minutes, they moved closer to the float and stopped dancing. As I had mentioned.....it was super hot that afternoon, we were all drenched in sweat from just standing out in the sun waiting.......after about 15 minutes of it being stalled. I finally said forget it! Let's go....these kids need out of the sun and heat! I was super disappointed that we didn't get to see the parade but I wasn't going to give the entire family heat stroke in the chance they got the parade going again. (I never did hear if it was able to finish it's course or if it was cancelled......I'm guessing they would kinda have to continue on, even if it was with a tow truck cause they would need to get it off the pathways.....lol).

We headed up to Gaston's Tavern to join Derek, Anthony & Shy. They found a comfy spot in the corner by the fireplace and Shy was napping. We were able to find enough little stools so we could all sit down and cool off.

Are they ready to take on Gaston??

More of the interior of Gaston's.

The icy cold LeFou's Brew. We got a couple of them to share.

Outside........

We left Gaston's Tavern area and went down to the Beast's Castle to check in for our dinner reservation at Be Our Guest. We were in the first seatings for dinner. We were given a pager and told to wait on the bridge or the area by the doors of the castle. Mike took pictures as we waited to be paged.

Poor Shy, she really has had enough of the heat and throwing up......my sweet girl :(

Since dinner service opened at 4pm, a group of host/hostesses came out and pagers started going off. We were buzzed and led inside. When Mike & I went with Derek in 2013, we were seated in the ballroom right by the windows (snow!). This time we were seated in the Music Box room.....which worked out nicely, as it was much quieter and just a couple other families. It was almost like having the place to ourselves!

Mike passed by the Dessert Cart.....oh goodness me!! YUM!

More of the Music Box Room in Be Our Guest.

Shy spent most of the meal on my lap. She said she was hungry & ordered her food....but she didn't touch a bite of it.

Bring on the food!!

2 people had the Pan Seared Chicken Breast:

2 people had the Braised Pork:

Grilled Strip Steak:

Pan Seared Salmon on Leek Fondue:

Shy's grilled cheese on gluten free roll with grapes:

The 4 sides of the Music Box.

Addy was fascinated with the rose napkins.....our little browned eyed spanish girl.

DESSERT!!!!!

Chocolate Cream Puff:

The Grey Stuff:

Lemon Meringue Cupcake:

Chocolate Eclair:

Triple Chocolate Cupcake:

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake:

After dinner, we were able to go look in the Beast's West Wing and Ballroom before heading to see the Beast for pictures.

We went to do the meet-n-greet with the Beast. You do this at the end of your meal before exiting the restaurant.

Here are the Photopass pictures.

Dinner was so good from beginning to end.....just sad that Shy was too sick to enjoy any of it.

great pictures from BOG! I'd love to try here on our next trip, but I have a couple of picky eaters! :(

Love the update!! I LOVE Mickey's Philharmagic and always something I look forward to since we don't have it. And SDMT and new Fantasyland are one of the things I was REALLY looking forward to. I have waited SO long to see the new stuff since we were last there. I am really ok with having to cancel and excited about our southern trip but I will admit seeing that stuff does make me sad. Sometimes I wonder if I will EVER get to see it. :( The only thing I keep reminding myself is that hopefully by the time we DO finally get back that we will be able to go at a slower time and actually have the time to see and enjoy all the new stuff as well as the old without worrying about not getting in because of the crowds. I don't know if there is ever truly a "down" time anymore but I know there are def times that are better than others so that gives me hope that when we finally go make it back we will be able to see and do everything. I am also glad in a way that some of the stuff that is not done yet will hopefully be done by the time we go as well.

LOVE the pics of SDMT and esp BOG. Two things I am really looking forward to and so grateful to have such detailed pics. I think we will try to do dinner at BOG if we go instead of lunch which is what I had planned only because I think the food is prob better and I hope to be able to look around as you did and see everything.

I'm on spring break and have read your entire report so far! Looks like you had an amazing trip! Love seeing the awesome pictures, especially those that capture the awesome character interactions!

great pictures from BOG! I'd love to try here on our next trip, but I have a couple of picky eaters! :(

The kids menu is pretty similar to other sit down restaurants and they always can "put something together" for them. This was one of our favorite meals!!

Love the update!! I LOVE Mickey's Philharmagic and always something I look forward to since we don't have it. And SDMT and new Fantasyland are one of the things I was REALLY looking forward to. I have waited SO long to see the new stuff since we were last there. I am really ok with having to cancel and excited about our southern trip but I will admit seeing that stuff does make me sad. Sometimes I wonder if I will EVER get to see it. :( The only thing I keep reminding myself is that hopefully by the time we DO finally get back that we will be able to go at a slower time and actually have the time to see and enjoy all the new stuff as well as the old without worrying about not getting in because of the crowds. I don't know if there is ever truly a "down" time anymore but I know there are def times that are better than others so that gives me hope that when we finally go make it back we will be able to see and do everything. I am also glad in a way that some of the stuff that is not done yet will hopefully be done by the time we go as well.

LOVE the pics of SDMT and esp BOG. Two things I am really looking forward to and so grateful to have such detailed pics. I think we will try to do dinner at BOG if we go instead of lunch which is what I had planned only because I think the food is prob better and I hope to be able to look around as you did and see everything.

I think WDW may have more down times than Disneyland. I don't think DL has those anymore........

We've done the dinner twice and not really interested in the 2 quick service meals here. I want the whole experience when I go. :)

I'm on spring break and have read your entire report so far! Looks like you had an amazing trip! Love seeing the awesome pictures, especially those that capture the awesome character interactions!

Welcome!! Got in before my last installment!! The trip was full of wonderful memories and most of the character interactions were magical!

Well all good things must come to an end & this is it.......last update!

After dinner, we wanted to get Michayla on the Winnie the Pooh ride, one last time.....unfortunately, Shyann was not feeling it, so Derek went to take Shy back to the resort as we did the last ride of our trip and last minute shopping on Main Street. Michayla knew where we were and was excited to ride!! We got some last minute *+*+*Magic*+*+*......after going on the ride and we got back to the unloading area, the CM asked if she would like to ride it again (you could see the joy on Michayla's face) and we said yes!! We got to go through twice in a row!! What an awesome way to end our last day!!

We did one last Photopass stop before heading down Main Street.

We stopped at the Candy Shop to use some of our snack credits. We hadn't been using them like we should have (I think we had only used the 12 at Karmel Kuche). So with Michayla's unused quick service meals plus the unused snack credits.....we had like 88 to still use up. (not to mention, we weren't sure if we'd get to use any of Michayla's table service credits towards anything........)

While I finished checking out, Mike got these last shots of Main Street.

It was time to say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom........until we can return.....thank you for the memories!! We headed out to the bus to head back to our resort.

We got back to the resort and I gathered the dirty laundry & got it started. Went back to the rooms to start packing everything up. Ran back & forth from the room and the laundry room until I had it all done. Derek & I also went to the food court to start using up the remainder of snack credits. She asked her manager about our unused table service and we were able to use it for snacks as well. We gathered cookies, brownies, popcorn, individual cereals, a few fresh fruits (to take on plane), suckers, rock candy, candy bags......... I'm sure people thought we had lost our minds!! I will show you a picture of the majority of the haul later in this post. I finished up packing, got everything laid out for the morning, kids to bed......and then realized I had no idea where our Magical Express paperwork had gone.
Mike & I dug thru packed suitcases but couldn't find it. We decided to just wait until morning and hopefully the front desk could help us out.

We were up early......I ran to front desk and they were able to reprint our Magical Express paperwork. We dragged our luggage up to be checked and then waited for the bus to arrive. Everyone had grabbed a little snack (the adults ate the Zebra Domes we had picked up at the AKL) to hold them over. The bus arrived and got Michayla loaded and then everyone else was able to get on the bus.

One of Shy's favorite toys from the trip!!

Made it to the airport and tried to figure out where to find our TSA assistant, like we got in Portland. I asked at the Southwest Desk, we asked at the Information Desk and finally just decided to head to the security check area and found an agent to explain we were supposed to get assistance to get the kids thru. They didn't know anything about that but did make some radio calls. As we waited in the line, an agent came & found us and asked what exactly we were looking for. I explained that we had prearranged with TSA to get additional help to get the kids thru the line quickly to help avoid anxiety & meltdowns. So she was able to wait with us until we got up where you pick a line to put your stuff on the belt & then she had everyone take a different line (then we were in). She helped us get all our carry-on stuff on the belt and then pushed Michayla through to a small corralled area to wait for the rest of us. We gathered our stuff & she looked at Michayla's formula and the meds we had and asked if we needed anything else. We said no & thanked her. She was very friendly, but obviously, this was a new thing for them. At Portland, they took us from curbside through the whole process and we never waited in any of the security lines. We basically did the "fastpass" thing. The kids did fine and we were able to get the kids McDonald's before heading to our gate.

At the gate we checked in to get our pre-boarding passes and then waited until it was time. We flew into Kansas City and had just a few minutes to get off our flight, find our new gate and get in line to pre-board. I grabbed a soda at the gift shop and it ran me over $5!! For a bottle of Coke!! I let him know he was ripping people off because they didn't have choices at this airport. I wasn't happy......well the mood continued when I received a call while we were getting ready to load. The security at the hotel we stayed at in Portland and left our car with, was letting me know that the car had been broken in to overnight and they broke out the driver's door window. Then he said I needed to speak with the manager, who informed me that we didn't pay for the long stay parking. I said, I made the reservation under the Park & Stay, reminded the gal checking us in of that, asked where we were supposed to park and was given a parking pass with the dates it would be there. She said, you don't really think you could stay here & park that cheaply did you? I said, I hadn't looked at my bank account to see what we were charged yet. She said we still owed for the parking and would be charged. (my account we used wouldn't cover the fees, but didn't tell her that).

We loaded the plane for the last leg of the trip to Portland. We got in and gathered our luggage to wait for the hotel shuttle. I got to the hotel & spoke with the manager. She told me that the card didn't run for the charges and would just write them off. I told her she probably should teach the clerk that checked us in, how to do that (she was new and asking lots of questions when we checked in). It wasn't my fault she did it wrong. I had said it over & over during the process of checking in AND when I made the reservation months prior. I also thanked them for protecting our vehicle (which was out their front doors under the street light). We left, swearing off Shilo Inn~Airport forever.........

Tyler had drove up with our SUV and we loaded up between the 2 vehicles with all our luggage to head home. We made a quick dinner stop and then made it home.........HOME SWEET HOME!!

These are the majority of the snacks we ended up with.......the perishable fruits & some cereals, chips and candy were eaten on the plane since we didn't have time for a lunch at the KC Airport.

Wrapping things up:

The good far outweighed the bad.
The memories will last forever!
The smiles and joy we shared is what gets us through all the hard days.
Pop Century Resort, pool-side is awesome!!
The Food Court at Pop was pretty good....timing when people order at different counters is frustrating and it can be slow....especially special dietary orders.
The Pop Century Hippy Dippy Pool was a lot of fun for all of us.
We enjoyed trying out all the different modes of transportation: Buses, boats, & monorails.
We enjoyed seeing all the different resorts: Pop, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian Resort, Polynesian Resort, Yacht & Beach Club, Old Key West, Port Orleans-Riverside (I think that covers all of them)
We enjoyed our table service meals.....great food, great themeing & usually great service......some were long meals, but we were treated very good.
The quick service meals we had were also good....some better than others.
We loved having the Dining Plan.....even if Michayla's credits didn't get used for actual meals.
We loved our time at the 4 parks. Magic Kingdom was our favorite, followed by EPCOT. Animal Kingdom would have scored high.....if the weather could have held out to give us 1 day without the torrential downpour.......Hollywood Studios was meh.....too many things closed, and the rain hit in the afternoon to ruin our one shot at the Indy Stunt Show.
Favorite Meal~~Be Our Guest Dinner
Favorite Character Meal~~Crystal Palace with Pooh & Friends
Favorite Quick Service~~Mara at AKL
Favorite Ride~~Seven Dwarf's Mine Train
Favorite Transportation~~Boat Ride down the Sassagoula River from OKW to Disney Springs

Sure, it was a hard trip for Shyann.....but even she asks when we get to go again.
Trust me......it won't be SUMMER TIME!! lol

Thank You Every Single One of You that followed along, commented or just looked.......

I hope our trip with kids with autism, global developmental delays, g-tube fed, anxiety, PTSD, & ADHD helped at least one family to realize, you CAN do this trip!!! There is so much magic and the kids really do light up. It will melt your heart experiencing it with them!!

Hopefully the pictures, helped you decide on places to stay, places to visit and places to eat. We love taking pictures and sharing them.

This ends my 11 night adventure in WDW.

I'm behind again! Just have a min as it's lunch at work but want to leave some comments :)

Loved the pics from Garden Grill- this seems like such a nice character meal

Aww the girls in their princess dresses :love: you got some nice family pictures on that day as well!

We enjoyed BOG also (well we had breakfast- but enjoyed the ambiance) it's such a fun restaurant- I giggled over the "rose" love- so cute!

AND finally! I've been waiting for "The Number" for this whole report! 88 wowzas! Love all the treats you had to bring home- I bet you enjoyed some of them for a long time!

Can't wait for your next report- Diva time?

AMAZING REPORT!!!! LOVED ALL OF IT!!!!

Thank You!!

I'm behind again! Just have a min as it's lunch at work but want to leave some comments :)

Loved the pics from Garden Grill- this seems like such a nice character meal

Aww the girls in their princess dresses :love: you got some nice family pictures on that day as well!

We enjoyed BOG also (well we had breakfast- but enjoyed the ambiance) it's such a fun restaurant- I giggled over the "rose" love- so cute!

AND finally! I've been waiting for "The Number" for this whole report! 88 wowzas! Love all the treats you had to bring home- I bet you enjoyed some of them for a long time!

Can't wait for your next report- Diva time?

Garden Grill was a nice relaxing character meal with good food.

Love BOG!

88 + Michayla's meals were converted to 3 per meal......which would have given us another 33. I'm pretty sure we finally just gave up and said, enough's enough. The snacks took up a suitcase all to itself....it was crazy!! We still had some of the candy in the pantry a few weeks ago. I'm think they may have finally finished it......lol

Yes, as soon as I start my Anniversary/Diva trip to Disneyland....I will post the link here!! Should be soon! :)

BRAVO! BRAVO! Amazing trip report! I felt like I was right there with you!
See ya real soon!

Nice finish to a great trip!! WOW that was a lot of snacks LOL. We have only done the dinning plan once but we went during food and wine and had NO problem using all our credits LOL.

I agree with you on the summer and that is yet another reason I am not that upset that we had to cancel. I think for me the biggest part is just getting so close and not going since it has been so long and esp not knowing WHEN we will get back. If I knew that we were DEF going at a certain point I think it would be different but between the girls being in HS and not really able to miss during the year and the other big trips we hope to do over the next few years it just is going to have to wait. But the first trip we went was in May and it was hot THEN so I knew this was going to be bad not to mention the constant rain that time of year and crowds which is one thing we NEVER experienced. We were lucky in that we always went during down times.

I agree too that there ARE some downtimes and we will prob try to go either in Oct or the week before thanksgiving again. To do food and wine and hopefully escape some of the crowds.

I am always sad when your trips end but looking forward to your diva report but sad that you won't have another one for a bit. I always LOVE reading your reports. You guys always take such great pics and your reports are so detailed. It really is exciting to read along and experience it with you!

So sorry for the nightmares at the end with your car and I hope you have some fun adventures planned for this summer!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter