Wet, Sweat, Fun & Sun But You Have HOW Many Snack Credits Left?

Just before Illuminations was supposed to start, it started to sprinkle lightly. Part of the reason we had ducked into The Land and spent as much time there as we did, was because it had poured all afternoon. We had hoped that it was out of it's system and the evening would be dry. We used our Dollar Tree poncho's and covered Michayla and Shyann as good as we could. The sprinkle didn't last super long....thank goodness!!

Here are the pictures from Illuminations.

So over by Germany ended up being a good spot....not many people, so no crowding! We let the large masses of people heading out to go as we waited. Didn't feel like being pushed along. We were able to take a nice walk back to Future World and out to the bus stop. So glad Shy was feeling better and able to come back.....it was nice ending the night with the show all together!!

Nice update. I agree I love LWTL boat ride. So peaceful and relaxing esp if it is hot. We have eaten at Sunshine Seasons but never Garden Grill. Food looked amazing and I like the idea of the revolving restaurant. I just wish it wasn't a character meal because that elevates the price. I would love to eat there sometime. Loved your illumination pics as well and hope to see that again someday.

I am assuming you are going to finish this before you start a report about the diva trip correct? And when you do are you going to do a link on here? I would just love to read it and didn't want to miss it ;)

Nice update. I agree I love LWTL boat ride. So peaceful and relaxing esp if it is hot. We have eaten at Sunshine Seasons but never Garden Grill. Food looked amazing and I like the idea of the revolving restaurant. I just wish it wasn't a character meal because that elevates the price. I would love to eat there sometime. Loved your illumination pics as well and hope to see that again someday.

I am assuming you are going to finish this before you start a report about the diva trip correct? And when you do are you going to do a link on here? I would just love to read it and didn't want to miss it ;)

This was a nice, quiet character meal. I think the set up adds to that. None of that crazy dancing and kids running wild.

You are correct.....I won't start the Disneyland report until I finish this one. I have our last Magic Kingdom day and then notes about our trip home.

Waiting for the next installment, now that we're all caught up.

Yay!! I'm gonna get going on it right now!!

Today is our last day and we will be spending it at the Magic Kingdom. Mike took a picture of a picture in our rooms while we finished getting ready to go.

We took the bus to Magic Kingdom and started by seeing Tinker Bell on our first FP+ for the day. This was at the tunnel to Main Street.

With the wheelchair, we kinda had to go around a different way to enter.....or at least we thought it was not the main entrance. I could be wrong.....lol

Inside.......

These are the Photopass pictures from our time with Tink. (Michayla had to stay in her chair or put shoes on......absolutely no way around that rule with this gal) I understand there are rules....but CM's were letting her on rides without shoes on.....this was just a character meet.....lol

A few more from Mike's camera as we finished up with our time with Tink.

We headed up Main Street and stopped for these Photopass pictures.

Mike got these pictures from Main Street as well.

We went to Adventureland next.

Our next stop was at Sunshine Tree Terrace for a Citrus Swirl.

I love your trip report! I love the attention to detail! I'm lucky if I remember what I did YESTERDAY! :D

I love your trip report! I love the attention to detail! I'm lucky if I remember what I did YESTERDAY! :D

I write stuff down.....I keep notes as we go along....otherwise I wouldn't remember things. Luckily if my notes aren't good, Mike takes a ton of pictures, so we always have a pictorial journal to reference too.

Love the update. The girls went and saw Tinkerbell in 08 but I am thinking it was back in the old toon town area that is no longer there. I honestly don't remember but I know she had JUST came out back then and it was a big deal and we made a beeline back there to see her. I am sure it has changed since then and I feel like I don't even recognize the place. I know they have made changes around the castle and of course new fantasyland wasn't there yet. Now it is going to be so long before we get back I REALLY won't recognize it LOL. The ONLY good thing is we don't get to go very often so hopefully by the time we DO go the Avatarland will be done. I know and hope we won't be gone so long till the new Star Wars stuff is done but since we can't go I hope to at least wait till Avatar is done. Am anxious to see that.

I think if Shelby does get to do the college program we may even try and go twice while she is there just to take advantage but who know that is a long way away LOL.

Glad to know I am not missing the diva report and no worries. NO rush just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it ;)

I love reading your reports so much and all your pics. Esp since we can't go for a long time it is so fun to read along with you guys!!!

I was just reading today that they are doing Food and Wine in DCA again. They did it back in 08 and the very first diva trip they went for that. Then they changed it the next year which was our first trip. By 11 they were thinking about food and wine again but then they cancelled it to do Carsland and I think this is the first year it is coming back.

I told my mom we HAVE to go. I know it won't be nearly as good as Epcot but I would still love to go. We can't go this year obviously but Shelby will be turning 16 in April of 17 so I told my mom that would be perfect. If it stays the same it is every weekend during the month of April and Shelby has always wanted to go on her birthday. I have been a few times on mine and so has katy and mom's is almost always during the diva trip but because her's is end of April it was never a good time to go. So eventhough it is a year away we are going to try and make it happen.

So now I have August and hopefully next April to look forward to and then the diva trip in 18. Always good to have Disney trips in the plans!!!

Love the update. The girls went and saw Tinkerbell in 08 but I am thinking it was back in the old toon town area that is no longer there. I honestly don't remember but I know she had JUST came out back then and it was a big deal and we made a beeline back there to see her. I am sure it has changed since then and I feel like I don't even recognize the place. I know they have made changes around the castle and of course new fantasyland wasn't there yet. Now it is going to be so long before we get back I REALLY won't recognize it LOL. The ONLY good thing is we don't get to go very often so hopefully by the time we DO go the Avatarland will be done. I know and hope we won't be gone so long till the new Star Wars stuff is done but since we can't go I hope to at least wait till Avatar is done. Am anxious to see that.

I think if Shelby does get to do the college program we may even try and go twice while she is there just to take advantage but who know that is a long way away LOL.

Glad to know I am not missing the diva report and no worries. NO rush just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it ;)

I love reading your reports so much and all your pics. Esp since we can't go for a long time it is so fun to read along with you guys!!!

I was just reading today that they are doing Food and Wine in DCA again. They did it back in 08 and the very first diva trip they went for that. Then they changed it the next year which was our first trip. By 11 they were thinking about food and wine again but then they cancelled it to do Carsland and I think this is the first year it is coming back.

I told my mom we HAVE to go. I know it won't be nearly as good as Epcot but I would still love to go. We can't go this year obviously but Shelby will be turning 16 in April of 17 so I told my mom that would be perfect. If it stays the same it is every weekend during the month of April and Shelby has always wanted to go on her birthday. I have been a few times on mine and so has katy and mom's is almost always during the diva trip but because her's is end of April it was never a good time to go. So eventhough it is a year away we are going to try and make it happen.

So now I have August and hopefully next April to look forward to and then the diva trip in 18. Always good to have Disney trips in the plans!!!

I saw that on the Food & Wine, but what I've seen on it.....it doesn't seem like they are doing much. It would be neat if it turned into a big thing like at Epcot. That was so much fun!

Is Shelby considering the college program?

Yea I don't think they ever did TONS and it is certainly nothing like the one in Epcot. I don't know how long they did it before but I know the very first Diva trip the gals did it and they seemed to enjoy it. I am not sure how many food "booths" or whatever they have but doing the celebrity chef thing sounded fun and Katy loves cooking etc so that would be fun. I don't know if it will EVER get as big as Epcot because they just don't have the room either but even if worse case they don't do it at all I think we will take her for her birthday just because she has always wanted to and since we took Katy to SF for her 16th we have to do something fun for shelby.

And yes Shelby is really interested but she is only a freshman soon to be a sophomore so it will be awhile. I wish Katy was interested but she thinks she needs to get her degree and get working asap and I keep telling her that if I am willing to let her live at home and take her time to get her degree she should enjoy it. But that is how she is LOL.

Shelby def wants to do it though so when it gets closer I will def ask you lots of questions!!

After our citrus swirls, we went to get a return time for the Jungle Cruise. There was one person in the wheelchair line, so they had us just wait. We didn't wait longer than 10 minutes before we were loaded onto the boat. These were as we waited our turn.

These are from the boat.

Yea I don't think they ever did TONS and it is certainly nothing like the one in Epcot. I don't know how long they did it before but I know the very first Diva trip the gals did it and they seemed to enjoy it. I am not sure how many food "booths" or whatever they have but doing the celebrity chef thing sounded fun and Katy loves cooking etc so that would be fun. I don't know if it will EVER get as big as Epcot because they just don't have the room either but even if worse case they don't do it at all I think we will take her for her birthday just because she has always wanted to and since we took Katy to SF for her 16th we have to do something fun for shelby.

And yes Shelby is really interested but she is only a freshman soon to be a sophomore so it will be awhile. I wish Katy was interested but she thinks she needs to get her degree and get working asap and I keep telling her that if I am willing to let her live at home and take her time to get her degree she should enjoy it. But that is how she is LOL.

Shelby def wants to do it though so when it gets closer I will def ask you lots of questions!!

Well Derek explains the program as Disney's way for cheap labor. Long hours, work every holiday and have no money to show for all the hard work.....but still a good experience......as long as you are going in with eyes wide open. He may still do another round of it.....to use it as a stepping stone to stay down there. At least this time he is thinking this through. He's going to try and save up to get into a good vehicle that can haul his stuff to Florida. He would want to drive and take his stuff so he could then look into housing after the program ends and he'd already have what he needs down there. We will see.

More of the Jungle Cruise.

The back side of water!

Shyann after the ride.

These are as we wandered through Adventureland.

We wandered through Frontierland as we headed to Splash Mountain to get a DAS return time.

Since we had time before our Splash return time, we used the time to go back to Peco's Bills for lunch.

Michayla

Addy

Shyann

Jasmin

Our tray of drinks and desserts.

Lunch!

Dessert

Random pics during lunch.

Time to head back to Splash.....but here are a few pics of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!!

Now over to Splash Mountain.

On ride!!

More on Splash Mountain.

We went to the photo shop at the end of the ride to make sure our Photopass picture synced with my MagicBand.

Here's our Photopass picture.

After our ride, we went towards the Haunted Mansion, so we could stop in at the gift shop to pick Tyler up some HM gifts. Mike took these as we were headed that way.

The kids found shade!

I've heard that about the college program and she will have to see for herself if that is still something she wants to do when the time comes but I know that for her just to do it once would be something fun for her just to say she did it. I know things change so who knows if it will happen but at least for now I know she wants to.

Nice updates. LOVE Pecos Bills. Love their topping bar!!

I agree with Jo. When I went in 2009, it was pouring rain and we were all soaked :sad2: I love Test Track! It brought back memories of my senior prom (remember, it was at a car museum and I was prom queen then). :car: I love the land boat ride and Anthony's everest shirt is hilarious :rotfl2: Tink pics are cute as are all the pics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter