We're Sailing to....Disneyland? Lots of Pics! GANGSTA KINGDOM 8/31

Your hotel navigation on the way to the hotel sounds just like me!

Donald looks so happy at the golphin show!

I'm so sad for the giraffes and camel. Poor things.

Your hotel navigation on the way to the hotel sounds just like me!

Donald looks so happy at the golphin show!

I'm so sad for the giraffes and camel. Poor things.

Hi Lynne, Thanks for checking in. It was fun to see the kids have so much fun there - the dolphins splashed a guy from the audienced really good, and Donald really thought it was funny! :rotfl:

I really don't like how the animals are cared for there. :sad2:

We wnt to that DK a year and a half ago - it was actually a school field trip for my DS's 3rd grade end-of-the-year trip. While it was fun and there were great things about it, there were also not-so-wonderful things about it and I doubt we'll do it again except for when it's DD's turn for her 3rd grade class to go (this school year).

Awesome TR - I love how you included so many pics!

We wnt to that DK a year and a half ago - it was actually a school field trip for my DS's 3rd grade end-of-the-year trip. While it was fun and there were great things about it, there were also not-so-wonderful things about it and I doubt we'll do it again except for when it's DD's turn for her 3rd grade class to go (this school year).

Awesome TR - I love how you included so many pics!

Thanks so much! I think it would have been best for us to go there before Disney - then it wouldn't have been so anti-climactic - there were some good things about DK.:goodvibes Thank you for reading!

When we left off, we were feeling sorry for the animals, and Donald was learning to like the kiddie rides.

Now, I do want to clarify - I have made a few comments about the crowd at DK. During the early part of the day, most of the crowd were normal families with children enjoying the day. It was later that was scarey.

So on with the tour~ We found a cute little jeep ride, complete with mascots:

100_2015.jpg

100_2017.jpg

100_2019.jpg

Both the kids enjoyed this ride - Donald talked about it for days after....

We made it around the next bend, and saw the elephant show from a distance.

July08Vacation98.jpg

We headed to the front of the park and did a little shopping - got a Superman cape for Donald.

It was getting hot, so we decided to check out the roller coaster section and see if Goofy and Tink wanted to ride. They pushed the stroller up ahead, and Jiminy and I stopped to fill up the refillable sports bottle for the 5th time that day. :thumbsup2 As we started to follow them, we saw that the Beach Boys had caught disco fever:

100_2022.jpg

They were so flattered by my seeming interest in them, they were waving and posing and throwing their hair back - I had a hard time not busting out laughing! :lmao:

Goofy and Tink had stopped at a rather large fast trap of death, and decided they wanted to ride some rides - we decided to take the babies back to the hotel to cool off and take a nap.

Here's where it got scarey - we had noticed a much seedier crowd -( lots of "harley wear" and piercings and tatoos - I mean of the over the top sort - lots of Goth and T-shirts with Gothic writing and gang colors :confused3 ) - increasing as the day wore on. It was now about 3pm. So anyway, as we headed back past the Beach Boys, we started noticing hordes of security guards rushing past us in the direction of Goofy and Tink - okay, my "momdar" went up -

1. What did they do already? :rotfl2:

2. OMG! What happened - my kids are back there!:scared1:

3. Okay, I don't hear any guns, so I guess they can take care of themselves :confused3

4. It's time to get these babies out of this park!!!!!!!

So we headed over to the hotel - they were both asleep by the time we got to the lobby - and put them to bed. Grandma and Papa took a nap, too - grandparents do that.

Goofy and Tink came back about 6pm to report that they weren't sure what the ruckus was about, but when they were near the front of the line one coaster, some real life gangsters decided that the place they wanted in line was right in front of Tink. They just pushed in front of Goofy and Tink and stared them down with a "don't say anything or I'll knife yah!" kind of 'tude. :eek:

This must be a problem, as there were signs posted that cutting in line would result in immediate expulsion from the park. Wouldn't you like to be the person who complained :rolleyes1 or the security guard who tried to enforce it. pirate:

So they rode one more coaster after that, and then decided that the crowd was mostly gangsta and they hadn't brought their gangsta costumes, so they left.

Next: Oh Say Can You See....

Ha! Poor Disco Beach Boys! Too funny :lmao:

Sorry you guys were hassled by the Insane Idiot Clown Posse. Well, the "idiot" was my addition but STILL! That stinks. That is something I do NOT miss about California. When we were at Universal Studio's last Xmas we were caught up in a mild scuffle upon the release of a R&B/Rap concert at the Downtown Universal Studio's area. It was scary. You never have any idea what they have/will use and you're just caught up in the middle of it. I hate having the kids so vulnerable.

It's not like it couldn't happen here in (most areas of) Portland but it also isn't nearly as common or likely. :hippie:

Looks like Donald enjoys the train rides! Next time he's in your neck of the woods you have to take him to Train Mountain near Chiliquin! I used to take the girls there almost every weekend!

I remember DK a LONG time ago...before it was DK. We got to ride a Camel and a Giraffe... that was before insurance woe's, most likely.

Do you remember Lion Country Safari? I barely do... but I think it was kinda like the Safari Drive through place in Roseburg.

Have you been to the Safari place in Bandon??? It is my all time favorite animal place EVER, EVER, EVER! I have pics of the girls bottle feeding baby Tigers.... Yup! Good stuff.

Travelmel <----- going offline :tiptoe:

Ha! Poor Disco Beach Boys! Too funny :lmao:

Sorry you guys were hassled by the Insane Idiot Clown Posse. Well, the "idiot" was my addition but STILL! That stinks. That is something I do NOT miss about California. When we were at Universal Studio's last Xmas we were caught up in a mild scuffle upon the release of a R&B/Rap concert at the Downtown Universal Studio's area. It was scary. You never have any idea what they have/will use and you're just caught up in the middle of it. I hate having the kids so vulnerable.

It's not like it couldn't happen here in (most areas of) Portland but it also isn't nearly as common or likely. :hippie:

Looks like Donald enjoys the train rides! Next time he's in your neck of the woods you have to take him to Train Mountain near Chiliquin! I used to take the girls there almost every weekend!

I remember DK a LONG time ago...before it was DK. We got to ride a Camel and a Giraffe... that was before insurance woe's, most likely.

Do you remember Lion Country Safari? I barely do... but I think it was kinda like the Safari Drive through place in Roseburg.

Have you been to the Safari place in Bandon??? It is my all time favorite animal place EVER, EVER, EVER! I have pics of the girls bottle feeding baby Tigers.... Yup! Good stuff.

Travelmel <----- going offline :tiptoe:

Hi! I guess we get so sheltered here in So. Oregon. When we are in Anaheim, Jim's uncle does a good job of choosing neighborhoods and times - although we do go to US and the Dodgers games quite often, but we're pretty careful.

Thanks for the reminder about the Chiloquin place! We'll have to catch that one this Fall if it's still open. Actually Goofy and family live with us while Goofy and Tink finish their Masters in teaching.

I was at that wildlife park near Bandon when DH and I were dating. I fed a baby Cheetah a bottle! I'm glad it's still there. There is a place near Roseburg - we've never been - it's called Wildlife Safari now - it's a drive thru and people really like it. Thanks for the reminders of what we have in our own back yard. How is the Portland Zoo? We were there about 12 yrs ago with the boys.

I was California native and had lived their ALL my life so I had major culture shock when I moved here to Oregon 10 yrs ago. Being the park/disney/fun freak that I am I immediately sought to find ANYTHING in this state that I could relate to in terms of all the big stuff we have in California.

What I find is that California's version are usually more run down, more expensive, and more crowded then what we have up here. I have learned to love this state for all those reasons.

The animal parks are my favorite up here... the fact that there was not even ONE amusement park totally blew me away. I drove 5 hours to Portland to go to the Oaks Park (I wasn't on the internet back then or I would have known better) WHAT A JOKE!!!! It's basically a permanent carnival!! OMG I had no idea how spoiled I was when it came to amusement parks (PARK SNOB! :snooty: ) in cali.

There is another place in Salem that is like a permanent carnival with like ONE waterslide.. :scared1: ONE???? ONE????? COME ON!!!! I was used to Raging Waters.. and better yet, my uncle's company picnic was at Raging Waters so no crowds and free food!!! :dance3:

Another place I want to remind you about that you should NOT miss (though it is overpriced.).. it's ADORABLE for the little ones... it's called Enchanted Forrest and it's in Salem next to the above mentioned place ... I think that the "Amusement Park" next door to Enchanted Forrest is called SomethingVille USA.. I forget but it's lame. Enchanted Forrest is REALLY quaint and cute and so great for the under 10 set. SO CUTE!

Train mountain rocks... have a ball and take pics. We'll do a joint Oregon Hot Spots TR one day!!!

I'm off to try on clothes with the kids and determine which ones fit and which hit the Goodwill pile... OH JOY!! :laundy:

Speaking of Hot Spots - I've heard that Warm Springs and Kaneetah are really fun - you can even sleep in TeePees - we were always going to take the boys to that one, but baseball seemed to run our lives.

We took the boys to Out N About Treehouses near Cave Junction - awesome place to camp with your kids - stellar construction and interesting people. Not the place to be on a holiday, though. ;)

Enchanted Village - we have seen that for years, but the kids could never convince us to stop - it looked kind of cheesy. I guess we'll have to take the grandkids before they turn 10. :goodvibes Have a great rest of the day!

That's funny! We were just investigating the Out and About place... we definitely want to try that someday real soon. :) We'll have to practice our Tarzan Yell...ahhh ahahahhhhahhh ahha hahahhhh

:scared1: ....about the crowds! scarey! i wonder if they were bloods or crips??? :lmao: i don't even know if i spelled crips right! :laughing:

Oh, Thank you. I really want a new camera, so I can post really good pics, like SpartanGirl and Punkin413 and JordanYosh!

We decided to stay at the hotel for dinner - they were serving full meals there for July 4th. They opened up the bar/lounge area for dining, as well as the breakfast area, and they had a full menu. The bartenders and managers were our servers, so it took a long time to get our food, but it was really good! I had a steak sandwich, I'm sure Goofy had a burger and I don't know what anyone else had.

We left the table to see the fireworks start, and then I noticed they were clearing the table, so I ran back in and got my glass of wine to take out with me. We stood out on the front lawn of the hotel and watched the fireworks over at DK. They were pretty nice, but not Disney!

July08Vacation104.jpg

July08Vacation103.jpg

July08Vacation101.jpg

After the finale, we went up to the room. We drove home the next day about 9am, with a really nice drive - we stopped for lunch at a jack in the box along the freeway, and we were home by 3pm, exhausted and happy.

July08Vacation106.jpg

July08Vacation105.jpg

July08Vacation107.jpg

Thanks everyone for coming along on our road trip!

Stay tuned - I'll post my link to our upcoming Puerta Vallarta TR - it will be in the community boards! For Now --
Hasta La Vista!!!

Oh, Tammie, it can't be over already! You had some great pics and the TR was lots of fun!!!! Thanx for sharing! :thumbsup2

LOVED your TR, Tammie! :thumbsup2 Thanks so much for sharing! I can't believe it's already over!!! It looks like you and your family had a wonderful time together! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter