We're Sailing to....Disneyland? Lots of Pics! GANGSTA KINGDOM 8/31

MAGICFOR2

Condimentessa
We are at the 3 mo, 14 day mark, and I just have to start writing a pre-trippie! I'm getting Spring Fever, and one of the ways I know to harness the excitement of a pending Disney trip, is to start writing! :cloud9:

As you may have noticed in the title, a ship was involved, and then NOT!

Our 2008 vacation plans began about 18 mos. ago, when our oldest DS24 and DDIL came home from their honeymoon in the World and DCL to the Eastern Caribbean and said we should ALL go in 2008 - ALL meaning DH and I, DS24 and DDIL26 along with DS23, DDIL23 and DGS3. The plan was to cruise before the girls had any more babies :rolleyes1

So Feb 2007 I booked an alternate Western for all of us, sail date Sept 27, 2008, 3 cabins close together - "Double Dip" and everything! :banana: :banana: :banana: We had so much fun with our planning - we assumed DS23 and DDIL23 would be just about to start their Masters in Education year and everything would be great..... well, planning that far in advance does have its share of surprises!

First, our family has been blessed with two new babies - DGS,10mo to DS24, and DGD,7mo to DS23! Of course I am :cloud9: !

Second, we learned that school would not work out for DS23 and DDIL23! So they decided they wouldn't be cruising with us. :sad2: We were so disappointed. DGS,3 had been talking about "going on the big boat, see Mickey!" already. How could we disappoint him?

Well, DH, being the best "papa" ever, decided that we would "see Mickey!" So we made a reservation for DLH on June 29th - my birthday - using our DVC points!! :woohoo: DGS has forgotten all about the boat, but not about the mouse! We'll have 4 days in a Disney park for my birthday!!! Then we'll stop at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom for July 4th on the way home!

Third, with job changes and budget challenges for DS24, we have now changed our DCL to an all-inclusive in Puerta Vallarta! We are still very excited to be vacationing on the beach together - we will have to plan a cruise for ALL of us again sometime!

So, with the background information posted, I'll introduce the cast for our DL trip:

Me, 48, Cinderella - Disney obsessed grandma, who was Disney deprived as a child and loves to make up for it every chance I get.
DH, 46, Jiminy - the world's best papa who "grew up" at DL and lives to make me happy.
DS23 - Goofy - fun loving, working hard to finish school and really needs a break!
DDIL23 - Tink - great mommy, wonderful DIL, and also working really hard!
DGS3 - Donald - Smart, handsome, (watch that temper! ) has a great sense of humor and fun and loves Disney Channel, and can't wait to meet the mouse!
DGD7mo - Minnie - Beautiful of course! Laughs easily, and will probably love all of the kiddie rides at 11mo! We are having a blast planning her vacation wardrobe!

I plan to post our vacation plans here with all of the pre-obsessing that makes the planning fun - DH just doesn't get that part :lovestruc It won't be quite like the world, because there's not much for ADRs, etc., but I hope I don't bore my readers while providing an outlet for my Disney obsession!

Thanks for coming on our ROAD TRIP!!!!

Yay - I'm first!:banana:

Can't wait to read more about your plans and looking forward to seeing plenty of pix of the grandkiddies!

Hey Tammie! :wave2:

I'm ready for the ride! Let's go!:cool1:

Your trip sounds fabulous - I look forward to hearing more!

Hey, found you guys... Good thing Cammie posted that your PTR was on the DisneyLAND TR board, or I would have continued to wander lost on the WDW PTR board wondering what happened to everyone :confused3

Willing and waiting to hear more !!! :yay:

Yay - I'm first!:banana:

Can't wait to read more about your plans and looking forward to seeing plenty of pix of the grandkiddies!

Hey Tammie! :wave2:

I'm ready for the ride! Let's go!:cool1:

Your trip sounds fabulous - I look forward to hearing more!

Hey, found you guys... Good thing Cammie posted that your PTR was on the DisneyLAND TR board, or I would have continued to wander lost on the WDW PTR board wondering what happened to everyone :confused3

Willing and waiting to hear more !!! :yay:

Thanks girls! So glad you are coming along for the ride with me! I wish we were leaving sooner!

Hi Tammie,
great start, waiting for more now - love to read pretrippies, makes it more exciting.....

Tessa

Hi Tammie! I'm in too! :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear more!!! :thumbsup2

Lynne! Glad you're here - I should bring you along to take pics!

I found you!

Hi Winkie! Glad you're here!

Hi Tammie,
great start, waiting for more now - love to read pretrippies, makes it more exciting.....

Tessa

Hi Tessa! I can't wait to read yours!

I'm here...now I just have to read...:rolleyes:

Jordan! Thanks for stopping by - maybe we'll get to see you when we're down there!

I don't have any trips planned around that time so I should be around.

Sorry about no cruises. I would like to go back on a cruise, but wouldn't want to go by myself. So I'm waiting for Derek and Wendy to go back...However, they just did the Mediterranean DCL this past summer. So, I don't see a DCL cruise until 2010....:sad2:

I don't have any trips planned around that time so I should be around.

Sorry about no cruises. I would like to go back on a cruise, but wouldn't want to go by myself. So I'm waiting for Derek and Wendy to go back...However, they just did the Mediterranean DCL this past summer. So, I don't see a DCL cruise until 2010....:sad2:

I hope you get someone to cruise with you again soon - Jim's uncle in Anaheim talked about sailing with all of us on the new ship sailing in 2011 - for his daughter's HS graduation - so that might be our next. I looked at a 3 or 4 day to add to our trip next year, but the cost for a short cruise doesn't make sense when compared to a 7 day - hard for me to do.

hey, tammie! i'm along for the ride. sounds like an interesting one!!! :goodvibes

DAWN! Glad you're here! Yah, a road trip with babies is always...interesting. ;) Are you all packed yet? You must be just about "too excited to sleep!"

DAWN! Glad you're here! Yah, a road trip with babies is always...interesting. ;) Are you all packed yet? You must be just about "too excited to sleep!"

haha! nope, not yet. i've still got over a month and ray would really think i'd lost it if i started packing! :laughing:

Hi everyone - thanks to all who have joined me in my PTR excitement! I am really feeling ready to take off today! It is windy and cold - some snowflakes today - I need some :sunny: badly!

So today, DDIL and I decided to channel our excitement by planning our days at DLR. We don't want to "commando" especially with little ones, but we wanted to know what the babies can go on, and have a general idea of what we can do. Our plan is to do everything we can with Donald, and then find a little "adult time" during naps and bedtimes - taking turns with that - whatever we can get in, we will!

**Two things I definitely want to do - get a DOLE WHIP, and ride DUMBO*** These are two things I wanted to do at WDW last Summer and didn't get to. Dumbo I have never done. Just want to do the classic.

**One thing Jiminy wants to do - ride TOT ** - he missed it last year at WDW and the year before at CA.

So, our plan for the first two days:

Sunday, June 29th - My Birthday!
Arrive 12:00pm - check-in
Lunch - DTD
Grocery Store for breakfast items & snacks
Naptime for Donald and Minnie
6:00 p.m. - Dinner - Goofy's Kitchen
DTD- Build-A-Bear

Monday, June 30th - Disneyland
8:00 - Toontown Madness
-Mickey and Minnie houses
-Chip-N-Dale's Treehouse
-Roger Rabbit
-Gadget's Go Coaster
***Fantasyland**
- Peter Pan
-Dumbo
(Jiminy runs for FP to Buzz Lightyear)
- Mad Tea Party
- Buzz
12:00 - Lunch - Club Buzz
(FP for Space Mountain?)
1:00 - Nappie time for Donald and Minnie
(Jiminy and Cinderella do Space Mountain and Indiana Jones )
3:30 - head for Aladdin show at CA
5:00 - Dinner - Joe's Crabshack
7:00 - Back to Fantasyland? Swim?
- Pinocchio's Daring Journey
- Storybookland Canal Boats
- Carousel

9:00pm - Bedtime for babies
(Tink and Goofy to Disneyland?)

It seems like our plan is a little ambitious, but we have found that getting there for rope drop affords you alot of time to "get things done" early and then relax later.

Any thoughts???

Tammie - Your plans look great! Since your grandkids are still young - I agree, it's a good idea to plan things as early as you can. Those babies certainly like to get up with the sun, don't they? Might as well take advantage of it!

And -- Dumbo -- it's a MUST-DO for us every trip also!:love:

(I can't remember - have you been to DL before?)

i'm clueless when it comes to DL, so i have no advice on your plans.......i just wish you luck with them! i hope to make it there one day. DH and i want to do a trip where we go to yellowstone and then drive down the california coast and of course DL will be involved in that! i want to wait until we have a child though because i hear DL is great for kids. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter