We're half way there - JUNE WISH month of motivation

I couldn't really think of anything too woohoo-ey yesterday. Still digging deep but woohoo for a fun weekend ahead! I'm going to a friend's birthday party (and his family always cooks great food! Haha!) on Saturday, and then getting together with another group of friends to watch the Tony's on Sunday. That's a double woohoo since I got to see some of the productions nominated this year and actually have a clue what's going on LOL

What do you think about this line
"we unconsciously know the rules of the game"

in terms of weight loss this would be we know exactly why we aren't where want to be and exactly what we need to do but we over complicate things as we don't want to commit to long term change. If over eating is the issue, instead of committing not to it's easy to complicate things and come up with on and off diets. It's true for me. I know why is it hard at times as I still struggle letting go and committing to the long term changes.

Yes! This is so true for me. This manifests itself in the form of all sorts of excuses for me. I don't want to exercise so "I have a bad shoulder.... I have a bad hip..... I kinda have a heart condition.... " All of those things are true, but I can modify exercise to STILL keep moving, those were just my crutches for so long to keep it complicated since I was only interested in changing -- not committed. And my eating excuses can be even more creative. I think I am still more interested than committed on that front in some circumstances. But I try to keep my excuses in check. I don't always catch my stupid excuses, but trying to be real and honest with myself has helped.

Topic Thursday:

Is there something you are looking forward to doing related to your healthy journey this summer when you have more time and warmer weather?

Yay! I am so excited for summer. We don't have any big trips planned. But we will be going to Orlando next weekend to spend time with my family. We may be going to Volcano Bay in which case I am super excited to feel good in a bathing suit. It's funny-- we all went to Typhoon Lagoon last year and had a really awesome picture of us made as the waves were breaking at our feet. I remember feeling so good in that picture and that was 15 lbs ago! I am going to feel even better this year! In general, I am looking forward to hanging out at the beach on the weekends. Again, feeling good but also keeping up the work to keep feeling good.

Especially when we have spent years off track - we have to remember it will also take time to change tracks ...

YES! This really strikes a chord with me-- and echos a similar sentiment I keep hearing in physical therapy for my shoulder... I can't expect years of wrong to be undone with just a few weeks of being right. Change begins on a cellular level and we don't even realize we have a problem until it's a macro sized problem. So we have to change the smallest things to start to right the ship and then we can start making the big changes.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Friday-Eve! :-D

Tuesday Goal was 1050 ended up with 2557 Wednesday goal was 1100 ended up with 1137. Due to my knee and feet being swollen today I am going to stick with 1100 as my goal for steps for today instead of increasing it and risking injury. Time to head out and get 10 year old to camp.

out last night to see stand up comedy with few friends. I was supper sensible with my food choices but sadly few drinks mean I got the munchies! I end up still remaining in balance, but woke up hungry this morning and I decided to make myself substantial but healthy breakfast as going over my plan with 200 calories is much better than snacking with donuts and fresh baked goods at 10 pm

it wasn't ideal day but it was the perfect balance between enjoying my life and making the healthiest choice I can while i enjoy it.

Happy Friday all!

What do you think about this line
"we unconsciously know the rules of the game"

I can agree to this to a certain extent. I have spent so many years counting calories and using those charts to figure out exercise calories. According to those I should have been several size smaller years ago. Except I have a body that goes oh you should be reacting this way according to the experts give me a minute because I am going to pull a joke on you. It's not just on food and exercise but on medications as well. I am finding out that these reactions tend to affect a number of us on my mom's side of the family though the jury is out if we are blaming Nana or Granddad for our thanks.

Is there something you are looking forward to doing related to your healthy journey this summer when you have more time and warmer weather?
I am looking forward to having fresh food right from my garden. Though I have to admit I was a bit disappointed today at the feed store. They had pecan trees which had me all excited till I looked at the packaging and read the words zones 5-9. I am in zone 4 or more specifically zone 4b (Montana is a mix of zones 2-4) so they won't grow here.

I got in 1102 steps for Thursday. Keeping Friday Goal the same so 1100.

image.gif

Happy Friday everyone – Feel free to share anything you like today and over the weekend.

Do you have anything fun planned this weekend?

Good morning, and happy Friday! I'm leaving work early today and driving to Indiana to pick up my daughter from the string music camp she's been working at this week. Love road trips!

I've done an AWESOME job this week, staying on plan throughout, and the scale shows! 2.6 pounds down! It's been a while since the Monday me was proud of the Weekend me, so I have fully planned my weekend eating, in spite of the road trip.
:yay::dogdance::banana::cheer2::cool1:

Nothing major planned... my Sister is in town tonight, so Saturday morning we're going out for a pre-birthday breakfast. I need to do some pre-Alaska shopping, looking mostly for some rain gear and some decent PJs now that I have a roomie. And as always, the undone chores in the yard/garden are beckoning. Oh, and I'll start working on the flower pins I'm going to make to add to the thank-you-swag-bags for the teachers at the retreat.

Have a lovely and healthful weekend everyone!
upload_2018-6-8_8-10-4.png

Today was a little off. I had to work late last night and then ended up working even later then planned (12.5 hours total yesterday) because the program we use for appointments canceled several appointments so I need to get that fixed. So today I was only about to work for 3.5 hours. So this morning I got up will DH and went for a walk at 5:30 am. I am so glad to be feeling better. I decided to go in a little later today, so I laid in bed and watched the news for a little bit. I got to work at about 8 and then left by 11:30. I went and got a mani and pedi since I have another wedding to go to tomorrow. after I got home we went to dinner and I ate pretty decent. After we got home DH and I went for a walk again. So though it felt off all day it was a good day.

Tomorrow I will spend most of the day at a wedding. So it will be fun but a long day too. and Sunday will we just get stuff done around the house and somewhat relax before the week starts again.

No big healthy plans this summer. Just trying to relax. The end the school year means tons of work for me. Can't wait for the kids to leave and my stress level to drop substantially!

This weekend was supposed to rain so I had planned to work inside the house dinking around. I see blue skies this morning so will probably do yardwork. I will also force DH to do it, too!! :lmao:

I'm really pondering @Lady Marie's choice of words: committed versus interested. I really think I am more interested than committed. I think maybe it's the level of commitment I'm pondering. I'm just working on baby steps to be the healthiest I can be in the moment. Maybe if I was more committed I'd be out there working up a sweat at the gym more and never eating (insert favorite indulgence here) again. But I don't know if those things are sustainable for me. This is going to last a lifetime and I think the tortoise approach works.

Because it's the weekend and I've been trying to find a different breakfast treat, this morning I had a bagel. It was a few calories less than a poptart and a couple hundred less than a muffin. And with my tea it was delicious. Win!

Good morning, and happy Friday! I'm leaving work early today and driving to Indiana to pick up my daughter from the string music camp she's been working at this week. Love road trips!

Oh how nice - enjoy :-)

I've done an AWESOME job this week, staying on plan throughout, and the scale shows! 2.6 pounds down! It's been a while since the Monday me was proud of the Weekend me, so I have fully planned my weekend eating, in spite of the road trip.
:yay::dogdance::banana::cheer2::cool1:

:rainbow: Good for you - glad to see that hard work and focus rewarded you with a loss.

Nothing major planned... my Sister is in town tonight, so Saturday morning we're going out for a pre-birthday breakfast. I need to do some pre-Alaska shopping, looking mostly for some rain gear and some decent PJs now that I have a roomie. And as always, the undone chores in the yard/garden are beckoning. Oh, and I'll start working on the flower pins I'm going to make to add to the thank-you-swag-bags for the teachers at the retreat.

I love getting ready for a trip - not that I get to do it often - but I think the anticipation of it is half the fun.

Tomorrow I will spend most of the day at a wedding. So it will be fun but a long day too. and Sunday will we just get stuff done around the house and somewhat relax before the week starts again.

Dancing at the wedding will be a great way to get in some fun exercise :D

I'm really pondering @Lady Marie's choice of words: committed versus interested. I really think I am more interested than committed. I think maybe it's the level of commitment I'm pondering. I'm just working on baby steps to be the healthiest I can be in the moment. Maybe if I was more committed I'd be out there working up a sweat at the gym more and never eating (insert favorite indulgence here) again. But I don't know if those things are sustainable for me. This is going to last a lifetime and I think the tortoise approach works.

Those words also really resounded with me as well.... I tend to think I have been more interested than committed in the last couple of years that I have been joining in these threads - but then again that does show that we are on the journey as we even have to be interested to make a start. You comments reminded me of something we covered in a class at uni which is about change and motivational interviewing - the ideas is that there are 5 basic stages of readiness to change behavior include:
  • a. PRE-CONTEMPLATION – no intention of changing presently
  • b. CONTEMPLATION- considering a change in behavior
  • c. PREPARATION – preparatory actions following the decision to change behavior
  • d. ACTION – currently engaged in behavior change activities
  • e. MAINTENANCE – the continuation of a changed behavior beyond 6 mos
The other 2 important factors for change are how important it is to you and how confident you feel that you can make the change... All things that we need help with sometimes.

I think personally I am kind of between b,c &d if that makes sense for different parts of my journey - eating I am more in the c & d but exercise I am more in the b and a tiny bit c - I really struggle with the exercise part of it.

Just remember you are right and if you hit it too hard you may not sustain it and then start a few steps further back from where you are - slow and steady wins the race. I have known @LadyMarie on the threads for a couple of years now and would think she would agree that it took her time to achieve her current level of commitment and achievement as well :-)

Because it's the weekend and I've been trying to find a different breakfast treat, this morning I had a bagel. It was a few calories less than a poptart and a couple hundred less than a muffin. And with my tea it was delicious. Win!

Well done - I love bagels.

Reflecting on my week - it has not been a great one - it has heavily been influenced by hormones and monthly cycle and I gave into it - munching and making poor choices - not all the time - but enough that I am not satisfied with them. So this week I need to re-focus so as not to undue the losses I achieved in May.

Yesterday we got the house cleaned - I just need to finish the washing today - I WILL make a meal plan for the week and go and shop for it this afternoon and pre-prep as much as I can.

Woo! I have logged into and counted calories in the MyFitnessPal App for 365 days in a row!

I also just finished with my annual conference. I think I did ok on my calories and I walked quite a bit. I’m trying for 10 miles today, but I’ll probably max out at 9 due to time.

I picked up my first medium shirt in years. It fits and I’m wearing it today!

Today's thoughts come after listening to Phit and Phat podcast episode 061 assessing your weekend

in the second half of the podcast she said something about wanting to be slimmer sometimes vs shift to wanting to be healthy. She goes on to say she loves that she loves a salad and other healthy behaviors she have developed

I thought about it. I was out for a meal with family yesterday, I ordered the healthiest options on the menu - and I enjoyed them. I skipped dessert and most had cake and ice cream hours later. I sometimes have a dessert. I love that I exercise more moderately now. I love that I love healthy eating. I love that I can enjoy an ice cream and move on.

I love that I developed healthy behaviors and I feel I need to celebrate them more.

Why I think this is motivating - I think it's good to remind myself that eating healthy can be very enjoyable, that exercising in healthy way can be very enjoyable and keeping it enjoyable is really the biggest part of the transformation. I met many maintainers and the common in all of them is - they have figured out way to embrace their lifestyle, to enjoy it!

That if you do your best most of the time, considering the situation you are in - that's all that you can do and doing your best you can feel good now, regardless of the scale number.

Motivation Monday

Good morning everyone, hope your weekend was restorative. Have you considered what worked well for you or what didn’t last week?

upload_2018-6-11_22-2-57.png
What is motivating you this week on our June healthy journey?

tumblr_n7hk8fXBZ81r115hxo4_250.gif

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-11_22-4-41.png
    upload_2018-6-11_22-4-41.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 1
I thought about it. I was out for a meal with family yesterday, I ordered the healthiest options on the menu - and I enjoyed them. I skipped dessert and most had cake and ice cream hours later. I sometimes have a dessert. I love that I exercise more moderately now. I love that I love healthy eating. I love that I can enjoy an ice cream and move on.

I love that I developed healthy behaviors and I feel I need to celebrate them more.

I think you just gave a great example of some new habits that have been forming within your eating out with family routine that are supporting your choice for a healthy life. You should definitely celebrate them and we celebrate you for all your hard work, continuing to make break throughs with your thinking that is helping you to maintain at an enjoyable level and sharing it all with us :jumping1:

@LadyMarie is my inspiration for this week - I need to get a little more committed this week!!

I did make my meal plan yesterday and shopped yesterday and today and have most of the ingredients for the week - except for a couple of things which need to bought fresher later in the week.

I even rolled with swapping out a day yesterday - I had planned Roast Chicken but didn't get to the shop in time due to DD having a friend over to help her with an assignment and her mother came to chat while they did it. Soooo when I did get to the shop at almost 6pm I knew it was too late for roasting a chicken so I swtiched it with the much quicker spaghetti bolognaise which was going to be Tuesday's dinner - Whenever I have this now I always have green vegetables with it and reduce my pasta/meat portions. I did get to roast the chicken tonight (YUM) and half is left over for tomorrow nights creation.

Last night I also made a big batch of Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup which I blended this afternoon and placed into freezer containers in single serves ready to go for my work lunches or an impromptu easy meal at home if needed.

Okay I am off to sleep now .... My Monday is done :faint:

The stress continues in my work and personal life.
I can't help but feel that it has had some negative effect on my weight-loss as well.
I've always had trouble remaining motivated when bad things happen.

On the plus side, so far I haven't broken my diet plan and I'm down .8lbs from last week. Not as much loss as I'd like, but it's something.
I'm considering trying intermittent fasting this week. I've heard that it can be helpful. I managed it Saturday and Sunday, but we'll see if I can get through a work day without breakfast. Though I am looking forward to a larger lunch so maybe it'll all work out.

Good morning everyone, hope your weekend was restorative. Have you considered what worked well for you or what didn’t last week?

What is motivating you this week on our June healthy journey?

Good morning!

I don't know what flips the switch from "handling it like a ninja warrior" to eating everything in sight. I did SO....well on Friday, through my trip, and until I got home on Saturday, and then it happened. Did okay yesterday, but still overate. And I'm back up to where I was before Friday. And through it, I kept asking myself, "Will your Monday Cheryl be proud of this?" But then I ate anyway. Been a long time since I storm ate like that.

I keep relistening to the 3 Phit-n-Phat podcasts on weekend planning, and my actions don't follow what my brain says I know I need to do. Sigh.

But I'm chalking it up as a learning experience and moving on. Went to the gym today, even though I didn't feel like it. Keeping those promises I'd made to myself.

DH has rehearsals every night this week, so I'm actually working on written food game plans for the full week so that I don't go overboard...again.

Happy Monday!

The question of commitment is also resonating with me... I'm obviously not committed, else I'd be much farther along the path to wellness.

I like this quote about commitment, because I do feel that committed doesn't mean stuck in only one way of doing things. In lean business methodology there's a process called "Plan, Do, Check, Adjust" and "iterating" is a big deal right now... meaning don't wait until you've got everything perfectly worked out, get close, try it, then tweak it and try it again. I really hadn't thought of it before, but these ideas can also be applied to our healthy living goals.

Food wise I had a pretty good weekend, without any sugar binges. I was thinking a lot about the NAET and what I want to get out of it, and came up with "balance". I need to get my body re-balanced and then the weight will start to come off. I realized I've been playing negative mind games with myself about being bad and eating badly, when really the only truly bad thing I do is consume too much sugar, but I spend a lot of time beating myself up for eating food I think I'm sensitive to. If I can sort thru those foods, and desensitize myself from the ones I am really reacting to I'll be so much further ahead in the game.

We had some whacky weather both Saturday and Sunday, with sun breaks in between bursts of rain: normally for us rain comes out of a heavy grey cloud cover that hangs around for a while. It turned out perfect for the work I needed to do on the lawn, as I was able to take advantage of the ground being damp and get grass seed down, but didn't have to work in the rain. I got fabric for new PJs and did find rain pants, but they are about 6 inches too long and the bottom of the pant legs have zippers in them, so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to shorten them. I also found a rain hat , so I pretty much figure the weather is going to be bright and sunny the entire time I'm there!

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-11_7-38-23.png
    upload_2018-6-11_7-38-23.png
    237 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2018-6-11_7-46-21.png
    upload_2018-6-11_7-46-21.png
    237 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter