We're Going to Have a Lot of Big Protests!

FighttheH8.jpg

http://www.jointheimpact.com/?p=3

On the steps of your City Hall on November 15th at 10:30am PST / 1:30pm EST, our community WILL take to the streets and speak out against Proposition 8 and all of the other pro-equality losses that we have faced in our lifetimes, in our parents’ lifetimes, and for many generations before us. WE CAN’T DO THIS ALONE! WE NEED YOUR HELP! We need organizers in every major city to work with us and get out the protest! I know you’re all tired from all of the work you’ve done for this great election year, but I’m asking for one more push! Let the country hear our voices together. Let them see that we are a strong, adamant, and powerful community that deserves equal rights, and CAN’T BE DEFEATED!

Send this post to everyone! We have one week and must react to the pro-hate votes cast against us! Let’s help our LGBTQ friends, families, neighbors, and each other to IMPACT this country with a demand for our basic human rights! Join the cause, join the voice, and JOIN THE IMPACT!

FIND YOUR PROTEST LOCATION HERE

Good for U Louie!

Give em heck ;)

I feel like Mrs. Banks in Mary Poppins. Who wants to break into song with me!

Cast off the shackles of yesterday!
Shoulder to shoulder into the fray!
Our daughters' daughters will adore us
And they'll sign in grateful chorus
"Well done, Sister Suffragette!"

FighttheH8.jpg

On the steps of your City Hall on November 15th at 10:30am PST / 1:30pm EST, our community WILL take to the streets and speak out against Proposition 8 and all of the other pro-equality losses that we have faced in our lifetimes, in our parents’ lifetimes, and for many generations before us. WE CAN’T DO THIS ALONE! WE NEED YOUR HELP! We need organizers in every major city to work with us and get out the protest! I know you’re all tired from all of the work you’ve done for this great election year, but I’m asking for one more push! Let the country hear our voices together. Let them see that we are a strong, adamant, and powerful community that deserves equal rights, and CAN’T BE DEFEATED!

Send this post to everyone! We have one week and must react to the pro-hate votes cast against us! Let’s help our LGBTQ friends, families, neighbors, and each other to IMPACT this country with a demand for our basic human rights! Join the cause, join the voice, and JOIN THE IMPACT!

How Exciting! I will be there with bells on! Maybe a costume . . . What do you guys think if I recycle my Mad Hatter Halloween costume, and I make a sign that says "I'm Mad and I'm Not Going to take it Anymore."

For any NYC people, a protest is also scheduled for Wednesday:

Time and Place Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Time: 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Street: 125 Columbus Ave at 65th Street
City/Town: New York, NY

If you are on Facebook, more information is available, just search for

Prop 8 Protest in New York at Mormon Temple AGAINST HATE

So far, over 1,400 people have RSVPd.

How Exciting! I will be there with bells on! Maybe a costume . . . What do you guys think if I recycle my Mad Hatter Halloween costume, and I make a sign that says "I'm Mad and I'm Not Going to take it Anymore."

I like suffragette city better...
Ohhh, wham bam thank you maam! :flower3:

Interesting.

"Make them Hear You" from Ragtime has been on my playlist a lot this week.

Here it is:

Go out and tell our story.
Let it echo far and wide.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

How justice was our battle
And how justice was denied.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

And say to those who blame us
For the way we chose to fight
That sometimes there are battles
That are more than black or white...
And I could not put down my sword
When justice was my right.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

My path may lead to heaven or hell
And God will say what's best
But one thing He will never say
Is that I went quietly to my rest
Go out and tell our story
To your daughters and your sons.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

And tell them, in our struggle,
We were not the only ones.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

Proclaim it from your pulpit,
In your classroom, with your pen.
Teach every child to raise his voice
And then, my brothers, then
Will justice be demanded
By ten million righteous men.
Make them hear you.
When they hear you,
I'll be near you
Again.

FighttheH8.jpg

I'll be at ours here in STL!! I just got the email today, and I'm volunteering to help make signs. :thumbsup2

I URGE everyone to take part in this!! Let's show them that we're no longer going to take this sitting down!!! :mad:

Interesting.

"Make them Hear You" from Ragtime has been on my playlist a lot this week.

Here it is:

Go out and tell our story.
Let it echo far and wide.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

How justice was our battle
And how justice was denied.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

And say to those who blame us
For the way we chose to fight
That sometimes there are battles
That are more than black or white...
And I could not put down my sword
When justice was my right.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

My path may lead to heaven or hell
And God will say what's best
But one thing He will never say
Is that I went quietly to my rest
Go out and tell our story
To your daughters and your sons.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

And tell them, in our struggle,
We were not the only ones.
Make them hear you,
Make them hear you.

Proclaim it from your pulpit,
In your classroom, with your pen.
Teach every child to raise his voice
And then, my brothers, then
Will justice be demanded
By ten million righteous men.
Make them hear you.
When they hear you,
I'll be near you
Again.

:thumbsup2

So OrlandoMike, ConcK, Rob... anyone know why Florida isn't doing anything? Are we really that apathetic and beaten down here?

Thanks 'girl! I'm in Seattle this week, so wasn't aware of it.

Can you tell me what source you are referring to so I can check it out? I mean, where is Orlando listed?

There's an Orlando location listed, but if you click on it, it pulls up google maps with three different locations, and I don't think any of them are the correct address for City Hall. And isn't City Hall right in the middle of where the Orlando Food & Wine Festival will be going on at the same time as this "nationwide protest"? Nothing like making it difficult to get to.

Beyond that location link, there doesn't appear to be anything else listed in the way of local organizers the way that there are in other cities.

DVC~OKW~96 - I clicked the link Uncle Remus posted. Maybe they are still adding info as things get organized? The HRC website says HRC-Orlando is having a gathering on 11/25, but nothing about a protest that I could find.

I have to work on Saturdays....:sad1:

I have the best suffragette outfit too! Darn!

On a side note, Shrek and I were talking about the whole thing today, the churches involvement and the taxation thing.

He said (and he is pretty up on these things) that a church cannot endorse a political candidate per say, but as far as amendments go, all bets are off.

Not sure about this, anyone have any proof?

I wonder who or what group in Orlando would know where the actual protesting will take place? :unsure:

I wouldn't have a problem going at all, regardless of timing, if I knew for sure where to go.

I'll get home Friday night and should be ok on Saturday.

Having it right smack in the middle of another festival might actually do some good. Might draw more support? Or not...

Mike, do you work every Saturday? No, I don't know if Shrek is correct or not. I wonder if searching the statutes would help? That can be time consuming though. Any lawyers in the house?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter