Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon [Completed!]

Ugh, I hate arguing or being frustrated with my SO on vacation :headache:. It always seems so stupid to me when I look back on it and think about those 10-15 minutes wasted on it, but in the heat of the moment I just can't see that. We all do have them. I, too, am trying to handle my reactions better. My bf is really good at getting me out of them (as I'm sure Howard is too :goodvibes).

I'm glad you found time to pick back up with this TR! :goodvibes I am in no way trying to point this out out of meanness, but your last installment was from one year ago today! I didn't even realize it had been so long until I noticed the April 7 part!

I am stubborn too, so I can understand where you're coming from...hopefully Columbia Harbor House will fix everything! I love that place.

I'm stubborn too, Rachel. I'd avoid so many arguments with my bf if I wasn't,*sigh* :laughing:

The IASW clock is adorable! I've never seen it opened before.

I think we've all had those moments at WDW. I know Don and I have had our moments of being not so nice to each other, and yeah, it's usually his fault :lmao:

Haha, isn't it usually the guy's fault? I'm kidding :goodvibes. I know I'm equally to blame. For some of it ;)

I love going in all the gift shops! There are so many things to look at! I've never seen the stars in the ceiling before, I'll have to look next time! :thumbsup2

Just because there is magic at Disney, doesn't mean there isn't fighting also. We've all done it :blush:

Weird pointed out a LOT more details to me last year. I didn't take the time to notice everything in the past!

I'm glad we don't fight in an argumentative way though because that could've spoiled the magic for other people!

Ugh, I hate arguing or being frustrated with my SO on vacation :headache:. It always seems so stupid to me when I look back on it and think about those 10-15 minutes wasted on it, but in the heat of the moment I just can't see that. We all do have them. I, too, am trying to handle my reactions better. My bf is really good at getting me out of them (as I'm sure Howard is too :goodvibes).

It really was a stupid thing to get upset about, but even as I wrote it, I got upset. Then I brought it up with him yesterday and got upset again. He remembered it completely differently, but it was wrong because he thought it had to do with taking pictures, which couldn't have happened since neither of us was taking pics at the time. Haha, he did apologize, but I still hate that we had some frustration in WDW!

But yes, Howard is AMAZING at pulling me out of funks. I can be stubborn for a while, but I can't stay there for very long when I'm with him. He loves me so much, and I love him so much too! Once we're reminded of that, things resolve or we can compromise!

Plus, it helps that he's incredibly patient with me! :lovestruc

I'm glad you found time to pick back up with this TR! :goodvibes I am in no way trying to point this out out of meanness, but your last installment was from one year ago today! I didn't even realize it had been so long until I noticed the April 7 part!

I am stubborn too, so I can understand where you're coming from...hopefully Columbia Harbor House will fix everything! I love that place.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying. I think there's confusion because today's date matches with the date of our going to MK last year! Haha. Wow, this TR has been going on forever. I know I had installments before my most recent trip, and I've had a few recently. I'm really excited to get moving with this though because of our DHS day ... :rolleyes1

CHH can fix a ton of problems!

I'm stubborn too, Rachel. I'd avoid so many arguments with my bf if I wasn't,*sigh* :laughing:

The IASW clock is adorable! I've never seen it opened before.

I blame it on being a girl! We can't easily forget things like guys can. I think for me, that's what makes me more stubborn. It just stays in my mind, and even distractions don't eliminate whatever is bothering me.

I'm always going to look from now on to see if it's almost time for it to open! It opens every 15 minutes.

I'm sorry to hear about your fight! I know exactly what that's like. John and I usually have one good fight on each trip. Usually the fights stem from him rushing through something that I want to take my time on, or "mosey through" in his words. :rotfl: It's always so weird when we fight at Disney though. Once we were having this huge fight and we were sitting in the World Showcase in Epcot and a PP person came up and started asking if we wanted out picture taken! I'm really stubborn like you, so it was awkward because I didn't want to start talking to John but I didn't want to be rude to the CM!

I'm sorry to hear about your fight! I know exactly what that's like. John and I usually have one good fight on each trip. Usually the fights stem from him rushing through something that I want to take my time on, or "mosey through" in his words. :rotfl: It's always so weird when we fight at Disney though. Once we were having this huge fight and we were sitting in the World Showcase in Epcot and a PP person came up and started asking if we wanted out picture taken! I'm really stubborn like you, so it was awkward because I didn't want to start talking to John but I didn't want to be rude to the CM!

It's comforting to know that we're not the only ones! I'm sure it has a lot to do with the intensity of being on vacation and doing things out of the norm. It probably disrupts my flow too much, and I'm a girl who loves predictability! WDW puts me on edge in a good way, so I'm sure in a regular situation outside of WDW, we would've been fine and dandy!

Haha, did you get the pic taken? How did it come out?

Wednesday, April 7: Fried Fish Love

In my last update, you read about the fight that Howard and I were having. It wasn't so much a fight as it was silence though! For the most part, I've always been like that. I sit in silence and ignore, and then suddenly it'll all just come out of me! I was really worried though about the vacation. Haha, knowing how stubborn I can be made me think about how we'd get through the rest of the time together if I was in this mood! Thankfully, it ended pretty soon!

Before I move on with the TR though, I'm going to post a video of the IASW clock with the doors closing because I forgot to put it in the last update.

Anyway, we decided to go have lunch at Columbia Harbour House to take advantage of the "eat early and use this coupon to save money so we can control crowds" thing.

IMG_2915.jpg

Earlier, I had told Weird about the fact that there's an area above the passageway between Fantasyland and Liberty Square where you can eat at CHH. Plus, I also mentioned how each side fit the right land. See, here's Fantasyland.

IMG_2916.jpg

Here's the Liberty Square side.

IMG_2918.jpg

We went in and took a look at the menu despite the fact that we knew what we wanted! The fried fish basket!

IMG_2920.jpg

We admired (?) or examined (?) the details of the restaurant. Haha, kinda creepy, in my opinion. It was especially creepy knowing that each room is named after a ship lost at sea!

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

I read in the Hidden Magic book, I believe, that there's a harpoon in CHH that is the same harpoon in the painting in Haunted Mansion before you board the doombuggies. I THINK this is it.

IMG_2924.jpg

At this point, I do believe Weird and I were talking. I don't remember exactly how or when we made up, but we just started talking again. We did talk it through, like what happened, and we both apologized. Phew! Thank goodness! This happened while we were waiting on line for our food. Once we got our tray of deliciousness, we headed on upstairs to the 2nd floor to admire everything up there as well, like the garbage cans!

IMG_2926.jpg

It's so great how they have specific garbage cans for each area or restaurant.

A111.jpg

The place was so empty that we had our pick of tables! I loved that it was extremely spacious. It seems like it can accommodate a huge group of people even during the rush time. You can see the emptiness in this video that I recorded. Haha, I don't know why it took so long for me to say Fantasyland.

I was also really excited about the condiments bar! Lots of options, but the most important ones were the malt vinegar and the tartar sauce! Oh, and let's not forget trusty ketchup!

A112.jpg

We ended up eating at the first table in the center of this room (the one I was walking to was a little dirty).

IMG_2929.jpg

Ship name.

IMG_2930.jpg

Once we settled in, we were ready to eat! We were splitting 2 fried fish baskets because we weren't that hungry. Weird and I had one, and my mom and Matt had the other.

IMG_2931.jpg

Mmm, just looking at this picture makes me really hungry because we were all very pleased with it! It wasn't greasy at all, and having he different choices of condiments made it excellent. It was so crispy and not fishy at all.

IMG_2935.jpg

Don't you love how WDW restaurants and CS places create this world that really helps you rejuvenate and take a break from the hectic atmosphere outside the building?

IMG_2937.jpg

I can hear the creaking wood floors while looking at this one!

IMG_2939.jpg

(continued in next post)

(continued from previous post)

Well, we ate our food, but Weird and I were still hungry, so we decided to go back to get one more fried fish basket (so in reality we each ate our own). It's blurry, but it's because I was in such a rush to get some more for my hunger! We still had another coupon too, so that wasn't a problem.

IMG_2941.jpg

In this pic, you can see that we're farther back because more people had come to eat.

IMG_2943.jpg

I have no clue what this is. A net of some sort? Haha, or a blanket?

IMG_2945.jpg

The atmosphere is just so very specific and detailed.

IMG_2947.jpg

As we waited for the food, Weird was compelled to take a photo of the change.

IMG_2948.jpg

Here is the CM who was getting food ready. Yum, I see sandwiches there too!

IMG_2950.jpg

I was uber excited for round 2!

IMG_2951.jpg

You can see in this pic that we brought Vitamin Water to drink. It's always much cheaper than buying drinks in the park. Weird and I have started to buy drinks when we really need/want it though. I'm not as bad as my parents who have to bring a whole backpack full of drinks! Sometimes I need more than just juice or water.

IMG_2952.jpg

Before we left, we headed to the bathroom first. I don't really like this decorative piece because one of my many fears is whales! Haha, seriously, I am afraid of whales (as in, I have to turn away or close my eyes when the whale squishes Dory against the tank in Turtle Talk with Crush!).

IMG_2954.jpg

Even though I'm sure most people (myself included) don't really look at all the details of the restaurant, I think that if those things weren't there, the feel would be different.

IMG_2955.jpg

Goodbye, Columbia Harbour House! Thanks for meeting our expectations and filling us with good food!

IMG_2960.jpg

CHH has now become a definite lunch spot for us! And for those of you who are following my February 2011 TR, you'll see that we got Danielle, Ray, and Nik to love it too!

It is so funny how we had never eaten at CHH-I am pretty sure our first time was that same day, haha! And that's also where I remember telling my dad that we might be meeting up, now that I think about it. :banana:

CHH is my favorite MK quick service restaurant, I always get the Anchor's Aweigh sandwich though, so yummy! It's a deceptively large place too, even during the very busy Christmas season we've been able to find a table upstairs.

Glad you and Howard are on speaking terms again here :goodvibes

Yum-- I love CHH's fish! So yummy! We had sort of an odd experience with a CM there (a.k.a.-- he emailed my DBF for months and then friended him on FB. DBF became one of his 35 friends), but it's still a favorite! Last time, some of the "special" tables upstairs were not blocked off and we got to sit with all the condiments, etc. right on our table!

Yum I love CHH! It looked like you had the whole floor to yourselfs, very cool! We ate there for the first time last trip after hearing all the rave reviews on the DIS and weren't disappointed. I had the lighthouse sandwich since I don't like fish but your fried fish baskets looked really good.

I am soo grateful for this last post. I have been debating where to have our quick service meals- and someone suggested this to me- which it was already on my list a possibility.. but it was soo hard to find good pics of this place. But after seeing your pics.. I'm pretty sure this is on the list. Especially because of the yummy food.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying. I think there's confusion because today's date matches with the date of our going to MK last year! Haha. Wow, this TR has been going on forever. I know I had installments before my most recent trip, and I've had a few recently. I'm really excited to get moving with this though because of our DHS day ... :rolleyes1

CHH can fix a ton of problems!

Oh, I can see how I confused you, now! Not that your last installment was from a year ago, but the day you were writing about's date just happened to be the same date, one year later, as I read about it. I don't know if that explanation helped any, though...still sounds a bit confusing. :confused3

I love eating at CHH and try to get a window seat up there every time I can. I have never noticed though, how each side of that area is themed differently to match the land it's in! How cool! I am going to have to point that out when we're there in May!

I love CHH and the fish basket! I think we either get that or the fish and shrimp platter. It's our go-to counter service at MK. So good!

Did you notice that you wrote that update exactly one year to the date?! :rotfl:

I super :love: the sitting area above Liberty Square/Fantasyland. We love sitting there! Oh and the food is good too. :goodvibes

In response to your comment:we had the picture taken, but you can just see the awkward fake smiles! It's awful! :rotfl:

Now, onto your post! I LOVE CHH! :lovestruc It is hands down my favorite CS restaurant in all of WDW. The fried fish basket is always delicious, and the atmosphere is great! It's always so quiet and relaxing, and I don't think I've ever seen it really full of people. :goodvibes

I completely understand your fear of whales. I am so freaked out by those really really big whales. I can't even stand to watch them on TV. I just can't imagine anything being that big!

Oooh your update made me hungry for some CHH fish and fries with tartar sauce and malt vinegar! I eat so much vinegar on my fries. We went to Five Guys for my birthday and my dad was getting so grossed out because I was just soaking my fries in vinegar! Mmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! :lovestruc

It is so funny how we had never eaten at CHH-I am pretty sure our first time was that same day, haha! And that's also where I remember telling my dad that we might be meeting up, now that I think about it. :banana:

It's funny to think that we may have crossed paths (or with other DISers) without even knowing it!

CHH is my favorite MK quick service restaurant, I always get the Anchor's Aweigh sandwich though, so yummy! It's a deceptively large place too, even during the very busy Christmas season we've been able to find a table upstairs.

Glad you and Howard are on speaking terms again here :goodvibes

I would love to try the Anchor's Aweigh sandwich! Unfortunately, mayo makes me feel so sick. I'll never be able to have it! I'll try to convince someone else to order it one day so I can taste it, but even that idea probably won't work because so far everyone loves JUST the fried fish basket! It really is such a large place to sit and enjoy the good food!

Yum-- I love CHH's fish! So yummy! We had sort of an odd experience with a CM there (a.k.a.-- he emailed my DBF for months and then friended him on FB. DBF became one of his 35 friends), but it's still a favorite! Last time, some of the "special" tables upstairs were not blocked off and we got to sit with all the condiments, etc. right on our table!

Haha, that's such an odd story! That's a fun friend to have if you get some benefits with it! Free dessert? Sure!

It'd be fun to have the condiments right there. We got up so many times to get more tartar sauce and such!

Yum I love CHH! It looked like you had the whole floor to yourselfs, very cool! We ate there for the first time last trip after hearing all the rave reviews on the DIS and weren't disappointed. I had the lighthouse sandwich since I don't like fish but your fried fish baskets looked really good.

I could totally eat there for lunch and dinner so I can try new things! I could order the Lighthouse sandwich for lunch and the fried fish for dinner. I want to try the chili too!

I am soo grateful for this last post. I have been debating where to have our quick service meals- and someone suggested this to me- which it was already on my list a possibility.. but it was soo hard to find good pics of this place. But after seeing your pics.. I'm pretty sure this is on the list. Especially because of the yummy food.

CHH has a totally different atmosphere than Pecos Bill and Cosmic Ray's. I do love those other 2 places though because of hot cheese sauce! I think having both is great to have in one day!

Oh, I can see how I confused you, now! Not that your last installment was from a year ago, but the day you were writing about's date just happened to be the same date, one year later, as I read about it. I don't know if that explanation helped any, though...still sounds a bit confusing. :confused3

I love eating at CHH and try to get a window seat up there every time I can. I have never noticed though, how each side of that area is themed differently to match the land it's in! How cool! I am going to have to point that out when we're there in May!

Haha, it's kinda crazy that it was a year ago. Don't be surprised if I'm still writing next year at this time ...

I spent this past trip pointing out all those details to Dani, Ray, and Nik. I gotta learn more things to share it next time!

I love CHH and the fish basket! I think we either get that or the fish and shrimp platter. It's our go-to counter service at MK. So good!

I'm curious about the fried shrimp too because I love it. I just don't know if I want to "waste" stomach space when there's that yummy fried fish! I would need tangy cocktail sauce!

Did you notice that you wrote that update exactly one year to the date?! :rotfl:

I super :love: the sitting area above Liberty Square/Fantasyland. We love sitting there! Oh and the food is good too. :goodvibes

I really have to get moving, but writing a TR just doesn't fit in my teacher schedule, especially a teacher preparing students for New York State tests! Lots of things to grade, especially essays!

In response to your comment:we had the picture taken, but you can just see the awkward fake smiles! It's awful! :rotfl:

Now, onto your post! I LOVE CHH! :lovestruc It is hands down my favorite CS restaurant in all of WDW. The fried fish basket is always delicious, and the atmosphere is great! It's always so quiet and relaxing, and I don't think I've ever seen it really full of people. :goodvibes

I completely understand your fear of whales. I am so freaked out by those really really big whales. I can't even stand to watch them on TV. I just can't imagine anything being that big!

Oooh your update made me hungry for some CHH fish and fries with tartar sauce and malt vinegar! I eat so much vinegar on my fries. We went to Five Guys for my birthday and my dad was getting so grossed out because I was just soaking my fries in vinegar! Mmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! :lovestruc

If CHH didn't have an upstairs, it would still be considered a good-sized place. I like that the downstairs has those benches. I love benches like that.

Exactly! I can't imagine the size of such a large creature. I can't fathom it except in my dreams. There's the huge whale hanging from the ceiling at the American Museum of Natural History in NYC, and I HATE it!

Malt vinegar is AWESOME! I remember when I was a pre-teen and my aunt and uncle bought Thrashers fries for us at Ocean City's boardwalk in Maryland. My aunt got one big bucket specifically for malt vinegar, and I was so weirded out by it. It was only about 5 years ago or so when I finally understood!

I remember how we made up! I said sorry because I remembered that the guy is ALWAYS wrong :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter