Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon [Completed!]

Traditionally, I carry either a black bag or a brown leather bag, so I was leaning more towards the owl print since this would be more of just a park bag. I thought it was cute and fun, plus I have a thing for owls (my grandmother-in-law collected them).

Sadly, we don't have a Macy's nearby, but I will check out eBags and Endless...thanks for the tip. :thumbsup2

One more question... since you felt that the bag was a good size, how tall are you? I told want to feel overwhelmed by my bag.

You are soooo right- a park bag is a big decision haven't found mine yet-but i am still looking--LOVE your bag.
thank you for the macy's tip--we will go there and look
We also keep track of mileage, stops etc. Must be a Mom thing:rotfl:
Keep the installments coming

I debated about that bag for the longest time! I didn't know if I should spend so much on it, but if I plan on going to WDW many times in the future, it'll definitely be worth it! Just gives me even more reason to go! Haha, as if I didn't already have enough :thumbsup2

Traditionally, I carry either a black bag or a brown leather bag, so I was leaning more towards the owl print since this would be more of just a park bag. I thought it was cute and fun, plus I have a thing for owls (my grandmother-in-law collected them).

Sadly, we don't have a Macy's nearby, but I will check out eBags and Endless...thanks for the tip. :thumbsup2

One more question... since you felt that the bag was a good size, how tall are you? I told want to feel overwhelmed by my bag.

Ooo, if that's the case, definitely get the owl one then! I was looking at the penguins one for a while because I LOVE penguins! My classroom is decorated with penguins since students give me penguin things as gifts.

I'm about 5'3'' so kind of short! However, the bag is adjustable. When I got it, I tested out different lengths by moving the metal thing on the strap to see which would work.

Saturday, April 3: A Bunny Tale

Thankfully, we did actually head past that 1-mile mark! Only about 10 minutes into the ride did Matt take out his How to Draw Kids Next Door (funny cartoon!) book. He had bought it for a $1 about a month ago, and mom put it in the bag right away so he’d have something to look forward to. I told him, “You should wait until you’re bored to look at it.” He replied, “I’m already bored.”
IMG_0914-1.jpg

Weird and I, on the other hand, were admiring my awesome socks. Haha, I typically don’t wear wacky colored socks, but I don’t know what compelled me to buy these last year. They’re actually K.Bell from Costco; they’re the only no show socks that stay in place. Other brands have made me stop in my place so I could dig them out from under my foot!
IMG_0918.jpg

The great thing about them is that Weird thought that they said “KP,” which stands for Kevin Paul, the name my students gave to Weird when they were trying to figure out his real name. It would’ve been KP in a mirror or something; he was being slightly dyslexic when he thought they were KP! Stay tuned; I have different colors the next day too! I think there’s a picture of that.

Our next stop was to fill up the gas tank. I think the next picture was just a foreboding sign of the creepiness to come! If you read my PTR, you already saw the moment to which I’m referring; that’ll probably be in the next installment.
IMG_0921.jpg

It makes sense that there were plush bunnies at the gas station considering Easter was the following day. If you read my PTR, you also know that I have extremely abnormal fears. I mean, fear of buffalo? I was never attacked by a buffalo. Fear of sharks? I was never attacked by a shark. Fear of people in bunny costumes? I was never attacked … oh wait … I have been! This is a LEGITIMATE FEAR!

Years back when I was a teenager, my mom’s side of the family ventured out to a restaurant called Pier 13. I so could have just made that name up, but let’s go with it. My cousin Nicolette and I were looking at the decorations they had everywhere since we had some time to kill before they were able to seat such a large party. Nik and I saw a jukebox. Being the youngsters we were at the time, we peered in to see what songs they had since we were fascinated by this machine! I mean, jukeboxes were so old! We were proudly sportin’ our Sony Walkmans.

As we flipped through the song choices trying to recognize the titles, I felt a hand on my left shoulder. At the same time, Nik felt a hand on her right shoulder. I automatically thought it was my dad coming over to take a look at what was intriguing us so much. However, when the two of us turned towards each other toward the middle, there was the head of a HUGE WHITE RABBIT! I probably don’t even have to say it, but we SCREAMED so loudly! I couldn’t believe that not one person in our extended family decided to tell us that this creepy bunny was coming upon us!

That’s not even the worst part. Throughout the rest of the meal, that bunny decided to torment us. Yes, torment is the best word to describe it! We had a long family table in a little room near the front of the restaurant that was only accessible on either end at the heads of the table. That didn’t stop the bunny from making unwanted guest appearances at those 2 entrances. It didn’t stop the bunny from trying to reach over the wall and under the curtain separating us from the rest of the restaurant. It also didn’t stop the bunny from leaving the building entirely to frighten us on the other side of the floor to ceiling windows!

Without a doubt, Nik and I were scarred from that experience. She just turned 21 two days ago, yet if you ask her about her biggest fears, people in bunny costumes will rank high on her list. We both hate going to the mall around Easter time because of the Easter bunny photos! This whole experience also made me slightly apprehensive by character meet and greets! That’ll be important to remember later on. Haha, but seriously, tangent much?

This is just another picture of the foreshadowing clues! This one was from my camera; I wanted to include it just because I like that I captured my dad in the mirror.
IMG_6224.jpg

At the same gas station, I saw this and thought, “Hey, first souvenir!”:
IMG_6226.jpg

The tulips, of course, haha. Not the milk! I love tulips, but I love them when they’re growing naturally in the ground. Tulips and daffodils are my favorites. I believe that daffodils are God’s gift to me; they remind me of His presence because they can grow in the dirtiest places by the side of a highway or something. God can make something beautiful out of anything. Another tangent!
IMG_6227.jpg

We continued driving, and Weird and I continued to be camera happy. We got a kick out of seeing this sign for a restaurant:
IMG_0924.jpg

I think the joke’s on us though because I just did a Google search on Le Peep and found their website and then did a Yelp search and saw that the place got pretty good reviews! I guess we learned not to judge a restaurant by it’s colorful and sugary name!

Weird and I were in a good mood though because we were already going through our first state, good ol’ New Jersey! Okay, never mind the fact that Jersey is not very far from New York but still! It was something! We were one state closer to Disney!
IMG_6230.jpg

Now you may be asking, “Is RachelNinja really going to keep going off on tangents? Is she going to continue posting pictures that don’t have anything to do with Disney? Is she really going to include another picture of her socks?” The answer is YES! Just forewarning you; getting to our first Disney day may take another week or so! Are you willing to deal with my incessant chatter? Hehe, I wonder who’s going to stick around :thumbsup2

So, I guess a meet and greet with the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland is totally out of the question? :lmao:

Really, I find it very sad that whoever was in that bunny costume got such a kick out of scaring a couple little girls half to death!

Geez Rachel, you are putting my TR to shame! I guess I better get started. LOL.

So, I guess a meet and greet with the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland is totally out of the question? :lmao:

I was going to ask the same thing! :laughing:

That's horrible the person in the bunny costume terrorized you two like that! :sad2: The only costumed people I'm okay with are the ones at Disney, all the others creep me out for some reason! I've seen "Mickey" and "Elmo" a couple of times on Times Square & 34th Street, and man do they look all busted and scary! Lol!

Keep going off on your tangents dear. I'll keep reading every one of them and get a little chuckle out each one of them.

If that bunny would have done that too me, I would probably have a phobia a people in bunny costumes as well.

LOL....I seriously thought you were pointing out the milk sign as your first souvie. I was slightly confused. I love tulips as well. They were the flowers we used for my wedding. So pretty...

I like your tangents! Keep them up! I'm sorry you got scared by the rabbit. I would definitely have scars from that, too! (Just like my bad experience with birds!)

I love colorful socks, but I can't find them anymore. Kohls used to have the best selection and now they barely have anything fun. Although, i did just find some cute, colorful ones at Target for $1/pair and bought 3 pairs because I missed fun socks!

One of my students also made up a huge story about FI when they wanted to know more about him! Something about him being a wizard and being able to do magic... I think our students are very similar!

I have so many multiple tops! The only bad thing is that my students look at what I wear, so when they say, "Miss Ninja! I like that sweater!" I have to respond with, "I have the same one in blue too!" Haha, that way I can prepare them for the fact that yes, I do have different colors of the same clothes! Haha! Mine always say, Don't you have that shirt in blue? Do you just have like every color of that sweater!?

Haha, does anyone really NEED another bag? Of course not. Does anyone really NEED those crazy expensive Dooney & Burke bags? Nope. Will I still longingly eye all bags that come in my view? YES! I will also include a TON of bag pics at the parks and bring you down with me ;) Thanks! ;) I've already been looking at the bags...more pictures will surely mean I will end up buying one! I just need to find a print I like!

I'm glad we got to meet you two too! I immediately called out to my mom when I saw your message: "Sarah's dad is on DIS too!"

!

As you can see from my number of posts, I am a relatively infrequent visitor. But I do tend to pop in just before and after our trips.

I always go off on tangents. Feel free to ramble!

Oh, and I think that white bunny probably thought you were enjoying being scared. I just can't imagine someone wanting to scare two teenage girls on purpose. But - there are some crazy people in this world!!! :confused3

Lovin' the TR just as much as the PTR! :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry, but I was laughing so hard at the bunny incident! :rotfl::lmao: I totally get the fear though ~ I am that way with clowns! :clown: :scared:

Thankfully, I've never run into a clown at WDW. ;)

Can't wait to read about all the details (even the side stories and tangents, LOL, they are just as much fun!). :)

Really, I find it very sad that whoever was in that bunny costume got such a kick out of scaring a couple little girls half to death!

I'll accept the White Rabbit more than I would an Easter bunny though! We did see him 2-3 times on our MK day. It was interesting seeing him ... you know, from afar!

I agree! And if we were really screaming THAT much, give it up!!! And it was stinky because our parents kept telling us to calm down because they didn't want our screams to upset the toddlers who might then also get scared. Um, blame the bunny! If a bunny terrorized my kids, I'd go to the manager and tell him to get the bunny to stop!

Geez Rachel, you are putting my TR to shame! I guess I better get started. LOL.

But now you've started and I can read yours! YAY!!! :yay:

I was going to ask the same thing! :laughing:

That's horrible the person in the bunny costume terrorized you two like that! :sad2: The only costumed people I'm okay with are the ones at Disney, all the others creep me out for some reason! I've seen "Mickey" and "Elmo" a couple of times on Times Square & 34th Street, and man do they look all busted and scary! Lol!

YEAH, the Times Square characters just look so demented that it makes it even worse! I just think the environment makes them even creepier too!

Keep going off on your tangents dear. I'll keep reading every one of them and get a little chuckle out each one of them.

If that bunny would have done that too me, I would probably have a phobia a people in bunny costumes as well.

LOL....I seriously thought you were pointing out the milk sign as your first souvie. I was slightly confused. I love tulips as well. They were the flowers we used for my wedding. So pretty...

Haha, I did joke about the milk with my mom. That would've been a very unique tasting milk if we brought it for the rest of the 20 hours (including stops) in the car!!!

ok lets see if this one goes thru
(had to stop in mid message to go rescue DD--she ran out of gas)
and then it would not let me post
anyway
know what you mean about not liking any other costumed characters other than disney
glad ya'll are on your way
ps love the socks

Any time I see costume characters, I always wonder if the people inside are smiling if they're acting all happy and cheerful on the outside.

Thanks! Silly socks are just one of the simple pleasures in life!

I like your tangents! Keep them up! I'm sorry you got scared by the rabbit. I would definitely have scars from that, too! (Just like my bad experience with birds!)

I love colorful socks, but I can't find them anymore. Kohls used to have the best selection and now they barely have anything fun. Although, i did just find some cute, colorful ones at Target for $1/pair and bought 3 pairs because I missed fun socks!

One of my students also made up a huge story about FI when they wanted to know more about him! Something about him being a wizard and being able to do magic... I think our students are very similar!

Refresh my memory? I forgot why you have such a fear of birds. Weird and I just know that you do! When we went to the Tiki Room, Weird goes, "Why won't Irky come here?" and I pointed upwards, and he said, "OH." Haha, he didn't see all the birds above on the perches.

I hate it when tween places have cute socks, but they're poorly made! Like the insides are all straggly! That's probably one of the most disappointing things in life ... buying wacky socks and getting so excited about them, and then realizing they aren't good once they're on!

HAHA, love the wizard thing! It just amazes the kids to know that we have lives outside of the school!

As you can see from my number of posts, I am a relatively infrequent visitor. But I do tend to pop in just before and after our trips.

Haha, you live a normal life then. I'm on DIS way too often. Even right now, I should be finishing my lesson plans since I'm behind due to a much needed nap (tree pollen is bad in my area), but I needed to check my TR first!

I always go off on tangents. Feel free to ramble!

Oh, and I think that white bunny probably thought you were enjoying being scared. I just can't imagine someone wanting to scare two teenage girls on purpose. But - there are some crazy people in this world!!! :confused3

I never thought of it that way! Maybe the bunny thought we liked being scared like some girls do. I hope that's the case because if that person was having fun knowing that we were deathly afraid, it'd be so wrong!

Lovin' the TR just as much as the PTR! :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry, but I was laughing so hard at the bunny incident! :rotfl::lmao: I totally get the fear though ~ I am that way with clowns! :clown: :scared:

Thankfully, I've never run into a clown at WDW. ;)

Can't wait to read about all the details (even the side stories and tangents, LOL, they are just as much fun!). :)

Thanks!

I don't quite like trolls either, and I remember I once made a comment about how I'm glad that there aren't trolls walking around in Disney. Then someone said that there used to be someone in a troll costume in Norway! I've seen pictures of it too. I'm glad Disney got rid of that!

WDW is the only place I can feel relatively safe with costumed people! Well, that is if I don't see the leader of the Huns from Mulan walking around! Someone from the photography board posted that pic in a thread about rarely seen characters. So scary looking!

Haha, I thought I was an infrequent visitor! Now that I'm part of a TR, I'm coming back a lot more! It was nice meeting you!

"Is she really going to put up pictures of her socks?! Yes!"

:rotfl: You crack me up!

Aren't the cutest set of socks? Makes massaging her feet that much more fun! :rotfl:

"Is she really going to put up pictures of her socks?! Yes!"

:rotfl: You crack me up!

Haha, I'm glad I can entertain someone else besides myself :rotfl:

Haha, I thought I was an infrequent visitor! Now that I'm part of a TR, I'm coming back a lot more! It was nice meeting you!

Aren't the cutest set of socks? Makes massaging her feet that much more fun! :rotfl:

You seriously do need to be on DIS more often ;)

I'd like a foot massage right now, please! I was on my feet more than normal today! It's strange because you'd think it'd be easy for me since we spent all of last week in Disney! I guess motivation plays a huge part in being on my feet!

I have to keep an eye on Sarah's report too to make sure I am represented fairly.

I have to keep an eye on Sarah's report too to make sure I am represented fairly.

Haha, this reminds me of my mom. She was asking me what pictures I was going to post of her! She didn't want anything that would be unflattering!

Saturday, April 3: Turnpiking It

Normally when we start our drive to Florida, I'm asleep by the time we get to NJ, which isn’t that far away from NY! Haha. However, now that Weird was with us, it was even fun to be on the New Jersey Turnpike! I was taking pictures of the weirdest things, like this:

This seems like “just” a Pepsi truck, but I had to tell Weird about a DISer (I can’t remember her name now!) who would bring her own Pepsi to WDW because Coca-Cola is the sponsor. I remember she had her signature picture of her holding a bottle of Pepsi in front of the Coke products at Club Cool! Well, I told him that, and that’s why I also had to snap a picture because it technically is DIS-related!
IMG_6231.jpg

A little while later, I was getting hungry. I had only had part of a small piece of pizza for breakfast since we had leftovers from the day before (I like food-food in the morning and breakfast foods at 11pm!). We make sandwiches for the drive down so that we don’t have to stop so soon. We’ll have fast food at maybe 2pm instead of around the lunch rush.
IMG_6232.jpg

I had honey ham while Weird had turkey. We ended up swapping halves later on. I liked that we got Arnold Sandwich Thins because cold cuts in regular bread isn’t that special. Plus, it doesn’t last very long in terms of freshness. Anyway, I think these were the multi-grain ones; I saw them at Costco two days earlier and Weird had said his co-worker enjoys it, so we got them. I did really like it because it’s not too “bready.”
IMG_6233.jpg

Here’s a random picture of Matt holding his pink pillow. Haha, I believe I explained why he has a pink one. You can also see his blue Mickey head in the back on the door.
IMG_6235-1.jpg

When we were passing by Irky’s general location, I told Weird to wave goodbye! Well, actually I was waving in the opposite direction. Weird had to correct me since my geography was completely wrong!
IMG_6240.jpg

And that’s about it for tonight! The tree pollen levels have been extremely high for the past few days, so I’ve been really congested and my eyelids were heavy. I had to take a nap today after work; I haven’t done that in quite some time actually. That pushed everything back in terms of lesson planning and grading, so I didn’t get to spend as much time on an installment as I would have liked. Never fear! The weekend is approaching!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter