Week After Thanksgiving

Still feels really busy to me. But I think part of this might really be that I'm too used to WDW which has more open spaces...

We’re just at our hotel grabbing sweaters for the evening at DL. It felt really busy at DCA today! I was hoping for lower crowds this week but I guess not. We’re still managing to get lots done though and having a great time!

I don’t really want to start a new thread for this but I just had an incident while trying to get spots for the fireworks. My DD and DH we’re sitting on a curb while I was going to stash the stroller. When I came back CMs had asked them to move so they could put a bench there. One CM told us we could then sit on the bench. Next thing I know my foot has been run over my someone on a scooter trying to get up to the bench. He moves forward when I yelp, he then runs over my husband twice. Another CM comes in and says, “well they were on the bench.” And the dude in the scooter stands up and gets in my DHs face. DH did not keep his cool so well. CMs did nothing to mitigate this. Meanwhile now his whole family is yelling at me “are you dying? Did you die?” DH storms off with DD before it gets worse. I had booked them fast passes so they are hopefully on their way to Space while I sit here and try to hold our tiny spots. It’s kinda insane and today has been pretty crappy overall. And I’m generally a glass half full gal but today the machine beat me. I’m hoping tomorrow starts on a better note. But my foot still hurts and DH is over it. :(

I don’t really want to start a new thread for this but I just had an incident while trying to get spots for the fireworks. My DD and DH we’re sitting on a curb while I was going to stash the stroller. When I came back CMs had asked them to move so they could put a bench there. One CM told us we could then sit on the bench. Next thing I know my foot has been run over my someone on a scooter trying to get up to the bench. He moves forward when I yelp, he then runs over my husband twice. Another CM comes in and says, “well they were on the bench.” And the dude in the scooter stands up and gets in my DHs face. DH did not keep his cool so well. CMs did nothing to mitigate this. Meanwhile now his whole family is yelling at me “are you dying? Did you die?” DH storms off with DD before it gets worse. I had booked them fast passes so they are hopefully on their way to Space while I sit here and try to hold our tiny spots. It’s kinda insane and today has been pretty crappy overall. And I’m generally a glass half full gal but today the machine beat me. I’m hoping tomorrow starts on a better note. But my foot still hurts and DH is over it. :(

Oh no!!! We’ve had a not so great day either. Fingers crossed tomorrow is better for both of us

Today was even more busy. After doing DCA yesterday we hit Disney today. Easily hit star tours, Buzz and space mountain by 9 am but then it started standing. Weird thing is the rides didn’t seem that busy but the crowds were and by 7:30 if you didn’t have a reservation good luck getting a good restaurant. I was looking at the wait times for DCA.

65 guardian
155 RSR
105 soarin

We got lucky yesterday.

Tomorrow is our last day in the park so we’re hoping Haunted Mansion will be open. I know they won’t say why it’s closed but being closed for two straight days sucks

Today was deff busy. We had less crowds Friday/sat/Sunday then we have had Monday and Tuesday.

Today was our last day. We left about 7pm becuse we were done people-ing. We’ve had an amazing trip but deff tapped out today after 5 days.

It feels like wait times have been getting worse and worse since Sunday. And more and more rides are going down... RSR went down near the end of the day, and this made the lines for all other rides in DCA nuts. Soarin went up to 115 minutes with a FP line stretching way out (because I guess everyone who had an RSR FP went there). And with the ride closures (Indy for planned closure, HM for unplanned closure, and other random rides going down now and then) there are less places for people to go...

On the upside, I realise I have an absolutely fantastic view of the fireworks from my hotel room. Just watched it from the room, and I have a better view of them than I did way down on Main Street last night! Just no projections or music...

Agree with all above! More crowded than expected, and rides down.

We flew in today and were in DCA by 5. Did everything stand by, and wasn’t too bad.

Enjoyed the fireworks by the Rivers of America. Happy to walk right on the Toy Story Shuttle at 10:45 pm and back to our room at Homewood Suites in record time.

Erin, I am so sorry you and your family were treated so horribly! That is so upsetting and just wrong. Here’s hoping for a wonderful Wednesday for all of us! (before the rain on Thursday!)

...On the upside, I realise I have an absolutely fantastic view of the fireworks from my hotel room. Just watched it from the room, and I have a better view of them than I did way down on Main Street last night! Just no projections or music...
Which hotel are you in? And which floor? Can't help with the projections, but you can get the music by having a YouTube video of the "Believe in Holiday Magic" fireworks ready to go when the show starts. If you time it right, you should be in close enough sync for the music to work while you watch the show from your room.

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you and your family! Please report this to Disney (either at City Hall or through the website). Tell exactly what happened, when, where, CMs involved (description, names if you have them, etc.), how it affected you and your family, what could have gone better, etc. Disney needs to know what's going on in the parks and that CMs aren't being proactive to prevent incidents like this from happening. If you are still in pain, go to First Aid and tell the nurses there what happened. They should be able to help you, at least by giving you an ice pack for the pain and bruising. Hope tomorrow is a much, much better day!

My in-laws had a good time yesterday, but I'm bummed for them that they didn't get to ride HM. They did really well for a one day trip, though, and we're taking them out to dinner Saturday, so we'll get the full lowdown on their trip then.

That’s terrible!! I hope today is better for you. I can’t believe the crowds this week!! Thank goodness for MaxPass!

We have come the week after Thanksgiving for the last 5 years and have never seen crowds like this. We’re staying on site so at least the extra morning hour in DCA helped us today and we are doing max pass. But just navigating the crowds is exhausting. We’ve had a good time but sad it’s been so busy as we’ve always had pretty light crowds this week. And I know it’s going to be even worse with Star Wars Land coming!

Today has been so much better. After a short closure HM came back up and my 5 year olds wildest dreams came true. We did have Toy Story go down on us during EMH, thankfully this time the CMs gave us ME passes to use later.

I got to eat my beloved Monte Cristo and everyone has been in pretty good spirits today.

The park feels better. Still busy but better. I’m actaully looking forward to the rain tomorrow. It won’t be perfect but I know many will just avoid if, and being Oregonians we can handle it.

We’re heading over tomorrow with 3 goals; shop, IASW, and holiday treats. Hoping the rain scares off some locals. I’m local so I can say that. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter