Week After Thanksgiving

I know that we also saw two different shows last week, but I thought Tuesday night had the full show and Wednesday was the first time I saw the abbreviated show (and then again on Friday). I looked through my photos and Tuesday night had the Mickey head effect, the smiling faces for the Two Front Teeth sequence, and big red and green bursts. Wednesday's show did not have those elements.
We also saw the Friday show. I thought something wasn’t right because it seemed way dialed back from what we typically see from a Disney fireworks show.

I know that we also saw two different shows last week, but I thought Tuesday night had the full show and Wednesday was the first time I saw the abbreviated show (and then again on Friday). I looked through my photos and Tuesday night had the Mickey head effect, the smiling faces for the Two Front Teeth sequence, and big red and green bursts. Wednesday's show did not have those elements.
Duh me. You're right. We got in late Tuesday. Our first park day was Wednesday. That's the day I meant.

It seems like last week was just a really off week for DLR. So many of us encountered rides down, shows not showing, the Disney Jr. Dance Party was canceled at its 10:30 start time. We just happened to be walking by and I felt so bad for all those people in line. It felt like things like that were happening all over the place. I don’t ever remember having so many ME passes due to down rides. While nice for the most part we still lost some because the breakdowns made other lines unreasonable. And omg, when they announced that Fantasmic was going to be late, I was about to lose it. They had already made us wait until 8:15 just to go to our seats.

While it was still magical and I love that place like nothing else, I’ll admit is was hard to look back at my total bill. I have a four day trip in Feb that I hope kind of redeems things. I’ll be with coworkers who have never been and I want the parks to show them the magic.

I do want to say that I did have a pixie dust moment that saved a really rough day. I stopped at a food kiosk at DCA at 7:45Pm to order the marshmallow macaroon, they were sold out. I must have looked defeated ( I felt it!) because the kind lady grabbed one from the freezer meant for the next day and gave me one, no charge. And it was delicious.

Oh so sad it’s over!! I feel like a kid on the day after Christmas.

It’s been fun to anticipate our trip with fellow Disneyland enthusiasts, thanks!

I have to laugh about the husband comment Erin! It’s a lot of pressure to hope the hubby enjoys it enough to make it worth it. I felt that way with our Fantasmic BB package. When the announcement of the show being delayed.. I thought they were canceling it... a scary moment after fighting for a place and sitting on the ground for 45 minutes! I will write a separate review... but the summary would be the show was great, but the rest and the price not so much.

Having gone the same week 2 years ago, I was surprised at the crowds. Time for me to finally admit that weekends might actually be better- such a difficult mindset shift!!

Bottom line, still such a magical time! I love the Christmas decorations, and my hubby and I have the time of our lives!
Ugh. That moment when they made the announcement at Fantasmic. My heart dropped. I had this panic, like how do I explain another failure away??? I’m sorry the BB wasn’t the best. I’m curious to read your review.

When the announcement of the show being delayed.. I thought they were canceling it...
Did this happen on Friday? They announced that due to some unexpected issues fireworks would be delayed and I thought I heard the F! finale go off a bit later than normal. I was wondering if F! was delayed, then it pushed back the start time of the fireworks, which in turn meant they ran the reduced show so that they wouldn't run late (past whatever cut-off time there is for the show).

Duh me. You're right. We got in late Tuesday. Our first park day was Wednesday. That's the day I meant.
I do that to...lose track of the days! :rotfl:

I kind of wonder if the reduced show has two purposes. The first is that they can run this show under more adverse conditions because there aren't as many (any?) of the big/high fireworks. This might mean they can still present a show on most nights. While long-time guests will notice the differences, plenty of other guests won't know they aren't seeing the "full" show. It would mean less disappointment and less complaint at City Hall. In the end, isn't half a show better than no show? The second is that it might get guests more used to seeing smaller fireworks and more projection heavy shows in the future (as they've announced they'll be doing next year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter