Week After Thanksgiving

Erin, that’s terrible! I’m glad your day was better today.

We’ve been using Max Pass and LOVE it!! I’m hoping someone here might be able to help me. We’ve had it two days and have been using the photo code when getting pictures taken. NONE of the pictures are showing up! (Only the ride pics that I enter the code for) Aren’t they supposed to load directly to my account, and I should be able to view from the app?

We’ve been using Max Pass and LOVE it!! I’m hoping someone here might be able to help me. We’ve had it two days and have been using the photo code when getting pictures taken. NONE of the pictures are showing up! (Only the ride pics that I enter the code for) Aren’t they supposed to load directly to my account, and I should be able to view from the app?
Yes, I’d go to one of the photo centers and ask them to help you figure out what’s going on.

I’ve never had much luck with photos on max pass.

Today (Wednesday) was our first day in the parks with a late start. It was not bad at all once we got in ... until about noon. Hopped over to CA and it was swamped. DL was busy tonight. We had a disorganized and jet lagged day and didn’t accomplish as much as we usually do.

Tomorrow is my son’s 18th birthday. He’s already asleep. Hoping for an early start, and we have Plaza Inn breakfast at 9:30. We are wearing matching shirts for the first time ever. All 4 shirts say “I don’t do matching shirts.”

Today was our first day in the Parks. I really expected a slow day but that wasn't the case at all. Another guest said she had talked to a cast member who explained what was going on. She said today was the final day cast members friends and family could use the passes they had available to them until January. So they had a lot of traffic from those cast member passes. Between that ending and the rain starting tomorrow it should be a pretty slow day if you can stand to the parks in the rain. I guess we'll see. We're going to suit up and head out in the morning.

Last edited:
This makes sense. I had a real sense today that there were more locals in the park than usual. Folks who like to take it slow because they’ve been a million times and just want to take it in. Also saw some people turned away at the gate because their cast member wasn’t with them.

Today also seemed to be 75% strollers and scooters. Lol

The staff seems grumpy and exhausted.

But it was nowhere near as busy as that day I was here in July.

Today was our first day in the Parks. I really expected a slow day but that wasn't the case at all. When I spoke with someone in the park said they had talked to a cast member who explained what was going on. She said today was the final day cast members friends and family could use the passes they had available to them until January. So they had a lot of traffic from those cast member passes. Between that ending and the rain starting tomorrow should be a pretty slow day if you can stand to the parks in the rain. I guess we'll see. We're going to suit up and head out in the morning.
Thanks for the explaination, that makes total sense. We’ve got our ponchos and are ready to brace the rain today with (hopefully) lower crowds!

Anybody else heading out in the rain today? I cancelled our Plaza in parade viewing package because the rain was just such a wild card. But we intend to head out early entry in about an hour.

This makes sense. I had a real sense today that there were more locals in the park than usual. Folks who like to take it slow because they’ve been a million times and just want to take it in. Also saw some people turned away at the gate because their cast member wasn’t with them.

Today also seemed to be 75% strollers and scooters. Lol

The staff seems grumpy and exhausted.

But it was nowhere near as busy as that day I was here in July.
We were trying to get pictures with characters in Town Square and there was a group of what had to be cast members or cast member friends monopolizing the time of many characters. So annoying. Chip and Dale came out as a pair. The line was closed the first time we got there so we hung around to wait for them to come out again. But there was a group of young adults very chummy with the handlers lurking by the character entrance. I'm pretty sure one of them was Dale's girlfriend. She monopolized the pair for at least 10 minutes (no exaggeration) of their 30 minute set before anybody else could see them. They took pictures in several spots along the way and Dale was a little too handsy for a character I would say. They were having a grand old time lifting their shirts for each other.

If I didn't know better I'd say the girl taking most of their time was the same girl seated right ahead of us at Plaza Inn two years ago. Exact same scenario and she looked very familiar. Only at Plaza Inn she played games of Pictionary with Chip and Dale right before coming to our table. Which sort of trapped us at our table because you can't wait to go get food when a character is at the next table over ready to see you next.

Anybody else heading out in the rain today? I cancelled our Plaza in parade viewing package because the rain was just such a wild card. But we intend to head out early entry in about an hour.
We’re headed out in the rain! Be there for opening and our BBB package is today at 10. Thinking we’ll hang with the princesses after if the line isn’t too bad.

Have a good day everyone!!

We were trying to get pictures with characters in Town Square and there was a group of what had to be cast members or cast member friends monopolizing the time of many characters. So annoying. Chip and Dale came out as a pair. The line was closed the first time we got there so we hung around to wait for them to come out again. But there was a group of young adults very chummy with the handlers lurking by the character entrance. I'm pretty sure one of them was Dale's girlfriend. She monopolized the pair for at least 10 minutes (no exaggeration) of their 30 minute set before anybody else could see them. They took pictures in several spots along the way and Dale was a little too handsy for a character I would say. They were having a grand old time lifting their shirts for each other.
If you send a detailed report, there will probably be a different person playing Chip next time that you visit.

We’re heading out this evening.

We got here for early entry as well, and are rocking the ponchos! I’ve never seen so many ponchos!! We have Minnie’s breakfast at the Plaza in an hour so hopefully we can dry off a bit.

We got halfway to the park today and decided to be flexible and take our off day today instead of Saturday. I’m sure we’re missing some light crowds, but I didn’t think the rest of my party would have been able to handle the rain and chilly winds.

We got here for early entry as well, and are rocking the ponchos! I’ve never seen so many ponchos!! We have Minnie’s breakfast at the Plaza in an hour so hopefully we can dry off a bit.
I'm so glad you came over and introduced herself. It was great to meet you! I hope you have a great day and the weather holds out for both of us.

We were there at the same time! Characters were extra cute today and I thought the food had improved.

We got halfway to the park today and decided to be flexible and take our off day today instead of Saturday. I’m sure we’re missing some light crowds, but I didn’t think the rest of my party would have been able to handle the rain and chilly winds.
It was brutal this morning. Not a bad call. It’s just now clearing off. My kids went back to the room after breakfast and dad and I did the rides they hate. ;)

I’m home now. Yesterday was much better than Tuesday. As usual we had some good things and not so good things happen but overall it was a great trip. I hope everyone else has a great rest of their week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter