• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wearing makeup to the parks

I really don't care if my make up melts off, I would never go in public without putting my face on first. If it all smeared and melted at least I'd know I'd tried!

I have dark circles under my eyes that no concealer seemed to help at all, so I wear make-up daily unless I am sick. :) I asked my dermatologist if there was anything that he could recommend, and he told me to use smart cover make-up. It is by the same people who make dermablend, which is used to cover up tattoos or scars and it is wonderful. This is the only make-up that I have used that doesn't melt away in the heat and humidity and covers up every little skin imperfection without looking cakey.

I also love that it comes with a tube of color lightener so that I can adjust the shades darker or lighter depending on how much sun I've been exposed to. If you google smart cover, you can find their website.

Quote:

Oh, yeah! What is THAT about??? I had just been saying I need an anti-aging, anti-zit skin care and then I found Olay has it! So that's the moisturizer that I now use.

OK Miss Kimmy, what Olay product????????????? I've got lots of CVS ECBs to burn.......

Not only do I wear makeup to WDW, but I go full faced to the beach too!:confused3 I wear Bare Escentuals, so I figure there's some extra spf in it. I've never came home with a red face even during the summer at WDW. Eyeliner and mascara is from Blinc. It doesn't budge. I can even go to the waterparks with it on. Lipgloss is usually from BE or some glossblossom from avon. DH just shakes his head, tells me I don't need it. Like some of you, I was always told a lady does not go out without her face on. Plus, with me being a local, you never know who you are going to run into. My students get freaked out enough just seeing me in shorts and t-shirts.

I haven't read through the entire thread, but I have some pointers!

Mineral Powder Make- up or a Tinted Moisturizer
Waterproof Mascara
Lip Gloss

These are what I intend to wear. And a cream shadow (which is waterproof).
http://www.marykay.com/awinkler7/color/eyes/mksignatureeyesicles/default.aspx

To be precise I will wear Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation, Mary Kay Eyesicles in Vanilla, MK Waterproof Mascara, and MK Gloss in either Beach Bronze, Melon Sorbet, or Pink Diamonds. I may also wear a bit of bronzer, as we have some great new mineral ones!!
http://www.marykay.com/awinkler7/color/cheeks/marykaymineralbronzingpowder/default.aspx
This look provides coverage, subtle color, looks natural, and won't melt off!
I also wear MK Day Solution under my foundation, as it contains SPF 25.

For those of you with Oil issues, try MK Beauty Blotters! They remove oil, but not make-up and you get 75 for $5! They are very easy to fit in your park bag!
http://www.marykay.com/awinkler7/skincare/specificneeds/10013151/10013151/default.aspx

BTW, you can keep your face clean, fight acne, fight aging, and moisturize! PM me and ask me how!

Good luck girls!

I started teaching skincare with Mary Kay as a way to occupy my mind when I lost my son. It is a fabulous opportunity and I have made some amazing friends and learned a lot along the way. Thanks Mary Kay!

There is just something about Mary Kay that doesn't work for me......I have a vision of what a Mary Kay wearer is & I don't match my vision at all.
I also think it is more popular in certain parts of the country.

There is just something about Mary Kay that doesn't work for me......I have a vision of what a Mary Kay wearer is & I don't match my vision at all.
I also think it is more popular in certain parts of the country.

Some interesting reading about Mary Kay http://www.pinktruth.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=54&Itemid=45

I do think it is more popular in the South than on the West Coast. I actually don't know anyone in the SF Bay Area who sells Mary Kay. I'm sure that there are some, but it's not popular out here due to the religious aspect of the company.

Back on topic, for those who wear a tinted foundation, how do you adjust it as your skin gets tanned or burned :eek: during your Disney trip? Is there a tinted foundation with a high SPF that won't melt off?

The one thing I like about BE is that I can blend it really well all the way down my neck and chest to avoid my face looking one color and my neck the rest. I haven't had a reaction to anything in BE, even with California heat, but now I'm all worried about it happening in Florida! Ya all almost have me convinced to wear a little makeup to the parks this time. :rotfl:

I really don't care if my make up melts off, I would never go in public without putting my face on first. If it all smeared and melted at least I'd know I'd tried!

GREAT OUTLOOK! that's what my friends and i are prepared for!!
we're going to have the mac liquidlast liner i proposed (100% that it will NOT melt off)

my friends are going to attempt to put on SPF foundation and such, . but they aren't going to reapply as the day goes on . . i mean, it's not like anyone REALLY knows u there hahahaha and i doubt ppl looking at your pictures are going to take a look and then go ' OMGG UR NOT WEARING FOUNDATION? ugh, . . what is wrong with u??"

lol :rotfl:

dang i forgot to add

i read in COSMOPOLITAN before, and also from hairdresser that if your hair is good, then that already makes you look 80% good/better. So, . . i it's hot, wear it back in a nice ponytail and just look kempt, . . . doing so will require LESS make up to take good souvenir pictures~~

i mean, it's not like anyone REALLY knows u there hahahaha and i doubt ppl looking at your pictures are going to take a look and then go ' OMGG UR NOT WEARING FOUNDATION? ugh, . . what is wrong with u??"

lol :rotfl:

That's exactly what I've always thought! The pictures I've had taken of myself and sent to friends and family, may not have been my looking my absolute best and most attractive. However, to a person, everyone has said "You look so happy!!".
Ya! I'm at the happiest place on earth and a big smile is the best makeup ever. :bitelip:

It acts as sunscreen! if it has SPF anyway.

And my naked face is not suitable for public viewing. Ever.

I've learned in the past that a painted face doesn't last long for me in the Florida heat. The past 2 trips I just go with L'Oreal's Bare Naturale Powder Foundation, a tinge of blush (because I'm extremely fair skinned), waterproof mascara, and chapstick/lip gloss. I try to look as decent as possible for my photos. :cutie:

If you can take on DW with the full treatment, more power to you. You have more luck than I do. :earboy2:

Bare Escentuals -- even after Splash Mountain and Kali soaked me, it was still the same as when I left our hotel that am!

I just used the bisque concealer, tinted mineral veil, warmth, a nude eyeshadow, waterproof eyeliner/mascara and a gloss.

I'm a make-up wearer too. I guess it's a Southern girl thing. Plus, I don't have the good fortune of being one of those women who look good and "natural" without anything on. Some of us just need a little help - and there is certainly nothing wrong with trying to look nice for other people, even if you don't know them.

I know you all swear by that Bare Minerals stuff. But I have oily skin and it just gets yucky on me.

Because of my oily skin and the heat when it comes to my skin I just use concealer under the eyes and maybe a smudge of water based foundation just on the eyelids and under the eye ( to help makeup stick) and then a light dusting of powder. And bring a cotton ball dipped into some astringent ( like clean and clear or sea Breeze ) in a ziplock baggie and blot my face later in the day. It kills any bacteria so I dont get breakouts and makes my face feel clean.

I use Revlon Colorstay for lipliner and eyeliner. Although I will try that new eyeliner on QVC . Most of the long last lipsticks work great as well and stay put all day.

I am going to try out that tube mascara stuff u guys keep talking about .

Maybe I will do a makeup report along with my trip report when I get back to let you guys know how it held up. Its going to be darn hot I know that! The ultimate test!

I would love to see a makeup trip report! I also have oily skin and mineral makeup was horrible for me. And I agree that Revlon colorstay eyeliner is great, really stays put.

This is what I don't get:

If I told you I was going to a "place" with 30,000 people I have never met, and at said "place" I would have to have my pic taken at leat 49 times, . . . but I don't need any makeup (when I normally wear makeup everday), you would want to know what was up

WDW is a place with 30,000 people you don't know and you will have your picture taken there more than you probably will for the whole year put together. Why wouldn't you want to at least try to look your best???:confused3

Make up wearer here!! I think I might try this Bare Minerals you all are referring to. Sounds like a real winner.

haha well i agree that you should try to look good, . i mean, ur going to be looking at these pictures later!! lol

but just don't be toooo crazed abt it, . i mean, . let's enjoy some of those hidden mickeys instead of worrying about your concealer not covering your bags enuff

haha u no what i told my friends as a joke?? I told them, . . ." hmmm i wonder if we can wear foundation? I mean sure, for the first 1 or 2 days, . but after that, our foundation tone might be too light for our burnt skin"

hahaha:rotfl:

has that ever happened to anyone?? just wondering

Okay, what is this Bare Escentuals you all are talking up so much? Is this the one on the infomercials, or is that Bare Minerals? Like I said I have tried the powder mineral thing by revlon, I think, though maybe it was someone elses, like loreal or something. Anyway, who makes it or where do you get it? I always have trouble matching a foundation to my skin tone, it's light but not so light as the almost whitish pales, or they are too dark and tannish. Btw, I asked my DD17 about makeup and she couldn't think of any reason why one wouldn't wear makeup in the parks if they do all other days, so her vote is also for makeup. Of course, she's a teen who likes some makeup, but not too much. Thanks! :goodvibes

I tend to go in August, September and late May. NO way, no how am I wearing foundation in 90+ heat and humidity. Not only does it look bad, it is so uncomfortable when it starts melting. I'm lucky in that I'm brown skinned and pretty even tone so I can skip the foundation. I don't even like the way lipstick feels when it's hot and sticky. Some lip gloss for a little shine and that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter