Wearing makeup to the parks

This is what I don't get:

If I told you I was going to a "place" with 30,000 people I have never met, and at said "place" I would have to have my pic taken at leat 49 times, . . . but I don't need any makeup (when I normally wear makeup everday), you would want to know what was up

WDW is a place with 30,000 people you don't know and you will have your picture taken there more than you probably will for the whole year put together. Why wouldn't you want to at least try to look your best???:confused3

Make up wearer here!! I think I might try this Bare Minerals you all are referring to. Sounds like a real winner.

That's what I'm saying. I wish I was one of those people who look good w/o it. I stopped by a friends once when I didn't have any on (don't know what I was thinking) and the first thing she asked me was "what's wrong, are you sick???". If I don't have any on, I look deathly ill. WHITE lips. Dark circles. And I look like I've been pulling out my eye lashes and eye brows. NOT a good look in ANY way!

I love :love: BE makeup! I get mine at Ulta.

You're assuming that I don't look my best without make up? ;)

I prefer the au naturel look (many, many women wear too much make up to begin with) and I don't think melting make-up is attractive on anyone, regardless of what you started the day off with on your face.

I'm happy with what I look like in my photos, but I also have long dark lashes and a nice natural lip color, so even without makeup, I look nice. :goodvibes

You are one of the fortunate ones. I wish that was the case for me. :( although, when I get my lashes and brows dyed, it's not so bad. ;)
And I've never had a problem with my makeup melting since I've switched to BE. :lovestruc

my skin has become so dry recently so I am trying to find new foundation that will go on smooth for very dry skin. Any suggestions? Does the bare escuntials work good on dry skin too?

Aksunshine, your makeup for the parks looks great!

Just my two cents for the posters who like minerals , if you like Bare minerals try everyday minerals . But you can only buy onlineI think. It is about half the cost and is way better in my opinion. Instead of accentuating pores {as I found BE did} they cover them. It is very pure. It does protect from the sun some by itself [ like, maybe an SPF or 15 in my opinion, but also you can buy their sunscreen which is tinted and provides more protection. This stuff is beauty in a jar, and no, I do not sell it. I should! You can order their free sample kit and they only charge for shipping and you can try 3 different colors/formulas and also I think a concealer and a powder too. HTH! :cutie:

Aww...Thanks!:cutie: And :welcome: to the DIS!!!

I too use the MK line and love it. I find their minerals work best for me. And I will admit that I'm not up on any religious aspect of the company, nor do I want to be, but I do like their products and I do not look like I scream Mary Kay, if you know what I mean :rotfl: . But I WILL say that if you go to a MK party, do NOT say you may be interested in being a saleswoman at any time in your life - either this one or several incarnations later - because you WILL be pursued relentlessly!! I know this for a fact because it happened (and is still happening) to me!::furious: If you can order the products through one of their catalogs that's the way to go. And with all of the above being said, I do recommend this product line, it gives you a flawless finish. And I'll be bringing my "arsenal" with me to WDW in August so I can let you guys know how MK holds up with sweat!

I am so sorry about that consultant. We aren't all like that, I promise! We have an excellent product, and I will tell you, although I am a Christian, I don't feel you should be pressured into MK beliefs on God first, family second, career third, it works well for me most of the time, but to each her own!

BTW, you can order off of your consultant's webpage, if she has one! The link to mine is in my siggy!

my skin has become so dry recently so I am trying to find new foundation that will go on smooth for very dry skin. Any suggestions? Does the bare escuntials work good on dry skin too?

Yes. For everyday, MK Full coverage foundation. It is a lightweight liquid that also hydrates for 6 hours. Or MK Day Radiance Cream Foundation, for extremely dry skin! For the park, definatly a tinted moisturizer, MK has one with SPF 20! A mineral powder is likely going to feel very dry to you!:goodvibes

I do wear makeup to the parks. I have very pale skin (even when I go to get a Mystic Tan, you can barely tell) and my face looks washed out if I don't add a bit of color. Also, I don't have the smoothest complexion so I like a bit of powder foundation. It just makes me feel more comfortable with myself. It has little to do with wanting to impress thousands of people. It's more to do with the pictures we take at WDW. I like to make photo albums for vacations and I don't want to be the only one throughout the album looking haggard. :rotfl:

I use Amazing Cosmetics loose powder foundation (similar to Bare Minerals, but it leaves my face feeling less oily), a bit of blush, and a tinted SPF lip balm. Sometimes I'll wear mascara (my eyelashes are very light). If my face feels oily in the heat, I use blotting sheets by Boscia. The packet is about the size of a credit card, so very easy to tote around.

I am actually a makeup artist (used to work for MAC, worked in salons, etc), and I RELISH the times that I DON'T HAVE TO wear makeup! :cool1:

It feels so great to let my skin breathe. So, needless to say, when on vacation, I don't wear makeup. The most I will do on a park day is a quick swipe of lipgloss. If I happen to be going to a nice dinner, or DTD, then I will maybe add a little eyeliner and mascara to that. But that's it... :)

I wear makeup everywhere I go and try not to leave the house without it!! :rotfl2: I even put on fresh lipstick to go to the grocery store ((OK, so its not really lipstick, tinted lipbalm by Burts Bees)). :lmao: It drives my hubby crazy!! But as I tell him, I want to look my best and could really careless what others really think - I do it for ME. I am not a full on glamor queen, but I like to look nice and when at WDW or family evenst and such, I want to be happy with the pictures that are taken while at WDW. Not llok back and say "Oh My Gawd!! What was I thinking!!??" ;)

I start with tinted facial moisturizer with SPF 30, then concealer under my eyes, bronzer/blush and eye shadow and eye pencil. End with mascara and tinted chapstick. Lastly, I blow dry my hair and use a curling brush, and thats about it - from getting out of the shower, apply body lostion and getting dresses - 25-30 minutes tops. I feel for all that I do for my family, 2 jobs and keeping house and bills in order, I am allowed this. I am not going to make excuses because of my dark circles, not so long lashes, or freckly face, as thats who I really am. I work hard to stay in shape and eat right. It makes me feel good from the inside out.

BTW: I really like Psyicians Formula stuff... Thats mostly what I use.

I have not read all of the responces and will go back through tonight when I get home ((yes, I am at work right now getting a little bit of my daily Disney Fix :confused3 ))

I was just reading an article in Family Circle about staying cool and it suggested a product called Cosmedicine medi-matte oil control spray....don't know much about it, but it doesn't "sound" inexpensive. However, if it has SPF, I would be willing to give it a try. It is a spray and it says it "minimizes the appearance of pores and mattifies the t-zone for hours". Sounds like a winner. Maybe I will give it a trial run before we leave. My skin is not as oily as it used to be, but all bets are off when it is humid (as it is here today in Philly)!!! :faint: And my mascara is always Maybelline Great Lash waterproof in brownish-black and has been since I was 16. It has never failed me.

I found the posts about MK to be amusing. I became a sales rep just so I can order the products at half price! I was spending way too much on MK because I love it. So, doing the math I realize that it benefits me to be an MK rep. I have sold some products, and it is fun to sell, order, and play with the makeup.;)

I wear makeup everywhere I go and try not to leave the house without it!! :rotfl2: I even put on fresh lipstick to go to the grocery store ((OK, so its not really lipstick, tinted lipbalm by Burts Bees)). :lmao: It drives my hubby crazy!! But as I tell him, I want to look my best and could really careless what others really think - I do it for ME. I am not a full on glamor queen, but I like to look nice and when at WDW or family evenst and such, I want to be happy with the pictures that are taken while at WDW. Not llok back and say "Oh My Gawd!! What was I thinking!!??" ;)

HEY!! THAT'S EXACTLY MY PROBLEM, . . . i honestly don't lik ehaving a lot of foundation and cover on my face BUT, i have to have the bare minimal - EYELINER for sure, a bit of gloss, and a bit of blush. I actually dont' like mascara cuz i ALWAYS SMUDGES!!!

anyway, . . . there are time when i have decided to just forego make up, . . came back and became depressed looking at my pictures cuz i looK HORRIBLE. . . . it's not good for memories when you htink u look so gross!

But it's true, . . If you do want to put on make up, . . DO IT FOR YOURSELF!!! and don't let people tell you otherwise. Everyone is different But i honestly don't think you should make up for the 30,000 people there. . . . do it for yourself, your family and your memories~

And if you dont' want to do it, that's awesome too!!~~

I was just reading an article in Family Circle about staying cool and it suggested a product called Cosmedicine medi-matte oil control spray....don't know much about it, but it doesn't "sound" inexpensive. However, if it has SPF, I would be willing to give it a try. It is a spray and it says it "minimizes the appearance of pores and mattifies the t-zone for hours". Sounds like a winner. Maybe I will give it a trial run before we leave. My skin is not as oily as it used to be, but all bets are off when it is humid (as it is here today in Philly)!!! :faint: And my mascara is always Maybelline Great Lash waterproof in brownish-black and has been since I was 16. It has never failed me.

It is pretty expensive... like $40 something I think at Sephora. You can try a free sample with another purchase from sephora.com (offer code medimatte1 or medimatte4 can't remember which). You might be able to also get a sample in the store, and you could always try it on at the store. It does look like good stuff and I want to try it myself.

I am actually a makeup artist (used to work for MAC, worked in salons, etc), and I RELISH the times that I DON'T HAVE TO wear makeup! :cool1:

It feels so great to let my skin breathe. So, needless to say, when on vacation, I don't wear makeup. The most I will do on a park day is a quick swipe of lipgloss. If I happen to be going to a nice dinner, or DTD, then I will maybe add a little eyeliner and mascara to that. But that's it... :)

Well, you look like you'd be really beautiful without makeup.

Me? Not so much.

I only wear Maybelline Pure make-up (which is 50% water and stays put and isn't uncomfortable) and chapstick. I felt very comfortable, like I had nothing on my face.

While we are on the subject, Can anyone recommend a good concealer? I want something that will cover dark undereye circles AND acne scarring.:)

It is pretty expensive... like $40 something I think at Sephora. You can try a free sample with another purchase from sephora.com (offer code medimatte1 or medimatte4 can't remember which). You might be able to also get a sample in the store, and you could always try it on at the store. It does look like good stuff and I want to try it myself.

Thanks! That is expensive, so I will try the sample route.

While we are on the subject, Can anyone recommend a good concealer? I want something that will cover dark undereye circles AND acne scarring.:)

MK has a good concealer, but why not try to target the problem? For your dark circles, we have a Targeted Eye Revitalizer that diminishes dark circles and fights puffiness!

For your scaring, I do recommend a concealer, but for dask circles, I recommend MK Facial Highlighting Pen. This nifty tool will help brighten, not just cover-up your dark spots.

Hmm. I might need to trot over to the mall later!
My skin is so oily it doesn't matter WHAT I put on it, it is always shiny. I have some Clinique products that are supposed to minimize the pores and control oil but they don't work. I will go see if this stuff is any better! I have tried the mineral make-up and it doesn't look any better than anything else I have tried, so no need to invest more money in stuff I won't use!

HEY!! THAT'S EXACTLY MY PROBLEM, . . . i honestly don't lik ehaving a lot of foundation and cover on my face BUT, i have to have the bare minimal - EYELINER for sure, a bit of gloss, and a bit of blush. I actually dont' like mascara cuz i ALWAYS SMUDGES!!!

anyway, . . . there are time when i have decided to just forego make up, . . came back and became depressed looking at my pictures cuz i looK HORRIBLE. . . . it's not good for memories when you htink u look so gross!

But it's true, . . If you do want to put on make up, . . DO IT FOR YOURSELF!!! and don't let people tell you otherwise. Everyone is different But i honestly don't think you should make up for the 30,000 people there. . . . do it for yourself, your family and your memories~

And if you dont' want to do it, that's awesome too!!~~

:thumbsup2 Thanks for the support!

Well, you look like you'd be really beautiful without makeup.

Me? Not so much.

Awww... how sweet... :flower3:

I actually don't think I'm beautiful with OR without makeup. I just think I look closer to my actual age with makeup on. I'm 30 years old, but people never really guess my true age just by looking at me. Even with makeup on, the oldest people ever guess is about 26. Without makeup, I look about 16... :rotfl:

And by the way... I'm sure you're beautiful with or without makeup! :hug:

I don't go out without make-up. Mind you, if you look at me you probably wouldn't even realize I have it on. For Disney I buy the long-wear foundation...it really is sweat-proof. Ditto water resistant mascara and liner.

Trust me, the general population has never done anything to deserve seeing me without make-up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter