We had a GRAND trip to Disneyland! March 2014 TR NEW 7/29 p.12

cont.
It was time to ride the racers!!!
This may have been the only picture from this ride.

The car on the left side won again!! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this may very well be the BEST. RIDE. EVER!!!!!

We headed to Bugs Land next. The girls rode Flik’s Flyers balloon ride

I love all the details in here - it's so cute!

We passed by the RSR Fastpass location. I noticed this:

At this time:

Then we headed over to Buena Vista Street for some shopping.

Dooneys

Should have stocked up on this stuff!

cont. in next post

The Soarin’ return time for FPs was too late, so we skipped that. We watched the trolley show come by (very cute).

Then we headed to the Aladdin show.

I had heard good things about this and really wanted to catch it. But the fates did not allow at this time. We were just in the line and they announced that show was cancelled! So we changed our plans and headed to Disneyland! (LOVE those park hoppers and the close proximity of the parks!)

Great updates, Sheree. I love the pic of the girls in front of Mr. Potato Head and the one of the three of you. :)

Amazing how that Frozen stuff is still flying off the shelf!

If we get to Disneyland next year, you have certainly gotten me excited for Radiator Springs.

Great photos as you walked around.

What is that you had for breakfast with the bananas on top?

Great updates, Sheree. I love the pic of the girls in front of Mr. Potato Head and the one of the three of you. :)

Amazing how that Frozen stuff is still flying off the shelf!

If we get to Disneyland next year, you have certainly gotten me excited for Radiator Springs.

Great photos as you walked around.

What is that you had for breakfast with the bananas on top?

Thanks Kathy!
Have I raved about RSR enough? :lmao:

It was Brioche French Toast
Baked and served with Salted Caramel Sauce and Bananas. $7.99
And OH MY was it yummy!!!!!

I heard that Flo's is no longer serving breakfast. It wasn't very busy, I suppose everyone was in line for RSR. Maybe they should just open around 10 when people start coming off the ride!?!

RSR is an excellent ride! When we went, we went to Bugs land and entered Carsland through there. It was like a short cut and we beat the crowds. It would have worked perfectly if the ride had not shut down. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Bugsland, I know it is more "kiddie ride" but I love the theming there. So cool!

Aladdin is one of if not my ABSOLUTE favorite show. I am sorry you missed it. :sad2:

Breakfast is always a great alternative when the standby line is too long. That looks so yummy!

I'm glad you got such a great FP return time. All FP's gone by 11 am. Yikes! :faint:

The RSR does look like a super cool ride. Can't wait to try it!

I think it's pretty cool (and I may have said this somewhere already) that you can actually get through TSM in a reasonable time.

Note to self - avoid park with EMH!

Great update!

RSR is an excellent ride! When we went, we went to Bugs land and entered Carsland through there. It was like a short cut and we beat the crowds. It would have worked perfectly if the ride had not shut down. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Bugsland, I know it is more "kiddie ride" but I love the theming there. So cool!

Aladdin is one of if not my ABSOLUTE favorite show. I am sorry you missed it. :sad2:
Oooh, that's clever! Don't feel too bad, this was not our only opportunity to see Aladdin!

Breakfast is always a great alternative when the standby line is too long. That looks so yummy!

I'm glad you got such a great FP return time. All FP's gone by 11 am. Yikes! :faint:

The RSR does look like a super cool ride. Can't wait to try it!

I think it's pretty cool (and I may have said this somewhere already) that you can actually get through TSM in a reasonable time.

Note to self - avoid park with EMH!

Great update!

It was a delicious breakfast. I love salted caramel anything!
You will LOVE RSR! Lots of photo opportunities for you too.

We seemed to encounter long entrance lines at both parks quite often. I suppose there's a reason - maybe because people can easily switch around??
:confused3

Oh yes the huge line for RSR at the beginning of the day.

I guess it is good that both parks wait until official park opening for FP but it threw me a few times. :headache:

That FP for RSR line is long and yup still run out by 11 am. :sad2:

Your Breakfast at Flo's looks good- too bad they stopped serving but I guess with the mad rush to RSR those not in line don't want to risk the potential crowds.

Way to park hop- can't wait to see what you did.

Oh yes the huge line for RSR at the beginning of the day.

I guess it is good that both parks wait until official park opening for FP but it threw me a few times. :headache:

That FP for RSR line is long and yup still run out by 11 am. :sad2:

Your Breakfast at Flo's looks good- too bad they stopped serving but I guess with the mad rush to RSR those not in line don't want to risk the potential crowds.

Way to park hop- can't wait to see what you did.

It was strange that FP thing with EMH…oh well.
I can't see RSR getting any less popular any time soon.

Sorry, I made you wait so long to see what we did! It's coming up!!

It was plenty crowded and HOT!

Wonder what they were filming? I took some castle pics and snuck some of these guys, but no idea what was going on.

Based on my pictures, we walked through the castle area and look what we came across!

One person in line ahead of us!

Isn't she perfect?

I think Sarah was afraid to stand to close to the Queen!

We got in line for Storybook canal boats. We waited 35 minutes! Really too long to wait for it, but it was cute and we all wanted to do it.

I think this is a really cute ride. I remember in Disneyland Paris how it is, and I kind of like that one better than DL. At least as far as the loading and unloading of the boats is. Much faster and smoother in Paris. But I thought the displays here were really good! Lots to see.

cont. in next post…

Sheree, great pictures of the castle and the girls.

WOW....that Evil Queen is outstanding. I swear she looks just like her and SO in character. Sarah does look like she is afraid to get a little too close. :rotfl:

Exactly what is the Storybook Canals? The scenery looks very pretty.

After our ride through Storybook Land, we walked by the closed It's a Small World.

As annoying as that song can be, I had hoped to experience this version. It's a little more like the one in Paris from the outside. But we knew it was going to be closed while we were here.
Moving on…

We made it over to Toon Town.

Oh my gosh, I forgot how cute it was at WDW. This was even better! We got FPs for Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin. While we waited for our time, we dodged a couple hundred strollers and the girls and DH went to ride Gadget’s Go Coaster. They waited 38 minutes for a 38 second ride. I opted out and took a bunch of pictures, got some coke and fruit and hung out at the fountain. I wanted to jump right in, but I refrained.

Dave would love to work at this Post Office!!

The Mickey and Minnie houses are super cute, but they each had 60 minute waits to meet them! I’m glad there are other options and my kids don’t NEED to see all the characters anymore.

Minnie's house

I spy Minnie!

We went back and rode with Roger Rabbit. That was a fun cute ride.

Leaving Toon Town, we saw that the Matterhorn’s line was wrapped around the whole mountain, so we kept on walking. Went over to the Monorail to ride in some nice A/C around 3:30 p.m.

A view of some random backstage area

Oh look, there's our hotel!!

Saw the work being done at the Submarine Voyage ride - Isn't it something Nemo now? Used to be 20000 leagues under the sea I think.

cont. in next post…

You little sneak. I respond to the first update and you sneak another one in there.

I miss Mickey's Toon Town at Disney World. But the one in CA looks much, much cuter.

I would have so been in that line for Pluto...he is one of my favorites.

Dave could be Disney World's mailman and my DH can be the Mayor. :)

I didn't know there was a Roger Rabbit ride. They never show him at DW anymore.

cont.

I was hoping we could get ready for dinner early and poke around the DL hotel before dinner. Did that happen, uh, not so much.
We got off at DTD (as far as I can tell)

Plastic food anyone?

Apparently we stopped for dessert before dinner? This is real food! Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen take out.

Beignets and bread pudding! YUMMY!
Oh yeah, and a shaved ice thing.

Paige looked like she was wearing red lipstick after that!

We shopped at DTD and got a couple small things. I didn’t see the shirt I liked in CA (at Elias & Co.) so I’d probably have to go back there to get it.
But here's one thing that I did see.

We went back to the room and changed clothes for dinner.
We were dining tonight at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. I had originally wanted to go to Napa Rose, but we decided it was a little pricey, and the kids might not enjoy the menu as much. We hoped to hit up the lounge there instead.

On our way walking to the Disneyland Hotel. I like this Sorcerer's Hat much better than the one at DHS.

pool area

see in the middle the monorail slide where the Disneyland sign is?

We arrived about 10 minutes early for our ADR and we waited in the lobby. They have a little lounge with comfy chairs and couches.

Waiting to be seated at Steakhouse 55

We were seated about 10 minutes later. We had an unusual waiter. He was polite, but really slow. He had sort of a quite voice. It was not BAD, just sort of odd. He didn’t get DH a soda refill until we were practically done eating. We had a soda spill too, and I think another server helped us clean that up. The details are a little fuzzy!
On to the FOOD! I ordered the prix fixe menu and had steak (of course), DH got the porterhouse and Sarah got a baked potato. Paige got mac & cheese and shared some of my meal. The food was really good, but the atmosphere wasn’t really for us. Not that we can’t do fine dining, but it seemed a little boring and stuffy. The other guests were okay, some larger groups were fairly casual and having fun, but it was generally quiet. We were there early, but it was filling up as we finished. Not a bad experience at all.

After dinner we walked back “home”. I would have liked to linger, but it was getting chilly and windy and we weren’t dressed for that! The plan was to go and watch World of Color from our balcony and crash!
I managed to get this nighttime shot of the pool

and one of Tangeroa Terrace, which I've never been in, but have heard is great!

WOC from the balcony!

to the far left is Radiator Springs

zooming in on Radiator Springs

We have one more full day at the parks! Remaining on my list of things to do:
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
Peter Pan
Snow White
Autopia
Mickey’s Magical Map Show
More Matterhorn!
Aladdin show
And hopefully ride RSR more!!

Can we do it? What do we miss out on? Stay tuned!

Lots of great updates! I didn't realize how much I missed Mickey's Toontown Fair at WDW until I saw your pictures. I think the Disneyland version is cuter than the WDW version was. Oh and I simply must show the Bug's Land pictures to Mama. She loves Bug's Life so I know that she'll like your pictures.

Sounds like your dinner was just so-so. If you are like me, if you have a semi-bad waiter/waitress, it can make a world of difference to your dining experience.

Wow! Your view of World of Color from your room was amazing!

Are you done now? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Great pictures on your way to dinner. I'm sorry it wasn't ideal for you (what is with Disney restaurants and slow service?). The girls looked so pretty all dolled up.

Great pictures of the pool area...in the daylight and evening.

And great views from your balcony.

Loved the surprise Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs!! And the little storybook area looks really neat!! I wish WDW had one! Girls are getting so big!!!

I think Sarah was afraid to stand to close to the Queen!

:rotfl2: Can't say I blame her? :rotfl2: Those are great pictures of the girls!

Toontown is just SO cute! I am so glad they left it alone (unlike WDW). It is the ultimate in classics.

Great pics of the castle and the Storybrook? ride looks super cute.

How great to be able to hop over to DTD and then go back to the hotel and get ready for dinner. Everything is so close and convenient!

Love the girl's dinner dresses. Super cute. Glad you enjoyed your dinners, despite the odd server. :confused3

That view of WOC is amazing! Wow! I totally want THAT room. We did, unfortunately, push our trip back. Now we are looking at either June or September. I'm thinking September might be better. Hmmmm.

Great updates. Love the nighttime shot of the pool!

Hi! I am just going to jump in here!:goodvibes

Your girls are dolls! It looks like you were having a great trip!

Did you ever have breakfast at White Water Snacks? I am curious on that. Your room view was amazing!

I look forward to reading on.:flower3:

I would love to see the Evil Queen. I wish I had ran into her!!!
Another great day and ending to a day. You did have a good room to watch WOC at too. We were too far back and it wasn't impressive, so we watched about 3 minutes and headed back in the room out last night.
Seeing your pictures is giving me a pang to go back there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter