We had a GRAND trip to Disneyland! March 2014 TR NEW 7/29 p.12

Lots of great updates! I didn't realize how much I missed Mickey's Toontown Fair at WDW until I saw your pictures. I think the Disneyland version is cuter than the WDW version was. Oh and I simply must show the Bug's Land pictures to Mama. She loves Bug's Life so I know that she'll like your pictures.

Sounds like your dinner was just so-so. If you are like me, if you have a semi-bad waiter/waitress, it can make a world of difference to your dining experience.

Wow! Your view of World of Color from your room was amazing!
Thank you!
Toontown was a lot of fun to see again! It seems like there is more there than there was at WDW.
I hope Mama likes the Bug's land pics!
Yeah, a server can be a big difference to the enjoyment of a meal! He wasn't bad, just not great.

Are you done now? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Great pictures on your way to dinner. I'm sorry it wasn't ideal for you (what is with Disney restaurants and slow service?). The girls looked so pretty all dolled up.

Great pictures of the pool area...in the daylight and evening.

And great views from your balcony.
Yeah, I wanted to crank some stuff out since I hadn't updated in forever. Seems like I barely get on the DIS once a week even to read!
The dinner was just fine - I rarely have much to complain about, not very critical, but it just wasn't amazing. Thank you - The girls get a kick out of dressing up. Sarah likes to primp and pose!
I thought the pool area was really nice - wish I'd had more time to explore that!

Loved the surprise Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs!! And the little storybook area looks really neat!! I wish WDW had one! Girls are getting so big!!!
I thought that Snow White stuff was so cute!
The Storybook land boat ride is really cute - it was one of my favorite things in Paris.
Yeah - those girls - we went shoe shopping and Sarah is about the same size as me! maybe 1/2 size smaller in some. She can't wait til she's tall than I am.

:rotfl2: Can't say I blame her? :rotfl2: Those are great pictures of the girls!
Thanks! Isn't that evil queen evil looking? We ran into her once at Epcot near the IG and that little store - she was scary!
Toontown is just SO cute! I am so glad they left it alone (unlike WDW). It is the ultimate in classics.
I think so too! I'm glad we managed to get in there and see it!
Great pics of the castle and the Storybrook? ride looks super cute.
That Storybook ride is nice, just too long of a line to get on it.
How great to be able to hop over to DTD and then go back to the hotel and get ready for dinner. Everything is so close and convenient!
Part of what I loved about DL is the close proximity of the parks, DTD, and the hotels. NO BUSES!!!
Love the girl's dinner dresses. Super cute. Glad you enjoyed your dinners, despite the odd server. :confused3
Thank you. They had fun dressing up! They aren't into princess dresses anymore, so this is good. The food was good for sure. The experience just didn't WOW us!

That view of WOC is amazing! Wow! I totally want THAT room. We did, unfortunately, push our trip back. Now we are looking at either June or September. I'm thinking September might be better. Hmmmm.
You can always make the request - it was a studio.
I think September would be better too - you don't have to worry about a school schedule and then the summer crowds would be gone!

Great updates. Love the nighttime shot of the pool!
Thank you so much! I thought that it was pretty at night!
Hi! I am just going to jump in here!:goodvibes

Your girls are dolls! It looks like you were having a great trip!

Did you ever have breakfast at White Water Snacks? I am curious on that. Your room view was amazing!

I look forward to reading on.:flower3:
:welcome: kaoden39 Glad you jumped in!!
Thank you for the compliment on the girls. We were having a great time! I would love to go back!

No, i don't think we had breakfast there. I know we went in there a few times, but we got lunch/snack foods. They seemed to have the usual options - fruit, cereal, rolls. Maybe you could get hot stuff - I might have to refresh my memory with a picture!! I go so long between updates, I forget what I've posted!
We loved our room location and view! I'd request it again in a minute (unless I had enough points for a bigger room!

I hope you'll stick around on this slow moving vehicle! Feel free to chime in with comments or questions any time!

I would love to see the Evil Queen. I wish I had ran into her!!!
Another great day and ending to a day. You did have a good room to watch WOC at too. We were too far back and it wasn't impressive, so we watched about 3 minutes and headed back in the room out last night.
Seeing your pictures is giving me a pang to go back there too!

Yeah- we felt pretty lucky running into there with no wait. My girls aren't big into meeting characters anymore, but short lines we will do! Especially for the less common characters.
It was a fabulous day - again! I hope we can go back in the next few years! I have a travel list a mile long of places I'd like to go!

Ahhh The Snow White area- If you catch it right you can hear Snow White sing.

She is not very loud but it really adds to the quiet little area.

DL's Toontown is a bit bigger I think than what WDW had, a little better laid out and is a true "toontown" Cute area.

I need to have the monorail on the list for DL - Yup never got on that either. Perfect to get to DLH. I ventured down that way once in search of Earl's that wasn't open yet. :sad2:

Both DLH and PP are on my list of things to experience.

Hard to rate your meal when the experience is odd. The food is good but the experience is off. Maybe an off night? :confused3

The girls look super cute and you got some good pictures at DHL pool and WoC. I hope to get a room with a good view.

I always think it is fun to speculate what it is that is being filmed when I see crews. Did you ever figure it out?

I think I would be with Sarah... the evil queen looks a little intimidating.

I think the storybook canal boats are really special...but wow they always have such a horrid wait. No fast passes either, right? Seems like this is a ride that could use them.

Toontown used to be an area that just said "disney" to me. It is so bright and exciting. I love all the hands on parts. The electric company always surprises my kids... my mom... even me. (despite the fact I know what happens when you try to open the door)

The girls were so pretty dressed up for dinner!

Sorry dinner wasn't exactly perfect. For me there are a few elements that make for a "perfect" meal. Atmosphere is one of them and it almost as highly ranked as the food itself.

The view out of your room is just amazing!

I hope you get to do everything on your list. :goodvibes

Luvin your updates..
We've done Storybook canal boats in Paris as well and from the pictures I think I prefere that even with it's spinning wheel of death in the loading area :rotfl2: The pictures of DLR don't seem to have any of the little mini characters in the villages/houses like they do in Paris. Plus the wait time in Paris was definately nowhere near 35 minutes... I think we waited about ten minutes for our first go and walked around and straight on for a second time in a row!

Moving slowly - been SO busy!

But I WILL get an update up soon! Hopefully today or tomorrow!
Thanks for hanging in there!

Love the updates, I had a lot to catch up on. (last I left off on page 5, i think)

The cliffhangers aren't so bad when you get to read up on 5 months of updates all at once!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter