We Don't Play Nice With Others. (Complete!)

That's great that you have gotten into the arts groups and enjoying it so much!

Sorry some things aren't working out well for the next trip and your parents won't be able to make it - hopefully it will still be a great trip though! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a very nice day at EPCOT with just your an Johnny - seems like you got a lot done!

yeah for getting middle glider, row 1 for Soarin'! Last trip we asked if we could wait to get that spot and it was no issue - just had to wait through one extra ride so something to consider for the future if you aren't getting it just by chance

Sorry Johnny didn't like the apple ice wine from Canada - if we ever go to Food & Wine together I'll happily drink your share of the alcohol :lmao:

Sounds like a nice, relaxing next day. Glad you got to have the fun swimming with PrincessD11 and also that the travel home went fairly well.

Looking forward to your recap! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you guys had a nice day at Epcot -- you really did get a lot done, and a lot of F&W tastes to try!! :thumbsup2

I'm sad it is over, but I also know what a frustrating trip it was for you and Johnny (but at least we got to meet).
Honestly Kathy, our Dismeet (and the two with Rob too) were the absolute highlight of the trip! I was so glad we had that opportunity!

Ideal seating on Soarin'. :thumbsup2
Definitely! :thumbsup2

Nope...not doing Orange or Green on Mission. I'll just sit out and wait. :rotfl:
I walk the line between terror and exhilaration on that ride. I am a space nerd so that part of it appeals to me.

I can't believe we didn't run into you at Epcot that evening as we were there (although we left around 7:00 or so).
I was watching for any Facebook updates to indicate where you were, and that evening I was going to see if you wanted to catch up but then I saw that you'd gone back to the resort. Too bad!

LOVE the Cronut!
It was my first, pretty good! (And I hate donuts!)

I'm glad you found some clothes at the outlet. I have that Beauty & The Beast shirt too...bought it a couple of months ago.
I had some good luck with sales too. Oh that Beauty and the Beast shirt... I am too scared to wear it at home because I don't want to wear it out! :lmao: Absolutely ridiculous, but I should have bought two! :rotfl2:

I'm glad that your niece made the trip bearable for you...she sounds like a delight.
She is Kathy, mature and wise beyond her years but a lot of fun.

Awwww, I remember us talking about TR's for our respective trips when we met up and how hard it would be to really put a lot of effort in. Obviously much more difficult for you. I'm glad you did it though if for no other reason than completeness.
Same here Rob, I like a sense of completion so I'm glad I forced myself to finish this one.

Seasons Strawberry Shortcake, I shall see you soon!!!!!
/is jealous.

What a bummer to not get a FP for Maelstrom. It really did get so popular that last week.
I was sad to not get a goodbye ride, but honestly it was just not worth the long wait.

Off Kilter. :love: Lumberjack Show. :headache: And "Farewell to Nova Scotia"?????? What a wonderful last show to see.
Yeah I'm not looking forward to seeing the lumberjacks. Oh yeah, they started playing that and all I wanted was to just be home.

I am super glad you got to at least have this one day of alone time. I'm sure this felt like normal finally.
It was so refreshing!!

That's great that you have gotten into the arts groups and enjoying it so much!
Thanks Phil, it's been really nice to do art and socialize at the same time! :goodvibes

Sorry some things aren't working out well for the next trip and your parents won't be able to make it - hopefully it will still be a great trip though! :thumbsup2
I know it will be great, it's just looking a little troublesome right now. Something will work, it always does!

Sounds like a very nice day at EPCOT with just your an Johnny - seems like you got a lot done!
We did, we had some great luck and it was a nice normal feeling to be there just the two of us!

yeah for getting middle glider, row 1 for Soarin'! Last trip we asked if we could wait to get that spot and it was no issue - just had to wait through one extra ride so something to consider for the future if you aren't getting it just by chance
We asked once in the past and had the same experience -- no problem! But it was nice to get the perfect seat by coincidence too. :goodvibes

Sorry Johnny didn't like the apple ice wine from Canada - if we ever go to Food & Wine together I'll happily drink your share of the alcohol :lmao:
Hahahaha I think I could make that deal with a few Dis'ers! :lmao: I always feel like we waste half of the festival because neither of us likes alcohol! :rotfl:

Sounds like a nice, relaxing next day. Glad you got to have the fun swimming with PrincessD11 and also that the travel home went fairly well.
It was a pretty nice one, and swimming that evening was really fun. SO thankful for an easy travel day home!

Looking forward to your recap! :thumbsup2

ANOTHER PTR already? *sigh* I need a PTR.

:rotfl:
Only you can prevent forest fi-

wait no.

Only you can make that happen! DO IT.

I'm glad you guys had a nice day at Epcot -- you really did get a lot done, and a lot of F&W tastes to try!! :thumbsup2
We did have a good AND productive day at Epcot! :thumbsup2

I totally missed your last update. I'm glad you had a great day at Epcot. Sorry your trip was over but I know your next one will be much better!

Jill in CO

I totally missed your last update. I'm glad you had a great day at Epcot. Sorry your trip was over but I know your next one will be much better!

Jill in CO

Hi Jill! We did have a great day at Epcot, which was nice. Can't wait for the next one!

Wow, what a up and down trip. Understand wanting to put it to rest. Glad you got to do your to do list. Can't wait for you to start your next PTR.

Wow, what a up and down trip. Understand wanting to put it to rest. Glad you got to do your to do list. Can't wait for you to start your next PTR.
AHh yes I had to euthanize this report for the good of all the Dis. :rotfl: I have the PTR queued up and ready to start!

Ch 1 read! :scared1: Bluenoser onboard here!!! Woot! :banana:
:welcome: Great to have another Bluenoser on board!! I'm sorry to say that you jumped in at the end... and for that matter, it's not one of my better stories. I do hope to see you around for the next :thumbsup2

The Wrap Up

As I'm sure you've gathered, this wasn't my most favourite trip. We had some difficulties with flights, luggage, tickets, and most of all, sharing.

Staying Off-site

We stayed at the Bella Piazza condos in Davenport. It was a four bedroom unit, and there were 8 of us. It was as crowded as that sounds.

200_s.gif

This was our first entire trip staying off site. I know some people have great luck with staying elsewhere, but I'll just tell you now that it's definitely not for us.

200_s.gif

It ended up being more expensive for us. You might find that surprising, especially given that our condo was free! But we don't normally rent a vehicle so paying for that, gas, parking, and food (free dining was out if we'd stayed on site!) we definitely paid more than if we'd stayed on site.

Moving-picture-money-to-burn-animated-gif.gif

Above money, I highly value my time, especially while on vacation! We had a 35-45 minute drive to the parks each day which I didn't like at all. Not to mention, because we were sharing vehicles, we had to wait for everyone to be ready and they were always an hour to two hours later than we wanted to leave. Had we been staying on site it wouldn't have been an issue because we could have just hopped on a bus to the parks!

url

The space... not all it was cracked up to be.

The positive: 4 bedrooms were a good size for the 8 of us. We had 3 bathrooms which was absolutely wonderful. The place was pretty clean and in good shape.

The negative: teeny tiny kitchen made breakfast a take-your-turn endeavor. The dining room was set for 6, so we couldn't all eat at the same table. The living area was really small and had only a couch and one chair so only 4 could sit and watch tv at a time. We could hear every sound made anywhere in the condo and that kitchen tap squealed very loudly. The pool was ok, not overly close to our unit and nothing very special but it was pretty, and it was a pool.

Untitled by teekathepony, on Flickr

Untitled by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4076 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Would we go here again? No. Too far from everything was our #1 complaint.

Going with a group
I thought this was going to be fun, and at some rare moments it was, but we each seemed to want something different from the trip and some of us were trying to force the exact same trip on everyone. I'm sure you all, as Disney lovers, know someone who scoffs at your love of Disney -- now imagine actually going to Disney with that person. What it all boils down to is that we really and truly don't play nice with others. :rotfl2:

url

Disney
Though we didn't have near enough Disney time, we did manage to make the most of it. We got lots done, and more importantly, got to meet a few amazing Disers!

First was Kathy and Mark (KatMark)

IMG_3657 by teekathepony, on Flickr

and second (and third!) was Rob (DisneyKid4Life)

IMG_3679 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Getting to meet and chat with them was a highlight of our trip, and it was great to talk Disney in Disney with true Disney lovers. Thanks for taking some time out to meet with us!

Universal
We had a pretty good time at Universal and did get to see lots of the new Harry Potter section, which was our main priority. Though leaving to see the park did have some negative consequences, we at least had fun that day.

IMG_3698 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Summary

We had our ups and downs. So many downs in fact that I wasn't really in the mood to write this report at times. I'm glad I did. Thank you all for sticking with me despite my lackluster story telling. I do appreciate it, and I so hope the next one will be much better.

Speaking of the next one...

Please join me for my new Pre-Trip Report, "Even Miracles Take A Little Time; a PTR 5 years in the making."

... we've got a lot to make up for.

The best way to get over a less-than-stellar trip is to plan and write about a new one!

Sometimes we can only know what we don't like, until we try that. And even if you were pretty sure going into it that would be the case at least now you know for sure. I am sorry that overall the trip was a bit burdensome and frustrating. Juggling agendas is always difficult. I am glad there were some highlights too though and hope that as time passes, the good is what will stick.

I had a horrible trip in 2001 but all I remember now, really remember, is Evan hugging every character he could find. The good will stick. Just give it time.

Excited for the new PTR but sad that the timeshare package is a bust.

Wow - I was two updates behind.

So here's what I think - If the two of you had been offsite (but closer) you would have been fine. If the 8 of you had been onsite with access to Disney transportation you would have been fine.

But the combo of off site and 8 people was too much. It just wasn't the Disney magic you were used to.

I never really factor in gas cost because we like renting a car, but the whole having to pay for parking probably really does add up and since you guys always go during free dining, well its hard to compete with that.

Anyway - thanks for sharing. Your last day at Epcot looked fun.

Looking forward to your next adventure!

Your day at MK sounded pretty good.

Not a bad start at the Main Street Bakery and Mine Train!

And then, sounds like you enjoyed a few attractions with family and you all managed not to murder each other. That is so great to hear the Little Mermaid was such a hit!

Too bad about the Festival of Fantasy parade.

I am so glad to hear you liked Columbia Harbor House! Our favorite place to eat at MK.

:woohoo: for another meet with Rob!!!

Your story about your new friend at the ELP was really heartwarming.

That is fantastic that you rode Mine Train again, got to watch the fireworks and got to check out Enchanted Tales with Belle.

All in all, probably one of the better days of the trip.

I'll catch up with your runaway ending tomorrow, I hope!

:goodvibes

I'm sure it's a bit of a relief for you to have this TR wrapped, but I'm still happy that you wrote it! And it was great especially to read about your Dismeets!!! :goodvibes Can't wait for your next TR!!! Gonna hop on over to your PTR now. :thumbsup2

welllll.....i'm sorry for the downs, but glad there were some ups to this trip too. it seems like you really made the best of the situations and enjoyed your Disney time as much as you could. and, like everyone says, there's nothing better for getting over one trip then planning the next fantastic one! heading over to the PTR now!

I never honestly thought I'd be one of those people that feels the need to stay on Disney property since I've always been an offsite person. I'm still not against staying offsite and would certainly do it again, but I am surprised that onsite is my preference.

That is certainly one of the benefits I've had from solo trips. I don't have to worry about anyone else.

YAY for DISMEETS!!!!

I'm really glad you did this TR Wendy. Not every trip is golden and this one just by it's very nature was sure to not be the best. And then to have so many other issues, yeah. But I think at the end of the day, you did get a little Disney time which is always nice, saw the new Potter, you were there for me to meet up with and ride TSM, and one last thing. Just think how easy it will be for your next trip to surpass the last one! ;)

Wendy, I'm sorry to see it end...even if it wasn't the best trip ever.

I don't think I could ever stay off-site again (we did that when Andy was very little and we stayed in Daytona Beach and drove in 3 different days :crazy2:).

The waiting an hour or two for everyone to be ready to leave would have put me over the edge.

The pool looked nice.

We loved meeting you and Johnny and being able to do a ride with you and talk to you. I'm sorry our plans don't coincide this year, but I am hoping that we will cross paths again at Disney in the not too distant future.

I'm so glad you got to see Rob twice (that's twice more than me :lmao:).

As you know, I'm already on your PTR. :)

sorry for the ups and downs of this trip ... well, I guess sorry for the downs, less so for the ups.

At least you learned how you don't want to do Disney in the future :rotfl2:

A few trips ago we went with another family (10 all together) and after a few days we definitely started doing more of our own thing and just meeting up for some meals, etc. - it's just hard to get that many people pulling in the same direction at the same time all the time.

We've stayed off site several times (via timeshare) and it largely due to size of accommodations ... more than 5 people and fitting on site is either a) a tight fit or b) super expensive. So I am not one of those that think it is the worst thing ever to stay off site - but it is definitely different being inside the Disney bubble the entire trip

Hope you next trip makes up for any of the negatives from this trip :thumbsup2

Great wrap up. Did I tell you about my first trip to WDW. It was back in 08. Went with sister in law and her family. It was closer for her and hubby from loosing their Mom 17 years earlier. (She always wanted to take her kids and never got to.) We had done our homework. But things didn't go as plan. It wasn't an awful trip. Born out of that trip was two households that fell in love with WDW. Sister in Law made two more trips within a year of that trip. And has many times since. I haven't been as lucky to make as many trips, but think and plan a little every day. Keep the good memories and forget the bad. You have some memories that will stay with you always.
Can't wait to find time to read your next PTR.

Glad that you have gotten through this trip and are on to planning the next one!! It will be better. I am with you about staying off site. Won't do it again. I also understand the frustrations of getting everyone going. That being said...I might do a solo trip my next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter