We Don't Play Nice With Others. (Complete!)

What a great update!

I'd take anything over McDonald's for breakfast, but the Bakery is the best place to choose!

I'm so glad you got on the Mine Ride (and twice to boot!). I love when us gals beat the men on Buzz. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Rob is probably beaming over all the love for the Mermaid ride.

I'm sorry you missed the parade; we did too and it is high on my priority list for our next visit.

I am so happy you finally tried Columbia Harbor House and enjoyed it.

Your watching of the evening parade sounds absolutely magical.

We still haven't seen Enchanted Tales of Belle...maybe one of these days.

Loved the updates!!! Glad you're finally back lol. I'm so glad you had a relaxing Christmas and enjoyed it. Sometimes we have so much going on we really forget to sit down and soak it all in.

We have yet to make it to Universal but plan on it on our trip for this year. Can't wait to try the butterbeer!

I'm sorry you had so many issues with your MIL. My oldest son's mom and I have similar issues but thankfully I don't have to deal with her often. And my mother in law and I get along well. She's like my mom and best friend. So I'm blessed.

I have yet to get the secret on Buzz but I'm trying this year! Lol

That is so heartwarming about the lady at the parade...only at Disney can you bond so close with a complete stranger <3

Your parade story warmed my heart. I'm so glad it worked out for both of you to watch it together. My oldest daughter has special needs and is non-verbal. One evening leaving the parks we got on a packed bus and someone gave up their seat for her. She proceeded to fall asleep on the shoulder of the woman next to her. Complete with her thumb sucking at eight years old. The woman could not have been nicer, and I'm sure she had to explain later to her young daughter who sat next to her on the bus.

It means a lot!

Sounds like an overall good day at Magic Kingdom and you got quite a bit accomplished.

That pot pie is definitely new but seems like a nice options - definitely good for there to be more non-fried options at CHH

That is great you got the Mine Train twice - still need to get on it at night ... I love BTMR much more at night so I can imagine a similar experience with the Mine Train.

Such a sweet story with the parade - glad it turned out so positive for you

and yeah for celebrity spotting and getting to meet Rob!

We haven't done it since Newish Fantasyland opened but we have watched Wishes from behind the Castle in the past and loved the same thing you pointed out about it - that you are in the fireworks with them going off all around you

mmmmn, pot pie! That looks and sounds fabulous. I am so sorry your MIL was so ridiculous about things but glad it blew over and that you were largely able to go your own way the next day without further drama. It sounds like a really great a day all around (and a vastly better breakfast decision). YAY for spontaneous DISmeets, I love those!

What a fun MK day. Glad you decided to stay all day when the rest of the folks headed back. Good for you!

15 minutes for mine train?????? Whaaaaaaaaaat? That's awesome!

What a sweet young lady who stood in front of you during the parade. She sounds delightful.

I can't help thinking that all this trip drama has really had an impact on your desire to write this TR. I hope you have a new trip coming up soon so we can get back to the same old Wendy! But I appreciate you writing this TR for all your readers.

Yay to CHH! Always a fav for me!

Oh, I'm so happy your MK day was better and seems like it was so much fun!!

Your new friend at the parade? Making me smile SO MUCH! That is totally sweet. I love when someone is so taken in by the magic and includes you in their experience!

I can't believe you got to ride 7D with a 15 minute wait! That is amazing! We've only done it once and with a fastpass. I want to see the queue some day.

Sounds like a fantastic, magical day!

Seatbelt is on Wendy!!!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Good for you. McDonald's or Main St. Bakery? Yeah, you chose... wisely.
Right? Some members of our group regretted their choices when they saw ours, but we did warn everyone. (Hangovers were a big deciding factor for many.)

I'm really glad you rode Mine Train. Even if you hadn't liked it, given all you've been through this trip, it probably would have been a big regret.
Definitely, it was a top priority and we would have been soooo disappointed to miss it.

I'm kinda loving the Mermaid love.
Haha thought you would!

The parade started early???? Oh I'm so sorry you missed it. BUT, one more priority for next time.
(And I think I could enjoy it more next time too! So I guess in a weird way, it's a good thing.)

I still can't get over everybody leaving so early. I just don't get it. Different strokes I guess.
I remember your surprise that night when we told you they had all left. Different strokes indeed. :confused3

Columbia Harbour House right??!! Yeah, you'll be back.
We will. Such a nice restaurant!

Ah YAY second DISmeet!!!! That was so cool to run into you like that. And I guess it was so normal by that point, no pictures at all, lol. This was actually my favourite end to end day of the trip (and as it turns out final day). So much to talk about after we parted ways.
It was awesome!! Impromptu Dis Meets are in some ways, more fun! I feel like I'm some kind of real Disney regular when I actually recognize people in the parks! :rotfl:
Sadly, no pictures. I was so anti-picture on this trip (when compared to my norm!)
I loved our second meet, kind of a "what's new since Monday?" update!

Not exactly being Shaq myself, when you get a "You're taller", yeah, you take it. Plus, what a sweet memory to have with that young lady. :love:
She was awesome. I really enjoyed that parade with her!

How weird is it that I was actually watching those same fireworks in almost the same spot? Just around the corner I was.
Too ironic!

Glad your day at MK was so awesome! What a sweet story about the lady at the parade. :)

Jill in CO
It really was a great day at MK, thankfully it made up for some of the negative aspects of the trip.

What a great update!
Thanks Kathy!

I'd take anything over McDonald's for breakfast, but the Bakery is the best place to choose!
It was our first time trying out the Bakery too, we enjoyed it. :goodvibes

I'm so glad you got on the Mine Ride (and twice to boot!). I love when us gals beat the men on Buzz. :cool1::cool1::cool1:
Me too! And it was great having a secret up my sleeve (even if I couldn't keep it from Johnny for long!)

Rob is probably beaming over all the love for the Mermaid ride.
He definitely is. :thumbsup2

I'm sorry you missed the parade; we did too and it is high on my priority list for our next visit.
I've heard so many good things! I might even get a fastpass for it to make extra certain I get to see it. :thumbsup2

I am so happy you finally tried Columbia Harbor House and enjoyed it.
We loved it, very happy we finally got around to trying it. I think the key was that we were hungry, but not starving -- still able to make rational decisions not based on what was closest and fastest! :rotfl:

Your watching of the evening parade sounds absolutely magical.
It was one of my most special memories from the whole trip.

We still haven't seen Enchanted Tales of Belle...maybe one of these days.
We held out for a while... I am soooo glad we finally did it. It's pretty adorable.

Loved the updates!!! Glad you're finally back lol. I'm so glad you had a relaxing Christmas and enjoyed it. Sometimes we have so much going on we really forget to sit down and soak it all in.
Very true, we were lucky to have the opportunity to sit back and relax. :thumbsup2

We have yet to make it to Universal but plan on it on our trip for this year. Can't wait to try the butterbeer!
It's great if you like Harry Potter at all, and the butterbeer is fantastic!

I'm sorry you had so many issues with your MIL. My oldest son's mom and I have similar issues but thankfully I don't have to deal with her often. And my mother in law and I get along well. She's like my mom and best friend. So I'm blessed.
Having issues like that really sucks. You're blessed to have a good relationship with your MIL!

I have yet to get the secret on Buzz but I'm trying this year! Lol
I had stumbled across one tip, I know there are more out there that I'd like to try next!

That is so heartwarming about the lady at the parade...only at Disney can you bond so close with a complete stranger <3
I love that about Disney -- we all have that in common!

Your parade story warmed my heart. I'm so glad it worked out for both of you to watch it together. My oldest daughter has special needs and is non-verbal. One evening leaving the parks we got on a packed bus and someone gave up their seat for her. She proceeded to fall asleep on the shoulder of the woman next to her. Complete with her thumb sucking at eight years old. The woman could not have been nicer, and I'm sure she had to explain later to her young daughter who sat next to her on the bus.

It means a lot!
That's such a sweet story! 9 times out of 10, people at Disney are just such nice, good people. :goodvibes

Sounds like an overall good day at Magic Kingdom and you got quite a bit accomplished.
We did! I was glad, we were so short on time that having an efficient day at Magic Kingdom was a big plus.

That pot pie is definitely new but seems like a nice options - definitely good for there to be more non-fried options at CHH
Oh and so welcome that day, especially the broccoli! :rotfl2:

That is great you got the Mine Train twice - still need to get on it at night ... I love BTMR much more at night so I can imagine a similar experience with the Mine Train.
I had heard that, and I was glad I got to do it both ways because I do love it at night!

Such a sweet story with the parade - glad it turned out so positive for you
Me too, I thought it was going to be one of those times where that family would be pushing me all night. Glad it turned out different than I thought!

and yeah for celebrity spotting and getting to meet Rob!
It was fun spotting someone un-planned in Disney!

We haven't done it since Newish Fantasyland opened but we have watched Wishes from behind the Castle in the past and loved the same thing you pointed out about it - that you are in the fireworks with them going off all around you
I was wishing that they, as first timers, could have seen it from the front, but still, it was fun!

mmmmn, pot pie! That looks and sounds fabulous. I am so sorry your MIL was so ridiculous about things but glad it blew over and that you were largely able to go your own way the next day without further drama. It sounds like a really great a day all around (and a vastly better breakfast decision). YAY for spontaneous DISmeets, I love those!
The pot pie was great!
Yes, we really needed to go off on our own a bit and I was glad for it. We did have a pretty awesome day at MK, and the Dismeet surprise was awesome!

What a fun MK day. Glad you decided to stay all day when the rest of the folks headed back. Good for you!
Oh we weren't wasting a whole day, especially not when we got there so late in the morning!

15 minutes for mine train?????? Whaaaaaaaaaat? That's awesome!
We were really excited! Definitely had to jump in line for that!

What a sweet young lady who stood in front of you during the parade. She sounds delightful.
She was sweet. Her family? A little too pushy for my taste, but she made up for it! lol

I can't help thinking that all this trip drama has really had an impact on your desire to write this TR. I hope you have a new trip coming up soon so we can get back to the same old Wendy! But I appreciate you writing this TR for all your readers.
It has, Mary Ellen. It just wasn't the best trip and I honestly would rather forget parts. When I'm finished this one, you'll have your old Wendy back! I'm already starting the next PTR in my head!

Yay to CHH! Always a fav for me!
I'm glad we tried (and loved!) it!

Oh, I'm so happy your MK day was better and seems like it was so much fun!!
Ahh yes it was a lot better!

Your new friend at the parade? Making me smile SO MUCH! That is totally sweet. I love when someone is so taken in by the magic and includes you in their experience!
Me too! I'm usually too shy to make friends with strangers, even at Disney World. I'm glad she kept chatting with me.

I can't believe you got to ride 7D with a 15 minute wait! That is amazing! We've only done it once and with a fastpass. I want to see the queue some day.
We never did get a fastpass so I was glad we got to see the queue, and the 15 minute wait was such a bonus!

Sounds like a fantastic, magical day!
Thankfully it was!

Oh my goodness, how did I miss the start of this one?????? Well, I finally found it! I have been traveling for work like a mad woman, so I am sure that helped. I am all caught up and loving it. I hope I bump into Rob in a few weeks. We will be there for pretty much the same time!

You are like me...so far behind on the DIS that you think youre ahead!!

I am so far behind on reading and keeping up on the DIS!! I am just back from my trip and trying to go through the pictures and start a trip report, get all the clothes washed...and what do I do...go get sick. finally holding my head up and got your report caught up..one down and how many more to go?

Liked your last two updates. I agree with you on the SDMT, this is a great ride!! Also loved Tales with Belle. Agree with you on Transformers. I loved Spiderman but Transformers was okay.

Can't wait to hear more

Oh my goodness, how did I miss the start of this one?????? Well, I finally found it! I have been traveling for work like a mad woman, so I am sure that helped. I am all caught up and loving it. I hope I bump into Rob in a few weeks. We will be there for pretty much the same time!
:welcome: Ashley! I'm glad you found me! I'm not getting much Dis time lately, but each update is kind of covering a lot of ground. :rotfl: Hope you do get a chance to meet up with Rob!

You are like me...so far behind on the DIS that you think youre ahead!!
Lol!! I know, I have sort of given up hope that I'll ever get truly caught up. :lmao:

I am so far behind on reading and keeping up on the DIS!! I am just back from my trip and trying to go through the pictures and start a trip report, get all the clothes washed...and what do I do...go get sick. finally holding my head up and got your report caught up..one down and how many more to go?
Ugh! Not good! It's hard enough to get caught up without being sick!

Liked your last two updates. I agree with you on the SDMT, this is a great ride!! Also loved Tales with Belle. Agree with you on Transformers. I loved Spiderman but Transformers was okay.
7DMT was so awesome, and I was totally blown away by ETWB! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear more

Life update & Disney update

Hello all!

I had hoped to have more Dis time this month, but then I joined two separate art/craft social groups and have been painting up a storm! I love it though, can't complain.

In Disney news, we have officially given up hope that my parents' package will work for our upcoming Disney trip. I have a few points of sort of bad news (expensive flights mostly) but I'll wait until I start the PTR to get into much detail.

Speaking of which, I have really only two days to go on this trip, and one of those is boring so hopefully I'll get this wrapped up soon. I'd like to be done with it!

I'm off tomorrow so hopefully I'll be back with an update.

I'm glad you are enjoying your social groups and painting (I enjoy seeing the pictures).

Sorry that your parents package is not going to work out for your trip. :(

I don't like the sound of the high airfare.

Well folks, it's been a slice.

tumblr_static_7k4t1c75kr0oo48cskog8ssso.gif

I always love chatting with you all, and I almost always love sharing my stories and my trips. Sharing trip reports allows me to re-live my trips, and to write it all down so I have more than just the pictures.

This trip? I'd rather forget about it.

I hope once it's over with I'll feel a little better about things. I can put it behind me and concentrate on the next one.

With that said... here's the final three days crammed into one update.

Chapter 10:

The Rest.. (So I can put this to rest.)

I forgot to mention that we had got our luggage back Wednesday morning (the morning of our MK day.) Finally. It felt pretty nice to be wearing something different.

The next day (Sept. 25th) was a day I was so looking forward to! Johnny and I were headed out on our own to use our last Disney day. The rest of the family had no Disney tickets left, so we were entirely on our own! The fam was going to go to Universal, but changed their mind to stay at the condo. All day. Even saying that now makes me bored to tears.

Johnny and I were up early and ready for action. We jumped in the van and took off!

Our destination for the day was here:

IMG_4004 by teekathepony, on Flickr

And we got into that not-too-bad line before the gates opened. Before too long we were moving into my favourite park, just the two of us, the way it usually is and for me it finally felt like a Disney trip.

IMG_4005 by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4006 by teekathepony, on Flickr

I didn't write anything much down, we just went along enjoying the day and soaking it in to the fullest. As a result... I have little in the way of stories! I'll do what I can with my pictures.

I do know we had three relatively early fastpasses. The first was right at 9:00 and it was here:

IMG_4007 by teekathepony, on Flickr

We may be in the minority, but we both love the post-refurb TT. No hate!

Johnny was happy.

IMG_4009 by teekathepony, on Flickr

But let's face it, the man never stops smiling anyway. Such a cutie.

We probably wandered around a bit before our next FP which was for Soarin'! And in a blast of good luck, we were in the middle glider and in row...

IMG_4010 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Yay!!!

We had a wonderful time there too.

Time for a snack!

IMG_4011 by teekathepony, on Flickr

And a ride on LWTL:

IMG_4017 by teekathepony, on Flickr

We did have lunch at some point. Electric Umbrella. Can't remember much of that.

Seems we went here next:

IMG_4018 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Green team for me because even green team makes me a little bit nauseated!

Next up we were planning to partake in the Food & Wine festival. We went here:

IMG_4019 by teekathepony, on Flickr

just to see what it was all about inside. We wandered around and then headed into the World Showcase.

IMG_4020 by teekathepony, on Flickr

I know we went into and around all the pavilions and rode the Mexican small world. We could not, however hard we tried, get a fastpass for Maelstrom and we weren't willing to wait 45 minutes just to have a goodbye ride on it, so we said our goodbyes from the outside.

Our first food stop was here:

IMG_4023 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Where we tried the chicken potstickers:

IMG_4024 by teekathepony, on Flickr

They were pretty good! Johnny and I are both extremely picky so F&W is kind of scary for us!

Next is my picture of this:

IMG_4025 by teekathepony, on Flickr

and this:

IMG_4026 by teekathepony, on Flickr

which I think are both from Italy. Both were just ok, if a little bland.

IMG_4027 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Carrot cake maybe? No clue. We loved it.

IMG_4028 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Baklava, was really good but SO sweet, hard to finish.

IMG_4029 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Belgian Waffles! Yum!

We stopped in Canada to watch Off Kilter. I'm really going to miss them. And for the record, as a Canadian, I'm so angry about them being replaced by a lumberjack show.

IMG_4033 by teekathepony, on Flickr

They made me cry when they sand "Farewell to Nova Scotia" -- a song about my home province.

It started to rain, just a little then. Since we had gone around the whole world and were back at the beginning, we went back into Future World and apparently rode The Seas with Nemo and Friends:

IMG_4036 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Back to the World Showcase next I guess. Looks like we were settling into our favourite spot for some food and fireworks.

IMG_4037 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Yum!

IMG_4038 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Oh the cheddar cheese soup! Delish! Johnny also tried an apple ice wine from Canada. He hated it. We both hate alcohol anyway so I don't know what made him think trying wine was a good idea.

Soon the music began and announcements and then finally...

IMG_4051 by teekathepony, on Flickr

We had a wonderful day at Epcot. We took our time leaving the park and drove back home.

------------------------------------

The next day we went shopping.

We browsed Orlando Premium Outlets where I had some good luck getting work clothes, and then we went to the Florida Mall where I went to Hot Topic and got this shirt which I've wanted since forever!

We relaxed and had a good day. We were trying to call the family to meet them somewhere for dinner but they ate without us so we grabbed something quick and went back to the condo.

That evening (around 8) we went to the pool and PrincessD11, who couldn't believe we would swim in the dark AND the rain came with us giggling. She's awesome guys, seriously, this girl was the highlight of my whole trip.

After swimming we got into the games room... which had one whole game. Anyway, we played it.

IMG_4078 by teekathepony, on Flickr

then it was back to the room and to bed.

Early the next morning (really early) we were up and packing. We drove to the airport, turned in our vans and travelled home with almost no problems (Billy and Shellie were missing one piece of luggage at home, they got it the next day.)

And that's all.

Coming up next: I'll go over some pros/cons, what I thought of the condo and a bit of a wrap up.

And then I hope you'll all join me for the next one -- I hope it won't be as boring as this one!

Good morning Wendy,

I haven't had much time to comment on TR's lately, but wanted to check in and let you know I'm still reading along. I'm sorry that your parents time share didn't work out, but I'm also glad to know that won't hinder your trip.

I am excited to get that important, PTR link soon! :goodvibes

I'm glad you are enjoying your social groups and painting (I enjoy seeing the pictures).

Sorry that your parents package is not going to work out for your trip. :(

I don't like the sound of the high airfare.

Thanks Kathy, I went a long time with no painting so it's been nice to get back to that.

We didn't have high hopes for my parents' package to work, but it's disappointing nonetheless. :rolleyes2

Oh the airfare is going to be the death of this trip!

Good morning Wendy,

I haven't had much time to comment on TR's lately, but wanted to check in and let you know I'm still reading along. I'm sorry that your parents time share didn't work out, but I'm also glad to know that won't hinder your trip.

I am excited to get that important, PTR link soon! :goodvibes

I haven't had much time myself, so I totally get it.

It is too bad about their timeshare not working, but I just feel bad for them more than anything. What a waste.

PTR link hopefully will be included in the next update!

I'm sad it is over, but I also know what a frustrating trip it was for you and Johnny (but at least we got to meet).

Ideal seating on Soarin'. :thumbsup2

Nope...not doing Orange or Green on Mission. I'll just sit out and wait. :rotfl:

I can't believe we didn't run into you at Epcot that evening as we were there (although we left around 7:00 or so).

LOVE the Cronut!

I'm glad you found some clothes at the outlet. I have that Beauty & The Beast shirt too...bought it a couple of months ago.

I'm glad that your niece made the trip bearable for you...she sounds like a delight.

Awwww, I remember us talking about TR's for our respective trips when we met up and how hard it would be to really put a lot of effort in. Obviously much more difficult for you. I'm glad you did it though if for no other reason than completeness.

Seasons Strawberry Shortcake, I shall see you soon!!!!!

What a bummer to not get a FP for Maelstrom. It really did get so popular that last week.

Off Kilter. :love: Lumberjack Show. :headache: And "Farewell to Nova Scotia"?????? What a wonderful last show to see.

I am super glad you got to at least have this one day of alone time. I'm sure this felt like normal finally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter