We Don't Play Nice With Others. (Complete!)

I keep meaning to finish off the replies on this thread and I just keep forgetting! Sorry guys, I'll get to it in 5 minutes. Maybe 10. :rolleyes1

The best way to get over a less-than-stellar trip is to plan and write about a new one!

Sometimes we can only know what we don't like, until we try that. And even if you were pretty sure going into it that would be the case at least now you know for sure. I am sorry that overall the trip was a bit burdensome and frustrating. Juggling agendas is always difficult. I am glad there were some highlights too though and hope that as time passes, the good is what will stick.

I had a horrible trip in 2001 but all I remember now, really remember, is Evan hugging every character he could find. The good will stick. Just give it time.

Excited for the new PTR but sad that the timeshare package is a bust.
So very true Cynthia! Planning this year's is therapeutic.
I'm glad we tried it, since you can never be sure until you do. I am sure you're right and the good will stick.

Wow - I was two updates behind.

So here's what I think - If the two of you had been offsite (but closer) you would have been fine. If the 8 of you had been onsite with access to Disney transportation you would have been fine.

But the combo of off site and 8 people was too much. It just wasn't the Disney magic you were used to.

I never really factor in gas cost because we like renting a car, but the whole having to pay for parking probably really does add up and since you guys always go during free dining, well its hard to compete with that.

Anyway - thanks for sharing. Your last day at Epcot looked fun.

Looking forward to your next adventure!
I think you nailed it Mary Ellen. Definitely didn't like how the math worked out in the end. It was some bad Disney math!
We had a great day at Epcot, it was nice to end it there.

Your day at MK sounded pretty good.

Not a bad start at the Main Street Bakery and Mine Train!

And then, sounds like you enjoyed a few attractions with family and you all managed not to murder each other. That is so great to hear the Little Mermaid was such a hit!

Too bad about the Festival of Fantasy parade.

I am so glad to hear you liked Columbia Harbor House! Our favorite place to eat at MK.

:woohoo: for another meet with Rob!!!

Your story about your new friend at the ELP was really heartwarming.

That is fantastic that you rode Mine Train again, got to watch the fireworks and got to check out Enchanted Tales with Belle.

All in all, probably one of the better days of the trip.

I'll catch up with your runaway ending tomorrow, I hope!

:goodvibes
We did have a pretty good day at MK, I can't complain. I know we had a little bit of bad luck, but it's things we'll have to make up for next trip!

I'm sure it's a bit of a relief for you to have this TR wrapped, but I'm still happy that you wrote it! And it was great especially to read about your Dismeets!!! :goodvibes Can't wait for your next TR!!! Gonna hop on over to your PTR now. :thumbsup2
It is a relief, I feel like I don't have to hide from the Dis anymore!

welllll.....i'm sorry for the downs, but glad there were some ups to this trip too. it seems like you really made the best of the situations and enjoyed your Disney time as much as you could. and, like everyone says, there's nothing better for getting over one trip then planning the next fantastic one! heading over to the PTR now!
We tried very hard not to let the downs get us down, but sometimes it's just impossible to salvage enough. Definitely glad to be planning the next!

I never honestly thought I'd be one of those people that feels the need to stay on Disney property since I've always been an offsite person. I'm still not against staying offsite and would certainly do it again, but I am surprised that onsite is my preference.

That is certainly one of the benefits I've had from solo trips. I don't have to worry about anyone else.

YAY for DISMEETS!!!!

I'm really glad you did this TR Wendy. Not every trip is golden and this one just by it's very nature was sure to not be the best. And then to have so many other issues, yeah. But I think at the end of the day, you did get a little Disney time which is always nice, saw the new Potter, you were there for me to meet up with and ride TSM, and one last thing. Just think how easy it will be for your next trip to surpass the last one! ;)
After this trip, I absolutely want to go on a solo trip!
Hahaha yes, it won't be hard for this year's trip to beat this last one, that's for sure!

Wendy, I'm sorry to see it end...even if it wasn't the best trip ever.

I don't think I could ever stay off-site again (we did that when Andy was very little and we stayed in Daytona Beach and drove in 3 different days :crazy2:).

The waiting an hour or two for everyone to be ready to leave would have put me over the edge.

The pool looked nice.

We loved meeting you and Johnny and being able to do a ride with you and talk to you. I'm sorry our plans don't coincide this year, but I am hoping that we will cross paths again at Disney in the not too distant future.

I'm so glad you got to see Rob twice (that's twice more than me :lmao:).

As you know, I'm already on your PTR. :)
I can't see me ever staying off site again. If I ever think about it, I hope someone points me back to this TR.
You know, things were bad, but the worst thing of all was waiting around for everyone every single morning. It was truly nerve-grating.
I was so glad to chat with you guys, and I also hope we can meet up again some time!

sorry for the ups and downs of this trip ... well, I guess sorry for the downs, less so for the ups.

At least you learned how you don't want to do Disney in the future :rotfl2:

A few trips ago we went with another family (10 all together) and after a few days we definitely started doing more of our own thing and just meeting up for some meals, etc. - it's just hard to get that many people pulling in the same direction at the same time all the time.

We've stayed off site several times (via timeshare) and it largely due to size of accommodations ... more than 5 people and fitting on site is either a) a tight fit or b) super expensive. So I am not one of those that think it is the worst thing ever to stay off site - but it is definitely different being inside the Disney bubble the entire trip

Hope you next trip makes up for any of the negatives from this trip :thumbsup2
You're right, this was a "what not to do" learning experience!
I can see benefits to staying off site, it just wasn't working well for us.

I hope so too!

Great wrap up. Did I tell you about my first trip to WDW. It was back in 08. Went with sister in law and her family. It was closer for her and hubby from loosing their Mom 17 years earlier. (She always wanted to take her kids and never got to.) We had done our homework. But things didn't go as plan. It wasn't an awful trip. Born out of that trip was two households that fell in love with WDW. Sister in Law made two more trips within a year of that trip. And has many times since. I haven't been as lucky to make as many trips, but think and plan a little every day. Keep the good memories and forget the bad. You have some memories that will stay with you always.
Can't wait to find time to read your next PTR.
That's a great story, and so true. Going to let the bad all go and keep the good!

Glad that you have gotten through this trip and are on to planning the next one!! It will be better. I am with you about staying off site. Won't do it again. I also understand the frustrations of getting everyone going. That being said...I might do a solo trip my next time.
Honestly, I'd love to do solo. Although having said that, I have to admit that Johnny and I are always on the same page so going with him is no harder than going solo.

That was a short trip. I understand what you mean about this not being your fave trip. I think we've all been spoiled with some awesome trips and feel let down sometimes.

Glad you did have some fun though.

OK, I have caught up on the ending and wrap-up to your report.

I'm glad that you have been able to devote more time to painting and your art. You are very talented and I enjoy seeing samples of your work on FB. :thumbsup2

I know that it is really tough to go on a trip with others who don't necessarily share your love of Disney, touring style and stamina. Seriously, they stayed at the condo one day?!? Our first trip with the boys was with friends who visit Florida frequently. They wanted to spend mornings at the pool and we didn't arrive to the parks until 11 every day. NOT COOL for rope drop devotees like us!

What a fantastic day at EPCOT!

We like the new Test Track too. Soarin' is always fun. Living with the Land is great. And what more can be said about that amazing Strawberry Shortcake!

You certainly hit the sweet treats at F&W..

Beautiful wide shot of Illuminations.

I love the story of your swim in the dark in the rain with Johnny's niece. And the game room with one game. :rotfl2:

Now... on to the planning for the next trip!

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter