WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I *sincerely* doubt the water parks will open this year. I doubt the resort pools will be open, which is going to suck.

I also have Park Hoppers for 8/15-24. I guess I should cancel them. I'm sure we'll all be getting some emails in the coming weeks describing everything.

Resorts don't fall under the task force responsibilities - it is up to Disney.

True but not at least saying when resorts would open is causing more questions.

So, with July 11th opening, one would think resorts open at least a day earlier? But, maybe that will be known later today as website notice is adjusted.

Well looks like we are cancelling. We were to arrive on the 11th. With only 2 parks for 4 days not worth the cost. Plus not even sure who is getting in yet? I didn’t read everything yet

I have a July 11th - 14th trip booked. So I guess I'm OK for reservations...?
But I also bought Park Hoppers - I wonder if Park Hopping is possibly going to be a NO-GO, I hope they refund the difference in ticket prices.
From the sounds of it, you need a specific reservation for a park in addition to your resort/tickets. They will have a separate online registration for that. Seems pretty clear park hopping is out and I expect refunds will be given.

I had bought the “water parks and sports” add on to my park ticket. Hoping they refund that too since otherwise I paid $400 for mini golf!!!!!

I 'assume' (key word) they will roll out some Disney Parks Blog announcements and update the operations page at some point today - I have been checking them and so far they are unchanged.
We might not hear anything from Disney for several days, actually. This was just a proposal, and it has to be approved by the task force and then approved by the governor. Disney might wait to talk to guests until everything has been rubber-stamped by the officials :(

Universal and Sea World indicated the CDC said COVID is killed by the chemicals in the pool, and said their water parks will be open. Sea World gave guidelines today for social distancing (pool chairs etc) and sanitizing (rafts in between use, etc). We can't know yet what Disney will do.

I *sincerely* doubt the water parks will open this year. I doubt the resort pools will be open, which is going to suck.

I also have Park Hoppers for 8/15-24. I guess I should cancel them. I'm sure we'll all be getting some emails in the coming weeks describing everything.
Volcano Bay was included in USO plans, wonder why Disney isn't talking about their water parks.

Probably won't be
AP/DVC holders all have park hopping with their ticket. Any guest can purchase PH. If they take away for one, they have to take away for all. This is a money maker and I don't see them taking it away. If you look at the twitter feed, they announced that DS is at capacity. Disney hopefully will follow this for their parks letting guests know which parks are open or not. Also, if you choose MK one day and decide to do another park on that day, they can't stop you from changing your plans.

Chapek is appearing on CNBC in a few minutes. We may hear a few more details then.

The people I feel bad for are late June/early July reservations.

Talk about being in limbo since you could potentially do a resort heavy stay with your leisurely free dining, pool days and potential light crowd park previews.

But for now you know less then people traveling after you. Talk about a gamble if it’s worth the money. It could be a relaxing uniquely magical trip, a super let down or may not even happen.

Last edited:
We might not hear anything from Disney for several days, actually. This was just a proposal, and it has to be approved by the task force and then approved by the governor. Disney might wait to talk to guests until everything has been rubber-stamped by the officials :(
The task force already approved it. They voted on the proposals during the same meeting following the presentations. Last week, the Governor signed off on the Universal plans the day after the task force and the mayor approved them, so it would seem likely that Disney would get approved within a day or two as well. Also, Chapek is about to go live on CNBC.

Anxious to hear about water parks and how the reservation system will work. I would imagine park hoppers will be OK space permitting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter