WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

any word on whether Disney will extend the expiration date on the Florida Resident Discover Disney tickets, which originally were to expire 6/30 and then extended to 7/31?

Volcano Bay was included in USO plans, wonder why Disney isn't talking about their water parks.
I wonder that too. And SeaWorld mentioned water parks, swimming, etc, and something about how the virus isn't shown to be transmitted via water.

I'm glad Disney is being so cautious, but UGH, I cannot imagine a July-October trip down there with no swimming. We went in June last year during one of their record-breaking heat weeks and my mom and I stayed submerged in the pool from about noon until the thunderstorms chased us back to the room each day, LOL.

any word on whether Disney will extend the expiration date on the Florida Resident Discover Disney tickets, which originally were to expire 6/30 and then extended to 7/31?
Nothing like this was discussed. This information will probably start to come out in the upcoming weeks

I'm going 7/20-7/31 (All-Star Sports 1 night, BCV the rest), and I am not getting excited just yet. Still so many questions to answer. What is this advanced reservation system going to look like? How will they handle dining? Resort pools? And to me, the biggest question is what are they going to do for transportation? How can they really implement social distancing on boats, buses, monorails? How are they going to manage park entry?

Don't get me wrong, this is great news, I just don't envy Disney having to come up with all these procedures.

Bob Chapek on CNBC just now. These aren't direct quotes, but the gist of what he said:

- Opening with substantially lower number of guests
- Want to do it in a responsible way
- Not going to give specific numbers because no gov't guidelines on capacity like they had in Shanghai
- Capacity will be a result/calculation of 6' social distance guidance from CDC
- Slowly but surely make baby steps towards accommodating more guests in our parks
- The world is ready to get back to some magic, and Disney can provide that magic
- We would be very excited to have the NBA and MLS finish their seasons at WDW

There was a lot more to the interview but nothing material in terms of theme park or resort operations.

Nothing official but apparently some travel agents got correspondence that these tickets were extended to 9/30. However the fact that wasn't updated in the app could suggest that not being a firm date.

It sucks because I purchased the 4 day park hopper with 4 water park days added and so far I have only used 1 day and 1 water park back on January 2nd and 3rd. Was scheduled to go to Disney for a week earlier this month to utilize the rest of the pass. Not sure how they are going to handle these tickets. Would be great if they just extend them through June 30th 2021 or do a prorated refund.

I know I don't want to go to Disney in July.

On CNBC re: NBA and MSL fininshing seasons at WDW - "even with our reopening there will be plenty of hotels that will NOT be reopened" - I wonder what that means?
That remark really caused me to take note! He is implying that even with park opening some or most resorts will not. YIKES

I wonder if silver AP holders will have a change in blackout dates at all. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't be a long wait since admission on the pass opens back up on 8/7, but with the closure I think it would be at least somewhat reasonable for early readmittance. Then again, it may be nice just to see how things go for a few weeks.

so from what i am gathering they haven't released capacity numbers or percentages?
interested to see what crowds they are allowing.

Nothing official but apparently some travel agents got correspondence that these tickets were extended to 9/30. However the fact that wasn't updated in the app could suggest that not being a firm date.

It sucks because I purchased the 4 day park hopper with 4 water park days added and so far I have only used 1 day and 1 water park back on January 2nd and 3rd. Was scheduled to go to Disney for a week earlier this month to utilize the rest of the pass. Not sure how they are going to handle these tickets. Would be great if they just extend them through June 30th 2021 or do a prorated refund.

I know I don't want to go to Disney in July.

It's right on the Disney website - just scroll down and click on Tickets: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/

They extended those to 9/30/2020 several weeks ago, FYI. I'd have to go back and remind myself exactly when it changed on the website, but it's been like that awhile.

From UK what are BTG's
Some use it for Big Tour Groups(Sports/School,etc) and some use it for Brazil Tour Groups.

The Brazil Tour Groups and other South American Countries have HUGE groups of 15 year old girls who come to WDW(July is the BIG month) to celebrate being 15.

They are commonly referred to as The 15s.

With the situation right now in Brazil,I would think The 15s from Brazil in particular would be seeing their trips in peril of not happening in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter