WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

That remark really caused me to take note! He is implying that even with park opening some or most resorts will not. YIKES
I think he's just saying if we only have 10,000 park guests we might only open 2 or 3 hotels, don't need them all open? So some hotels would be available for NBA or MLS.

MK opens July 11
Epcot and HS opening July 15

There will be a pre arrival reservation system.

(Live streaming now)

I'm curious if the parks reopen in July - will the APs restart on that date too? My daughter has ADHD and there's just no way she's going to wear a mask all day in a park, school, restaurant, etc. especially in Florida heat. Any chance they'll come up with an "freeze" on the AP until such time as things go back to some form of normalcy, or are we going to be SOL and have lost all that money on trips we could've taken but cant?

I'm curious if the parks reopen in July - will the APs restart on that date too? My daughter has ADHD and there's just no way she's going to wear a mask all day in a park, school, restaurant, etc. especially in Florida heat. Any chance they'll come up with an "freeze" on the AP until such time as things go back to some form of normalcy, or are we going to be SOL and have lost all that money on trips we could've taken but cant?
You would still need park admission in addition to the entry reservation for the reopening dates in July, so I'd presume APs could be used for that. Unless they are selling separate tickets for it? Its been my understanding that Disney will be extending your AP for the same number of days the park was closed, so that would make you whole.

FYI, new splash page disclaimer/update text on Disney's website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

Walt Disney World Resort Temporary Closures and Important InformationWalt Disney World Resort Temporary Closures and Important Information
• Pending approval from government officials, the phased reopening plans we submitted calls for Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney Resort hotels to open beginning July 11 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15.

• Additionally, Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Members and Guests on June 22. Disney Vacation Club properties in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open on June 15. Disney Springs has begun a phased reopening. Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort Hotels, restaurants and other offerings may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to availability or closure. Learn more.

• We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. Follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World Resort. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.

I saw something online about Shanghai Disney holding off on restarting the AP clock until after the "reservation ticket period" is done, but that hasn't been announced for any other Disney parks.

Ha! Was just about to post this. Was looking at the H2O Glow Nights, wondering if they'd be on.
EDIT: missed - it was the info from the website.

No information on the MNSSHP which starts in August. No mention of reduced capacity for both parks and resorts. No mention of the refillable mugs, however Sea World did. Also, how long are we to follow these rules?? Are we talking a few weeks, the rest of this year, any idea??
How long? We are all probably looking at the new norm if some people have anything to do with it! It's likely we will be wearing masks for the rest of my life....

I would think the Skyliner would be the perfect way to social distance and travel between resort and DHS/Epcot.
Any reservations for All Stars could likely be moved to POP/AOA and some moderates could move to CBR/Riviera

On CNBC re: NBA and MSL fininshing seasons at WDW - "even with our reopening there will be plenty of hotels that will NOT be reopened" - I wonder what that means?

After 9/11, they closed some hotels temporarily until demand was back up. It’s been a while, but IIRC French Quarter was closed, and I think Pop, since AOA didn’t exist yet. They closed some buildings at deluxe resorts to reduce availability. It’s not a permanent thing. It’s just a way to cut costs until they can run with higher occupancy.

I'm worried about the temperature scans. I don't want to spend so much money for travel and staying on property just to be turned away at the gates. I run hot on a normal basis, but I also am prone to sunburn. If they do temperature scans, that only takes the surface temp, and sunburned skin is generally hotter than normal skin. Does anyone have experience with these temperature scans like from Disney Springs or Universal?

We love Disney and go every year but selfishly (Yes, I admit) I cannot visit with these restrictions. Parades/fireworks/characters are what make it special for us. I live in Jersey and I don't want to wear a mask like I am waiting to go into Home Depot. I am booked for Nov 1st so I will wait it out but every self prediction I have made has been way off so looks like 2021 for us :(

I appreciate that they are putting a temporary pause on new ticket sales and reservations as they work out the pre-arrival reservation system. I'm sure the call-center cast members appreciate that as well. I feel for them and the amount of calls they've probably fielded through all of this uncertainty. It is nice that they got to work from home during all of this (had a call with one last week to cancel a cruise).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter