WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Hi - I’m unable to search for this question - do you need to make a reservation for the park you intend to hop to? If I reserve MK and go that morning but hope to hop to AK in the afternoon do I make an additional reservation for AK on that same day?
Thank you!

No. You don't make a reservation for the park your hopping to.
You do have to enter the park you have reservations in the morning first

Hi - are park reservations needed for the park you hop to later in the day? I have park reservations for Mk in the morning and wondering if I also need to make park reservations to hop to AK that same day (afternoon)? Thanks!

You just need to check in the park with your first park reservation, make sure you have a park hopper ticket, and the park you want to hop to at 2 pm has capacity.
There is no second park reservation needed

If you drive to MK and park at TTC what's the earliest you can get to the turnstiles based on boat/monorail schedules?

I found this info before, but have searched and can’t find now. What rides/areas are currently running in MK in the 45-60 minute window before official park opening time?

Edit: found that thread I was thinking of and posted there

Last edited:
This has probably been asked, but I can't seem to search on my mobile, please forgive duplicate question.

If I reserve Magic Kingdom and arrive at rope drop, but choose to take the kiddos back for a nap mid afternoon, do I run the risk of not being re-admitted when we return for the evening with the new park reservation system?

This has probably been asked, but I can't seem to search on my mobile, please forgive duplicate question.

If I reserve Magic Kingdom and arrive at rope drop, but choose to take the kiddos back for a nap mid afternoon, do I run the risk of not being re-admitted when we return for the evening with the new park reservation system?
no, the park you reserve is guaranteed for the day

Question: I look in MDE and did not find the answer. So, you can make a reservation at one park and start the day there, then at 2:00 you can "hop" over to a different park. If you want, can you after an hour or so hop over to a "third" park?

Thanks.

Question: I look in MDE and did not find the answer. So, you can make a reservation at one park and start the day there, then at 2:00 you can "hop" over to a different park. If you want, can you after an hour or so hop over to a "third" park?

Thanks.
There's no time frame to go from second to third. On Jan 1, when PH came back, there were reports of people going to their morning reservation, then entered all 3 other parks within the first hour of park hopping (by 3pm).

Yes as long as the park is available

This is a bit confusing to me at least. HOW do you know if the park has availability if you don't have to get a park reservation for the park you are hopping to? I don't want to hop only to be turned away because of capacity.

This is a bit confusing to me at least. HOW do you know if the park has availability if you don't have to get a park reservation for the park you are hopping to? I don't want to hop only to be turned away because of capacity.
There hasn't been anyone having issues park hopping so far but you can always check with guest relations to make sure

From the Disneyworld website:

"Please note that the ability to visit another park will be subject to the park’s capacity limitations. In the event that the Park Hopper option is unavailable at a theme park, Guests will be notified in real time via a push notification from the My Disney Experience app."

I've taken a month or so off from this thread between trips and of course have gotten very behind. Is the best Hollywood Studios rope drop procedure still to Uber either to Speedway or Boardwalk (with a mobile order from Boardwalk Bakery) and then walk? Staying at Caribbean Beach, and I am assuming the skyliner is still not a great option for HS rope drop? And what time is best for arrival for a 10am opening to beat the cars, buses, and skyliner? 8:45am? or earlier, later? Thanks.
These are my notes from a recent 9am opening.
We were staying at Boardwalk.
We were basically the first family in the park.---

Copy/paste from my notes:

Left the room about 710am.
Got to the poles about 722am.
Temp check line up about 745.
About 0808 the let us stream to the tapstyles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter