WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I'm looking at a Friday and Saturday later this month and MK close time is 6pm? Is it possible that will get extended?

Has anyone experienced trying to get a park reservation with no availability? Especially on day of or a few days before you want to visit the park. Our trip is Feb 11-15. We normally purchase Military discounted tickets. But all of the military installations near us are sold out and won’t be getting anymore tickets before our trip. We can buy them onsite at WDW. But I’m worried buying them after we arrive that the parks won’t have any available reservations.

Has anyone experienced trying to get a park reservation with no availability? Especially on day of or a few days before you want to visit the park. Our trip is Feb 11-15. We normally purchase Military discounted tickets. But all of the military installations near us are sold out and won’t be getting anymore tickets before our trip. We can buy them onsite at WDW. But I’m worried buying them after we arrive that the parks won’t have any available reservations.
merged you to the operational thread.
There have been reports of people successfully getting a reservation when it was "sold out".

Liberty Belle riverboat reopens this Friday, operating hours are from 9:30am to 7pm
om Sawyer Island also reopens Friday no operating hours have been updated. stay tuned
Any word on if they made the Island more wheelchair/ECV accessible during the rehab like they did at Disneyland?

I just wanted to jump in since you mentioned buying direct from Disney and wasn't sure if you meant at Shades of Green? If not, I recommend looking at them as an option. Their Salute tickets are about the same price as on base (maybe 3-5 dollars more).

You can order over by email with a follow-up call to pay for them via credit card, but since it's so close to your trip, I'm not sure how they'd handle that since they FedEx tickets. You can also buy in person when you get there.
https://www.shadesofgreen.org/experiences/attractions
We've booked reservations late in the game these last several months, and once or twice the same day/week. The one park I'd be concerned about is Hollywood Studios on the weekend since it's a holiday. (We went during MLK week and there was full availability though. I picked up a second DHS reservation the week before when we decided to change plans.)

I just wanted to jump in since you mentioned buying direct from Disney and wasn't sure if you meant at Shades of Green? If not, I recommend looking at them as an option. Their Salute tickets are about the same price as on base (maybe 3-5 dollars more).

You can order over by email with a follow-up call to pay for them via credit card, but since it's so close to your trip, I'm not sure how they'd handle that since they FedEx tickets. You can also buy in person when you get there.
https://www.shadesofgreen.org/experiences/attractions
We've booked reservations late in the game these last several months, and once or twice the same day/week. The one park I'd be concerned about is Hollywood Studios on the weekend since it's a holiday. (We went during MLK week and there was full availability though. I picked up a second DHS reservation the week before when we decided to change plans.)
Yes, I should have clarified...we’re buying them at Shades Of Green. But I assume it’s too close to our travel date for them to fedex because she didn’t offer it when I called them. So my concern is getting there and not having access to parks if we can’t get last minute reservations. I do think your comment about Hollywood studios is on point. That’s the park I’m most concerned about.

What’s the latest on the “Uber to Speedway”
Method for rope dropping HS? Does this still work to be in the front of the temp check line?

Quick and easy - how early is AK opening the parking lots for an 8am opening? Don’t feel like looping around and around

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter