WDW by iPhone

cyberbox2

DIS Veteran
In December i decided to take my family on a short four day trip to the World minimal packing and baggage, whicj means no laptop. We left Richmond last night at five. Made it to Brunswick by midnight. Listened to last weeks pocast and E-mail show to help the time go by! Finally hitting 95 this morning to get to All Star Sports by noon, hopefully. Head straight to A.K. Right after check in. Can't wait to see the new Nemo show! Will I see Kaht Kam today?

Surfing the DIS boards while in line to what ever will sure make the time go by, and something that never would have been possible not to long ago.
Anyway our adventure begins today!

Finally checked into the all star sports. Surfs up building. Right now we are on the tram heading to A.K. Its 81 degrees out here and I think I just found out where summer has been hiding:-) RFC lunch ressies at 2pm what should we do for an hour? So many choices.

Did you forget to pick me up on your way out of Richmond? :sad2: ;)

I loved having my Treo in the parks w/ me last time I went. It came in very handy! I kept steve soares' site up in IE and referred to it constantly!

Have a wonderful trip! I'm jealous.

I am still stuck here in Richmond. Boo hoo. Have a great trip!

You lucky ducky you! Right now its about 39 degrees and raining in NJ

I loved having my Treo in the parks w/ me last time I went. It came in very handy! I kept steve soares' site up in IE and referred to it constantly!

I'm so sorry Annette how unDisney of me:-( We have a Ford Freestyle so we did have two extra seats & a luggage rack. We live off of Hopkins rd so we just take 288 to 95 and we're on our way.
We just got seated on Everest so I gotta go! Still no Bawb. Nemo's next!

You're making me very excited! I'll be there next weekend. Would have asked you to swing by and pick me up, but I was afraid WA state was a little out of the way...:lmao:

I'm so sorry Annette how unDisney of me:-( We have a Ford Freestyle so we did have two extra seats & a luggage rack. We live off of Hopkins rd so we just take 288 to 95 and we're on our way.
We just got seated on Everest so I gotta go! Still no Bawb. Nemo's next!

Ooh, a post from the Everest queue... Love it!

Yeah, you would've had to go a little out of your way to pick me up. I'm up near VA Center Commons. I'd have driven down to 288, though! :)

Have a wonderful trip! Keep those eyes peeled for Bawb:moped: and any others of the Podcast crew!

MATT! Oh, my gosh... I just looked up your profile and saw your website. Holy cow, those are some fantastic photos! I grew up going to KDH on vactions, too. Only we were at MP 2. And how's this for crazy - my parents just moved to Edenton!!

Ooh, a post from the Everest queue... Love it!

Yeah, you would've had to go a little out of your way to pick me up. I'm up near VA Center Commons. I'd have driven down to 288, though! :)

Have a wonderful trip! Keep those eyes peeled for Bawb:moped: and any others of the Podcast crew!

MATT! Oh, my gosh... I just looked up your profile and saw your website. Holy cow, those are some fantastic photos! I grew up going to KDH on vactions, too. Only we were at MP 2. And how's this for crazy - my parents just moved to Edenton!!

that is crazy Annette! Like Walt said " Its a small world after all" we go to Edrnton every December for the candle light tour, if you've never had the chance to do that, its a must!! Also thank you for taking the time to check out my website. Nothing gets me more excited about photography than wonderful beaches!
Just got out of the Nemo show, absolutely incredible. Now we are off to MGM, then back to All Star Sports for night time swim in the 82 degree water ( thanks for the info Corey) Bawb... Where are you Bawb?

Off Topic. Sorry.

I have a Treo from Verizon 650 (I think) from Verizon and getting the Disboards is pretty tough. What browser are you using?

I would ditch the Treo but it is a company bill and they pay for the service and mobile internet so I shouldn't complain.

Sorry Cyber...tonight was Bob's birthday dinner.

We were at the Celebration Town Tavern.

Kevin

Drake, the iPhone uses the Safari browser and with the exception of the lack of a Flash plug-in, its fully functional.

So we left AK and heard to MGM around 6pm. The weather at sunset as just incredible. I felt nether hot or cold, it just felt nice and even. Waiting in line for TofT has never been such a joy. We watched a street show, ate Mickey bars and just strolled around the relatively empty park. Left around 8pm for DTD, now that was chaos! It took forever just to park. But we had to get DS some swimming trunks, he's out grown the ones from last summer. Got the shorts, checked out the T-Rex wall sign, took a quick lap around the world of Disney store (who am I kidding, that wasn't quick) and got out of there. Pulled into the All Star Sports about 10pm. Unloaded the car, changed into our swimming suits and headed for the pool. We made a quick pit stop at the End Zone, that pit stop cost me 36 bucks! Hit the pool, dove right in and it felt great. Swam several laps played games with the kids and after close to an hour, headed back to our room. It midnight now and we are finally settleing down. What a long day. Although I'm beyond tired, I'm ready to get up again by 8am and do it all over again:-) Tomorrow ( or should I say later today) we are heading to EPCOT. I'm surprising my wife with an illuminations cruise (her bday is the 12th)so that will be a great way to end our day at EPCOT.
Where meeting at the Yatch Club marina at 8:30. I can't seem to find Bawb, so now Bawb will know where to find me;-)

More to come from the World tomorrow!

Sorry Cyber...tonight was Bob's birthday dinner.

We were at the Celebration Town Tavern.

Kevin

Well then I'll give him an excused absence, you know kinda like the ones I wished my kids were getting for missing school. I guess telling their teacher we taking a field trip to find out where summer goes for the winter wasn't such a good idea.

I hope you all had a great time of food and laughter Kevin:-)
Man I gotta get some sleep!

Off Topic. Sorry.

I have a Treo from Verizon 650 (I think) from Verizon and getting the Disboards is pretty tough. What browser are you using?

I would ditch the Treo but it is a company bill and they pay for the service and mobile internet so I shouldn't complain.

Mine's through Verizon as well. I have a 700wx which has Windows Mobile, so I use Internet Explorer.

Up by 7:45, out by 8:45. Here we go again! Heading to the End Zone now for breakfast then onto more Disney magic:-)

Its sunny, clear and already 60 degrees. The birds chirping, people are starting to move around and I can smell excitement in the air.

I'm enjoying your trip report - keep it up!

This REALLY makes me want an Iphone too!:thumbsup2

what a day this has been. We've completely explored EPCOT. Its a little cooler this evening than it was last night but I can feel the heat on my face from the bright shinning Florida sun. Where to eat dinner? Probably somewhere near the International Gateway, remember the Illuminations cruise? Not long to go!
everything is just so beautiful and lush here. Not something I'm used tonseeing in February. Also we are going to be looking at some homes in the Spring Hill area tomorrow. Great area about 75 miles from Disney on the west coast and the realestate prices are very very reasonable.

I must move here!!! I was not meant to habitate north of Jacksonville:-)
still no Bawb or the rest of the crew but hey, I know they are busy with studios, pools, dinning reveiws & presidental campaigns.

Sounds like y'all are having a fabulous time!

Can't wait to hear the wife's reaction to the cruise.

If you're looking for someplace to eat near EPCOT, don't forget how much the Podcast crew loves Yacht Club Galley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter