Warning- daily safety and security room check

Personally, I don't think these checks would do anything to stop an attack such as the one in Las Vegas. I didn't feel one way or the other about them at first, but after reading others experiences, I don't like them at all from a personal safety view. People have reported late evening knocks on their doors, loud persistent knocking and less than friendly security. I have also read of people getting to the door to find no one outside. All of those things can be intimidating, especially to a solo traveler or a woman traveling alone with children.

I think it's only a matter of time before some creeper will get wise to this and use it as a way to gain entry into someones room. I personally would not open my door to anyone while in the room until I've called the front desk to make sure the person standing outside is, in fact security. I would tell him/her I am calling the front desk to verify his/her identity first.

Personally, I don't think these checks would do anything to stop an attack such as the one in Las Vegas. I didn't feel one way or the other about them at first, but after reading others experiences, I don't like them at all from a personal safety view. People have reported late evening knocks on their doors, loud persistent knocking and less than friendly security. I have also read of people getting to the door to find no one outside. All of those things can be intimidating, especially to a solo traveler or a woman traveling alone with children.

I think it's only a matter of time before some creeper will get wise to this and use it as a way to gain entry into someones room. I personally would not open my door to anyone while in the room until I've called the front desk to make sure the person standing outside is, in fact security. I would tell him/her I am calling the front desk to verify his/her identity first.

Your plan is a solid one. It’s hard for me anyway to feel secure with the security checks.

Your plan is a solid one. It’s hard for me anyway to feel secure with the security checks.

It has made me rethink the possibility of a solo trip. To think a Disney policy that is supposed to make guests feel more secure could possibly have the opposite effect on many of their solo or women guests, is sad. I have a feeling they will be re-thinking this policy, I just hope it doesn't take something bad happening for them to do that.

It has made me rethink the possibility of a solo trip. To think a Disney policy that is supposed to make guests feel more secure could possibly have the opposite effect on many of their solo or women guests, is sad. I have a feeling they will be re-thinking this policy, I just hope it doesn't take something bad happening for them to do that.

I am with you, likely to avoid future trips without my husband. I am not sure if they will discontinue the policy but implementation could be improved.

Except the "front desk" option on your room phone actually goes to a call centre, so the person who answers your call truly knows LESS than you do!

Could try calling the resort front desk via your cell phone and ask to talk to security. I am going to add the front desk contact number for the resort we are staying at for our upcoming trip to my contacts in my phone.

Except the "front desk" option on your room phone actually goes to a call centre, so the person who answers your call truly knows LESS than you do!

What?!! I did not know that. Scary!

I don't know what they were thinking when they thought their guests should open their doors to strangers on blind faith that the person is who they say they are. It goes against everything we are ever taught to do while staying in a hotel.

It probably won't do any good, but I think I will write a letter, just don't know where to send it. Anyone know the best place to direct my letter or email?

Could try calling the resort front desk via your cell phone and ask to talk to security. I am going to add the front desk contact number for the resort we are staying at for our upcoming trip to my contacts in my phone.

Good idea!

It probably won't do any good, but I think I will write a letter, just don't know where to send it. Anyone know the best place to direct my letter or email?

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Bob Chapek
Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
Robert.Chapek@disney.com

Meg Crofton
President of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations in United States and France
818-560-7401
meg.crofton@disney.com

George Kalogridis
President of Walt Disney World
407-828-2600
george.kalogridis@disney.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter