Warning- daily safety and security room check

I am also wondering if the room refurbishments have anything to do with these security checks. I can see Disney trying to nip the room destruction in the bud with these daily checks. To avoid the specter of any particular persons or groups being targeted for room checks Disney might need to do them on all rooms "just to be fair".

So let's recap what room checks "accomplish" possibly from Disney's perspective although Disney has never said why they are checking the rooms.
Monitor for:
Human Trafficking.
Crazed mass murderer(s).
Too many people or adults using the room.
Room destruction.
illegal drug use or manufacturing (Meth Lab) ...

and finally let's not forget about a Dis Boards favorite... using the coffee machine to make hot dogs although, with a Keurig machine, it is proving to be quite the challenge to cram a package of hot dogs into the pod receptacle.

~NM
PS. All the crazed mass murderers are currently working Halloween Horror Nights at Universal so that should make Housekeeping feel better.

Love this!

You forget a couple:

Catching up on work
Sleeping late after attending an after hours event
Taking a nap
Enjoying Adult time

Love this!

You forget a couple:

Catching up on work
Sleeping late after attending an after hours event
Taking a nap
Enjoying Adult time

Yes, there is no sleeping while at WDW. You can sleep when you are dead. Housekeeping is definitely checking for slackers who are napping. Those dance parties are in desperate need of dancers, so get Moving, Shaking and Celebrating!

~NM

I just read on the guest experience thread where a CM walked in on a couple whose wife was changing after the husband LOUDLY said one moment please! Geez!!

Maybe as a revenue enhancer, they could charge for room checks during a desired time. Or, you could bundle things like If you buy Early Magic mornings, for $25 more we guarantee to clean your room/check your room during that time.

I just read on the guest experience thread where a CM walked in on a couple whose wife was changing after the husband LOUDLY said one moment please! Geez!!

Maybe as a revenue enhancer, they could charge for room checks during a desired time. Or, you could bundle things like If you buy Early Magic mornings, for $25 more we guarantee to clean your room/check your room during that time.

You might be able to get a finders fee from Disney for that idea!

Please don't give them any more bad ideas. Too many bad things are happening already, let's not make it even worse.

Please don't give them any more bad ideas. Too many bad things are happening already, let's not make it even worse.

Agree- sorry! It sounds outrageous and I'm joking but many of the upcharges they have now we wouldn't dream of being a reality a few years ago. I also think that Disney has forgotten that you can actually increase revenue by actually spending money and increasing guest satisfaction. When a guest is happy, they spend more, tip more, and come back more often. They have to be giving out free nights, refunds, etc. by guests being disturbed/walked in on, etc.

Agree- sorry! It sounds outrageous and I'm joking but many of the upcharges they have now we wouldn't dream of being a reality a few years ago. I also think that Disney has forgotten that you can actually increase revenue by actually spending money and increasing guest satisfaction. When a guest is happy, they spend more, tip more, and come back more often. They have to be giving out free nights, refunds, etc. by guests being disturbed/walked in on, etc.

Wait a minute, you mean I could have monetized being walked in on back in February???? Missed the boat.

Disney is spending money like crazy.

I also have no problem with upcharges. If someone wants to pay more for a few drinks to go along with their view of the fireworks, more power to them. The only thing I have a problem with is the parking fee. But everything else I can easily avoid, or pay for if I want to.

So what exactly is the purpose of a security check, if it is a glance around the room. Surely if someone has something to hide, it will not be placed on a table or the bed or immediately visible if a wardrobe is opened.

But if they place it in the trash, h/k security will likely remove it during a room check.

Last edited:
I wonder if Disney is just checking the rooms for damage or being trashed by people? Or if that is part of it. Also I remember reading an article in the last year about a credit card data stealing operation that was busted in an AoA room. The occupants had a machine cranking out cards with stolen info if I remember correctly. Maybe unrelated but something they discovered in a room. We were at Pop 15 nights last summer and had no housekeeping. We never used the sign on our door. We were in our room most afternoons 3-4 hours at least for my teen to nap. We were there for 2 checks. Both housekeepers. They both knocked several times. Long enough for me to get up (reading in bed) and answer the door. I opened the door wide. The woman saw my sleeper and thanked me and appologized and left. The other, a man came in and scanned the entire room but didn’t go into the bathroom or sink area although he could see into the sink area somewhat. Then quickly left. He touched nothing. Just looked all around the main room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter