Warning- daily safety and security room check

Please see the post from DaisyLuv above. It appears that the policy now allows guests to call and schedule room visits using a phone number printed on the RO card. I am gratedful to DisneyLuv for sharing in detail the info she was able to obtain on the phone call she received after sending her email earlier on the day yesterday.

I am really glad I did. After the call it dawned on me that I did not include my phone number in the email, so they must have taken the time to look up my information based on my email address. I am impressed they took the time to do that on a Sunday and get back to me within two hours of sending my email. I have never felt compelled to write a company before. However, the perspective of a solo, or woman traveling alone with children really bothered me, and was making me rethink the possibility of a solo trip.

I also believe this policy could be used by someone with ill-intent to gain access to someones room.

This is what I would urge everyone to do, but especially solo's and women alone with children.

When in your room ALWAYS keep the latch engaged.

Emma told me if you are not comfortable opening your door, to please call security and tell them someone is knocking on your door and you want to verify their identity. They will send security to your room.

She assured me the safety and comfort of their guest is of the utmost importance to them and they are still working out the kinks. Report any misuse of this policy, i.e. failure to identify themselves, entering room without sufficient knocking or warning, or anything you deem inappropriate. I would not only report to resort management, but also send an email to the executives.

So after a terrible experience at Saratoga, I just had a wonderful stay at Jambo House.

We weren't bothered once. In fact, housekeeping was in the hallway, taking care of rooms around us and didn't knock or attempt to come in. They waited until we left. And once, they waited until after 3pm, since we didn't leave the room until then.

Security didn't knock or bother us.

We are DVC and only had trash taken and on one day received clean towels and replacement sundries.

So after a terrible experience at Saratoga, I just had a wonderful stay at Jambo House.

We weren't bothered once. In fact, housekeeping was in the hallway, taking care of rooms around us and didn't knock or attempt to come in. They waited until we left. And once, they waited until after 3pm, since we didn't leave the room until then.

Security didn't knock or bother us.

We are DVC and only had trash taken and on one day received clean towels and replacement sundries.

Glad to hear that! I'm not sure what the policy differences are for DVC, but she had to check before answering one of my questions because she said it was different for DVC, and she wanted to give me the most up-to-date information.

My email specifically addressed my concerns for the solo and woman alone with children issue.

She said that DVC has different rules and didn't go into them since that doesn't apply to me.

She said that Mousekeeping would count as a security check and you shouldn't be bothered by a knock on your door.

Thanks all who replied and thank you DaisyLuv for sharing the response to your email.

Fingers crossed as I will have mousekeeping I won’t experience the security checks. However I will also keep an eye out for the number on the RO card and ask for it at the front desk.

I wouldn’t feel at all comfortable letting a man, even in cast member clothes, into my room whilst travelling alone without confirming his identity.

We got back from a trip Sept 9th and stayed at PO Riverside. There were a couple days that we refused Mousekeeping. On those days, we received a phone call asking us when a good time would be to security check our room. They waited until we left the room. On the days we had Mousekeeping, we did not have security checks.

We got back from a trip Sept 9th and stayed at PO Riverside. There were a couple days that we refused Mousekeeping. On those days, we received a phone call asking us when a good time would be to security check our room. They waited until we left the room. On the days we had Mousekeeping, we did not have security checks.

That is great to hear!!

Glad to hear that! I'm not sure what the policy differences are for DVC, but she had to check before answering one of my questions because she said it was different for DVC, and she wanted to give me the most up-to-date information.
We actually don't receive daily housekeeping. Recently they changed the policy to include daily trash collection.

That puts housekeeping in our room every day. And that counts as our daily visit.

We just returned Sunday from a 10 night stay (9/6 - 16th) at The Contemporary Atrium Club and not once did we get a knock at the door and we never put the "room occupied" sign out.

Last edited:
This appeared in the pinned post on the resorts thread Guest experiences with daily room checks, post 236:

Five nights at Boardwalk end of August into September. We had the 'Room Occupied' sign on our door whenever we were in it, and I had the door latched. One time we came back mid afternoon, and our room had not been cleaned. We darkened the room to take a nap, including the room occupied sign, and the latch. About 3:45 the phone rang, and it was a recorded message (I believe from the hotel manager??) that stated they have been unable to enter our room due to the room occupied sign, the message went on to say that by the time I get the message someone has probably already knocked on the door. The message also detailed the policy, and the reasoning behind it. He also said that we can schedule housekeeping or security check with them for the rest of our stay (this seemed like a hassle as I didn't really know when we'd be in our room). A few minutes later there was a knock on the door from housekeeping. I explained we didn't need services for that day, but I understood she needed to come in our room. She did, and emptied the trash, and gave us fresh towels. Other than that our room was cleaned while we were out.

I am very happy that Disney is finally listening to guest concerns about these, at times, intrusive room inspections. I am also happy that this will hopefully make life easier for the CM's that have to perform these room checks.

~NM

Hard to give a time when checks are good for those coming back to resort for mid-day rest.
I think we will just let housekeeping do their thing most days.

Last edited:
How does that wording prevent them knocking just as you fall asleep for a midday nap?

Another poster was told in a recent phone call to Disney about these room checks that a phone number to call to schedule checks would be printed on the RO signs now. If that number isn’t available the poster was told to call the front desk I believe to obtain the number to call. I am going to try this strategy on my upcoming trip to ask for room checks as we leave our room to avoid mid day nap interruptions. It’s worth a shot.

Another poster was told in a recent phone call to Disney about these room checks that a phone number to call to schedule checks would be printed on the RO signs now. If that number isn’t available the poster was told to call the front desk I believe to obtain the number to call. I am going to try this strategy on my upcoming trip to ask for room checks as we leave our room to avoid mid day nap interruptions. It’s worth a shot.
If you don't mind me asking, when is your trip scheduled? We're wanting to go in April, but I'm waiting to see if the issues continue. Your report would be very helpful if before April!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter