Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I have a VWL Dec. 1-7 trip this year. I stayed one night at WL in December before a BWV trip a few years back, and fell in love with the holiday decorations. I've been wanting to go back for a holiday trip. I'm really excited about it, but was feeling a little Swan/Dolphin sad. I decided to leave the day before and have one night in the Dolphin. Now, it seems perfect!

The fee is not waived for any level that I am aware of....

We checked into the Swan on Wednesday for a ten day stay. Booked 2 rooms and was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite.

As a platinum the resort fee was waived for both rooms. This was 48 hours ago

We checked into the Swan on Wednesday for a ten day stay. Booked 2 rooms and was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite.

As a platinum the resort fee was waived for both rooms. This was 48 hours ago

And that is a GOOD thing! :thumbsup2 I am now aware and will be looking for my fee to be waived on future visits! :yay:

We checked into the Swan on Wednesday for a ten day stay. Booked 2 rooms and was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. As a platinum the resort fee was waived for both rooms. This was 48 hours ago

Did you inquire at all about the potential for an upgrade in advance or was it just done for you. (Read on a different board some folks call a few weeks in advance and ask for it to be noted on their reservation). My husband is also platinum and we have two rooms booked in Sept. Would love a 2Br suite upgrade, assuming they aren't all booked by paying customers, and just wondering if there is anyway to improve our chances. My inlaws did not want a potential upgrade to an alcove room, via the suite night award bc they need separate beds, so don't them to think we don't want an upgrade at all dde04 Good to know the resort fee should be waived, as this has had conflicting information.

Hi guys. Just back after a split vacation between the Dolphin and Beach Club, so I posted my comparison here: Just Back: Dolphin vs Beach Club

Bottom line is the Dolphin will continue to get my vacation dollars, but I'm getting closer to switching. Really miffed that I cannot use Starpoints for a suite anymore....

I also felt like I had two different stays at the Dolphin. The first few days there was a huge convention, and the lobby and bars were packed with people in suite and tie. The rest of the week was less busy with families with strollers making up the majority of the clients in the public area. One good thing about the convention days, the pool and Disney transportation were empty!

Just booked a 5 night + a 2 night stay at Dolphin on points...(need one more night to complete) I called and asked for the res. to be linked,so we wouldn't have to switch rooms.... it all looks good, anyone had to do this before,does it cause res. issues, or fastpass+ problems? (concurrent nights, just booking as I get the points)

LOL! I think the S/D owes me quite a few dollars for non-waived resort fees... (I am Gold, also...) Resort fees were never waived for our family.

Resort fees were never automatically waived for gold. When the SPG program initially changed to offer a welcome amenity to spg gold members (150 points, in-room internet, or free drink), Swan and Dolphin initially allowed you to ask for waived resort fee as that welcome amenity. As Dan mentioned, they eliminated the waived resort fee as a gold welcome gift selection.

I'm at the Dolphin now and am spg platinum. The resort fee did appear on my room folio, but I just called down to the front desk and said it was an error and that the fee is still waived for Platinum guests (and doesn't count towards one's welcome gift).

Dd and I are taking a quick trip next month, but are staying at POFQ because of transportation to and from the airport. I am looking forward to the trip, but i am REALLY going to miss the Dolphin. :(. So much, that I booked another Dolphin trip for DH, DD, and I for January!!! Nothing beats the Dolphin! :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Those who have stayed at the dolphin before, what is your experience with having a ready room before check in time? Also, are there changing areas around the pool? Thanks.

I am having difficulties with my Dolphin reservation and MDE. :headache: I was able to link our reservations (3 rooms) without any issue, or so I thought.

In MDE, the Dolphin reservation numbers are all linked BUT my husband (in whose name the reservations were made) is linked in all three rooms. I was able to add one additional guest to each room, but that leaves two of our party of six without a room link Hence, when it is time to make FP+, two people will be ineligible since they are not linked to a reservation.

I have spoken to the MDE help desk who redirected me to The Dolphin. The Dolphin (after I submitted my request in writing) added all six of us to specific reservation numbers and felt that would trigger MDE to update with all six of us linked to the right reservation numbers. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

A second call to Disney explaining the reservation changes and a second redirect to The Dolphin by MDE with instructions to tell them the reservations are not properly linked. Oy vey. . . :headache:

A second call to The Dolphin explaining MDE advice. The Dolphin says to call MDE and tell them to reset the hotel reservations section so I can re-link AND that I really should wait 24 hours to see if it corrects itself. . .I waited and it didn't correct. If it was as easy as a reset by Disney, one would think they would have done that already? :confused3

Should we take bets that on my third call to MDE I will be told that I have to call The Dolphin? My husband said I should conference call both and make them hash it out since it is their systems causing the frustration. I am so glad I began this process over 30 days before our 69 day FP+ window opens!

Anyone else have the multiple party/room issues set forth above AND get a positive resolution? Frankly, in May we made FP+, but only used them a few times for the headliners. Still, with six of us and the new 7DMT running (it opened the day we left in May), Soarin', etc. I want those FP+ for our group.

Those who have stayed at the dolphin before, what is your experience with having a ready room before check in time? Also, are there changing areas around the pool? Thanks.

50/50 on the rooms being ready at check-in.

You are able to use the health club facilities and lockers for changing/storing items when you have not yet received your room assignment or after you have checked out of your room.

We stored carry on in the lockers and they provide hair dryers, towels, etc. It worked out really well for us last fall when we had a late day flight and wanted pool time after morning park time. The reverse would be helpful when you've checked in but have no room.

I am having difficulties with my Dolphin reservation and MDE. :headache: I was able to link our reservations (3 rooms) without any issue, or so I thought.

In MDE, the Dolphin reservation numbers are all linked BUT my husband (in whose name the reservations were made) is linked in all three rooms. I was able to add one additional guest to each room, but that leaves two of our party of six without a room link Hence, when it is time to make FP+, two people will be ineligible since they are not linked to a reservation.

I have spoken to the MDE help desk who redirected me to The Dolphin. The Dolphin (after I submitted my request in writing) added all six of us to specific reservation numbers and felt that would trigger MDE to update with all six of us linked to the right reservation numbers. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

A second call to Disney explaining the reservation changes and a second redirect to The Dolphin by MDE with instructions to tell them the reservations are not properly linked. Oy vey. . . :headache:

A second call to The Dolphin explaining MDE advice. The Dolphin says to call MDE and tell them to reset the hotel reservations section so I can re-link AND that I really should wait 24 hours to see if it corrects itself. . .I waited and it didn't correct. If it was as easy as a reset by Disney, one would think they would have done that already? :confused3

Should we take bets that on my third call to MDE I will be told that I have to call The Dolphin? My husband said I should conference call both and make them hash it out since it is their systems causing the frustration. I am so glad I began this process over 30 days before our 69 day FP+ window opens!

Anyone else have the multiple party/room issues set forth above AND get a positive resolution? Frankly, in May we made FP+, but only used them a few times for the headliners. Still, with six of us and the new 7DMT running (it opened the day we left in May), Soarin', etc. I want those FP+ for our group.

I feel your pain. I went through the same thing a couple of months back. We had two rooms at the Dolphin for four of us...me, DH, and two sons. When I reserved the rooms at the Dolphin, they both had my name because I'm the Starwood member. When they hooked up to MDE, they both had my name on them and could only add one other person to each room. After hours on hold with WDW IT, calls to the Dolphin, etc., (each blaming the other), the Dolphin finally cancelled one of the reservations with my name on it, and made a new reservation with one of the boys as the primary on the second reservation. I asked them to do that initially, and they refused. Apparently, WDW was able to convince them to do it. That wasn't the end though. It took WDW IT a few more weeks to be able to figure out how to actually put it in MDE. They eventually got it done, but couldn't figure out how to delete the wrong reservation.
I got so tired of the whole thing, I canceled the trip, and we went to Paris. It finally dropped off my MDE account our trip should have been completed.
I hope you have better luck with it than I did, although ultimately, I'm really glad we went to Paris instead.

Regarding adding people from the S/D confirmation, I had to add my two grandsons to the reservation in April so I could make FP+ times for us all, my daughter, myself and the two boys. I had a good experience. I just called the Swan, option one for MDE questions. They took their names and in a day they were in the system and was able to do the FP stuff.

Hope yours starts going well also, Tess.

Regarding adding people from the S/D confirmation, I had to add my two grandsons to the reservation in April so I could make FP+ times for us all, my daughter, myself and the two boys. I had a good experience. I just called the Swan, option one for MDE questions. They took their names and in a day they were in the system and was able to do the FP stuff.

Dan, I can't believe what a different experience you had with this. Mine was pretty dreadful. I'm happy for you, and also hope Tess gets this resolved quickly. I never thought I would get so aggravated that I would cancel a trip, but I just didn't want to keep dealing with it.

Yep, Option 1 and no such luck for me on any of my calls. They have added everyone and even sent new confirmations for all three rooms. Unfortunately, the linked reservation numbers on MDE still show my husband in all three rooms. The six of us are in the "family and friends", I can see everyone, but can't add more than one person to each room and there is no way on MDE to change the guests in the rooms. :sad2:

All you Swan experts
Why would only one day- a Wednesday first week Nov be unavailable at Swan?
Are there one day conventions????!

We just returned from an 11 night stay at WDW, we did 1 night at POFQ, then 5 nights at the Swan, then 5 nights at AKL. Because of the one night stay at POFQ we thankfully didn't have any MDE issues for FP+.

The stay at the Swan was great. We got there right at 4:00 and our room was ready. Check-in took forever, which it always seems to there for some reason. The line wasn't long, they just tend to spend 10-15 minutes checking in each guest. Transportation was pretty good overall, we did go to Dolphin, Yacht Club, and Beach Club when going to MK.

We were upgraded to a balcony (I'm SPG Gold) which was really nice. I was surprised to get the upgrade because the Swan was completely sold out for an Ernst & Young conference, but we got it.

All-in-all it was a great stay, a few minor gripes but the location is unbeatable for using points for a stay.

Transportation was pretty good overall, we did go to Dolphin, Yacht Club, and Beach Club when going to MK.

I recently returned, and I was surprised how good the bus service was. When we were there, the MK bus went to the Boardwalk only, not to the Yacht and Beach clubs. The only negative was the bus to Downtown Disney (as usual). Went to all the Epcot resorts, as well as Typhoon Lagoon, and two stops at DTD. Just the ride was about 40 minutes returning back to the Dolphin.

All you Swan experts
Why would only one day- a Wednesday first week Nov be unavailable at Swan?
Are there one day conventions????!

Make sure you call the hotel directly. Sometimes there are rooms available that do not show up on the website.

Part of the issue could be Jersey Week. In NJ, there is a statewide teacher convention the first Thursday and Friday of November. All the kids are out of school.

It could be a day where convention stays overlap. One convention ending Tuesday means people check out Wednesday. Another convention starting Thursday means people check in Wednesday.

I would really like to get a government rate at the Swan next summer.....thinking maybe Saturday, 5/30/15- Wednesday,6/3/15. We stayed at the Dolphin a couple of times years ago, but would like to try the Swan out next year.

Do they pretty much always have government rates or are the pretty hard to snag? Especially for four days in a row, starting on a weekend?

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter