Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

It is so weird how some people have so much trouble with linking their reservation and then some of us just click and go. I just don't understand.

My guess is that any reservation that isn't a setup in a standard manner are the ones that they're having problems with. In our case because it was an aeroplan reservation and a 2nd guest had to be added it created the environment for the snowball to start rolling down the cliff. In Tess's case it was 3 reservations under the same name. Most of the problems I've read about are in cases where the original res didn't show the right number of people, or some other detail, not unusual in the hotel world . In the usual course (not dealing with MDE) there would be no issues with the reservation but because S/D and Disney have 2 separate res systems they just are not in sync nor do they understand ea others systems nor are they set up to deal with the (normally) insignificant detail.

At long last and after only 8-10 phone calls--our reservations are finally linked with the proper people in their respective rooms! :woohoo: A huge THANK YOU to Jenna from Dolphin Reservations who finally took the bull by the horns and contacted Disney directly to fix the issues. pixiedust:

Now to link the three non-passholder tickets to their owners and we will be good to go for FP+ in a month from today. :rolleyes1

Great news! Hopefully, the more they deal with these issues, the better they get at resolving them.

I'll be staying with a friend for the first time over Labor Day weekend and we are excited to try a new place! My friend got what I think is a great rate, so it was easy for me to cancel my room at a moderate and stay at the Dolphin. :cool1:

Thanks for all the great info here. :goodvibes

I recall going to a Walmart a few years ago, did not seem too far away from the resort. Having a car, they are all relatively closeby.

I have had a car for all my trips to WDW except the last two trips, with the grandkids. LAst year we used Tiffany, excellent. This year we used the Swan's own limo service. They were a few dollars more but I know several of the drivers quite well (former bell services) and I felt I was starting my Swan experience as soon as we were met at MCo. Both services included a no additional charge grocery stop.

I really did not miss the car, or all the extra cost. We did use a cab twice on site during our visit last year, none this year.

How do you book the Swan's limo service? I'm guessing you can use it if staying at the Dolphin as well? My flight arrives at 6 PM and I'm renting a car, but my friend arrives around 10am the same day and wants to get a limo. She also has a 7:30 AM departing flight. :scared:

Is tax added to the parking fee as well?

How do you book the Swan's limo service? I'm guessing you can use it if staying at the Dolphin as well? My flight arrives at 6 PM and I'm renting a car, but my friend arrives around 10am the same day and wants to get a limo. She also has a 7:30 AM departing flight. :scared:
Hi Christine.

Yes, tax is added to the parking as well as the resort fee.

And here is a link to the S/D transportation services. And yes, for both, Swan and Dolphin.

Item #4

http://www.swandolphin.com/feedback/transportation.html

Hi all,
We stayed at the BC last year and we visited the S/D. We really liked it and just went on their website and put in potential dates for 2015. I didn't see an option to purchase the passes along with the room. Just wondering how you folks get your passes.

With the new rules on FP, wouldn't you need the passes ahead of time to link into the MDE and reserve times? I'm sorry if I'm missing something...

Also, wanted to ask after making a deposit can you make payments on your reservation?

Thank you for the help.
Joanne

Page 1 indicates that for $30 a 4pm checkout is available. Anyone have experience with this? Is it routinely granted upon request, or based on availability? I have an evening flight and would love to be able to park hop on check out day and still be able to go back to the room and shower before heading to the airport.

I have purchased tickets at the local AAA office and have not had any problems linking them or booking FPs.

Page 1 indicates that for $30 a 4pm checkout is available. Anyone have experience with this? Is it routinely granted upon request, or based on availability? I have an evening flight and would love to be able to park hop on check out day and still be able to go back to the room and shower before heading to the airport.
I have to update those numbers.

12:00 PM- 2:00 PM - $40
2:00 PM- 5:00 PM - 1/2 Day's Rate
After 5:00 PM - Full Day's Rate

I am gold SPG (complimentary late checkout, if available) and have requested late checkouts in the past and have only received 2 PM. It may be different if one was paying for it, others may have additional input.

http://www.swandolphin.com/feedback/reserve.html

I have to update those numbers.

I am gold SPG (complimentary late checkout, if available) and have requested late checkouts in the past and have only received 2 PM. It may be different if one was paying for it, others may have additional input.

http://www.swandolphin.com/feedback/reserve.html

I'm platinum SPG and I can't remember if I've ever asked for anything later than 1-2pm. When I've had an evening return flight, I've just showered in the morning, packed up my stuff, and stored it all with bell services before heading out to the parks.

I'm platinum SPG and I can't remember if I've ever asked for anything later than 1-2pm. When I've had an evening return flight, I've just showered in the morning, packed up my stuff, and stored it all with bell services before heading out to the parks.

And just an additional thought--you can always store a bag with toiletries at the health club locker room and use the locker room to shower before your evening flight. The health club provides hair dryers, towels, etc.

We did this last fall and it worked out great. We went to the park in the morning, came back to lounge poolside and then showered at the health club and were off all fresh and clean. :thumbsup2

Has anyone stayed at both the Swan/Dolphin AND the Beach/Yacht Club? We have the choice between the two when we travel with my husband for a work convention of his and I'm trying to decide.

Pros of BC/YC over S/D:
- Magical Express to/from airport
- Not the site of his convention (S/D is) so less busy at hotel?
- Could do Disney dining plan
- Get dining reservations a bit earlier
- Free wristbands?
- Cheaper, at least with our convention room rates
- If we rent a car, parking is free (not so at S/D)
- Food seems more allergy friendly (my son has a dairy allergy)
- Can get Garden Grocer delivery (no deliveries allowed at S/D)
- Day bed vs. a cot for our 5th room guest

Cons:
- Husband may have to walk further to get to convention activities at S/D

Questions:
- Any difference in buses/getting to and from parks between the two (assuming we don't rent a car)?
- Any other thoughts on the differences / convenience?

As much as I like Swan and Dolphin I would choose Beach Club! It's a nice walk between the 2 resorts. Beach Club is a very close walk to Epcot. Beach Club has a great pool area. Beach Club has it's own bus, it no longer shares with any other resort. Although they are both great resorts, I would definitely choose the Beach Club having stayed at both. It is a tight squeeze when you add the rollaway into a Dolphin room. :)

You can compare the 2 using these links.

http://allears.net/acc/faq_bc.htm

http://allears.net/acc/faq_dol.htm

I've stayed BC DVC villas and Dolphin.... they are pretty close for waling,etc. If the BC is cheaper, then do that!!!:cool1: I love them both, and I choose Dolphin for the savings..... For all the reasons you listed, I'd say free parking is tops, they're both beautiful,in a great location, but I can't afford BC. So I stay Dolphin or Swan. BC is also closer to Epcot for walking over. Pick based on cost for you- either one is fantastic. I found no difference in convenience for buses, etc. We walked to HS and Epcot from both places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter