Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I thought the hair dryer was fine too and I have thick hair. And I don't really get the whole bus thing, we just didn't really experience the problems others are reporting. We only had that one full MK bus in the morning but waited 5 min and another arrived, we still made it in time to see the opening ceremony show. Only the DTD/TL bus was shared with YC/BC, otherwise it was just with BWI and Swan of course. We walked home one night from Epcot because DD wanted to get her hair wrapped on the BW and the performers were out so it was fun and an easy walk. After late emh we did take the boat and it wasn't an issue. On a funny note we were waiting for the MK bus Thurs. afternoon around 5pm to go over for the evening. There was a noisy group of conventioneer women talking about how they just got in today and had never heard of FP+ and were trying to download the app and book them. First the DTD bus came by and they didn't get on it, then the AK bus came by and again they didn't get on it. The MK bus came and everyone else got on except those women, DD was stunned when she heard them complaining about how long it was taking for the Epcot bus to come!:lmao: omg if I had heard that earlier I would have helped them out but I was already on the bus. We wondered how long they sat there waiting. :rolleyes2

I had a similar experience. There was a family with a little baby in a stroller. First the Dad went up to where the maps were and didn't take one. Then he walked over to read the sign. I started to get the feeling something was wrong. My teenage daughters were taking their sweet time getting ready and I had seen every bus come and go and had a pretty good idea how long to the next one. I asked them where they are going. They said HS so I was able to tell them about the boats. I'm not so sure it's clear to the average first timer which parks they need the boats for.

I had a brain lapse about 5 years ago, after about 25 trips at that time to the S/D. I went out in the morning to the bus stop, heading to Epcot. :scratchin. Not sure what I was thinking. :confused3 After sitting there for a few minutes, it dawned on me, DUH!!! :rolleyes1 Got up and walked around the back to the boats. :lmao:

I had a brain lapse about 5 years ago, after about 25 trips at that time to the S/D. I went out in the morning to the bus stop, heading to Epcot. :scratchin. Not sure what I was thinking. :confused3 After sitting there for a few minutes, it dawned on me, DUH!!! :rolleyes1 Got up and walked around the back to the boats. :lmao:

This kind of stuff is happening to me more and more. Not so much at WDW because I'm not there that often, but definitely in regular life. :rolleyes2

Just returned myself. I am planning and event there and toured the renovated model room. They are very nice and different look and feel to today. They are starting with swan and doing 100 rooms at a time by tower, they will build a wall on each floor to block the construction rooms. You will not have any construction above or below you if you stay there. They plan for swan to be done by end of 2015, they will then do dolphin and then the lobbies. Once that is done they are doing the exterior.

Leg me know if you have any questions as we just returned from 1 week there

Hi everyone!

My DF and I are going for just an overnighter next weekend and wondering about the toiletries offered....I've stayed there before, but never paid much attention to them as I usually just bring my own, but could do without for just one night. Hoping for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel/body wash. Thanks!!

Hi everyone!

My DF and I are going for just an overnighter next weekend and wondering about the toiletries offered....I've stayed there before, but never paid much attention to them as I usually just bring my own, but could do without for just one night. Hoping for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel/body wash. Thanks!!

Well, they definitely have them. I don't remember for sure about body wash, might just be a bar of soap, but they have shampoo and conditioner. If you want the specifics of what kind, you'll need to tell us if you're staying at the Swan or Dolphin, as they're different. :-)

Just returned a couple weeks ago. At the Swan they had shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Soap was bar soap only.

Just returned myself. I am planning and event there and toured the renovated model room. They are very nice and different look and feel to today. They are starting with swan and doing 100 rooms at a time by tower, they will build a wall on each floor to block the construction rooms. You will not have any construction above or below you if you stay there. They plan for swan to be done by end of 2015, they will then do dolphin and then the lobbies. Once that is done they are doing the exterior.

Leg me know if you have any questions as we just returned from 1 week there

This is good info!:thumbsup2

Well, they definitely have them. I don't remember for sure about body wash, might just be a bar of soap, but they have shampoo and conditioner. If you want the specifics of what kind, you'll need to tell us if you're staying at the Swan or Dolphin, as they're different. :-)

Just returned a couple weeks ago. At the Swan they had shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Soap was bar soap only.

Thanks guys! I am staying at the Swan....looks like I'll just need to get a travel size shower gel for our night!

Hi and help please! Where do I start with this issue:

Last week I booked an 8 night stay at the Dolphin (for October 2014) through Costco Travel including Park Hopper tickets. Really great deal. The park tickets are a "will call" voucher. MDE doesn't accept the reservation number for Dolphin or the will call voucher number.

Since the trip is less than 180 days away I've started making ADRs. Is my next step to get the Dolphin to give me a reservation number that MDE will accept? And will MDE then let me start booking FP+ at the 60 day mark based on that reservation?

Or do I have to have the ticket voucher converted into an MDE valid number as well for FP+ reservations to work?

And if I make FP+ reservations without the tickets in MDE, when I pick up the tickets one day one of the vacation, can I link them to the FP+ in MDE? And buy us all Magic Bands?

Do I call the Dolphin or Disney first?

Thanks for any help you can offer. This is a really great thread!

Hi and help please! Where do I start with this issue:

Last week I booked an 8 night stay at the Dolphin (for October 2014) through Costco Travel including Park Hopper tickets. Really great deal. The park tickets are a "will call" voucher. MDE doesn't accept the reservation number for Dolphin or the will call voucher number.

Since the trip is less than 180 days away I've started making ADRs. Is my next step to get the Dolphin to give me a reservation number that MDE will accept? And will MDE then let me start booking FP+ at the 60 day mark based on that reservation?

Or do I have to have the ticket voucher converted into an MDE valid number as well for FP+ reservations to work?

And if I make FP+ reservations without the tickets in MDE, when I pick up the tickets one day one of the vacation, can I link them to the FP+ in MDE? And buy us all Magic Bands?

Do I call the Dolphin or Disney first?

Thanks for any help you can offer. This is a really great thread!

First step is to link the Dolphin reservation. When you call the Dolphin, there is a new prompt for MDE and FP issues. I would start there.

A group of us are attending a Conference at the Swan in a few weeks. While I have an AP, they do not. Does anyone know if The Swan/Dolphin sell the Conference park passes (good after a certain time). And if so know much are they?

Judy

maybe this has been addressed(?) If I book a room, and later on, get enough points to use for a stay, will the Dolphin keep that same res, and just use the points instead?

I would love to know what all works out. We are going in September - staying at
The Dolphin (which is already booked). I already have my Magic bands. We received those last year. I am getting ready to order park tickets and wasn't sure how to link this to MDE. However, I did receive a "confirmation number" through the Dolphin that I was able to link my reservation to MDE.

I would love to know what all works out. We are going in September - staying at The Dolphin (which is already booked). I already have my Magic bands. We received those last year. I am getting ready to order park tickets and wasn't sure how to link this to MDE. However, I did receive a "confirmation number" through the Dolphin that I was able to link my reservation to MDE.

Once you receive the tickets, use the "add tickets and reservations" link to add tickets by entering the ticket numbers and associating the ticket with one member of your party.

That's it. Pretty simple.

maybe this has been addressed(?) If I book a room, and later on, get enough points to use for a stay, will the Dolphin keep that same res, and just use the points instead?

No

They will cancel the paid reservation and make a point stay reservation IF IF a reward room is available

This is a change in policy that SPG implemented about 4 years ago

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter