Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

So tried to book but swan is booked solid April 18-25..why?

National telecom communication association conference
I would bet they have blocked off a huge block of rooms for the conference.
Checking back later after the block is opened and released should result is available rooms

They were waiving the fee last year, up through August, for Gold and Platinum. As of then, no waiving for Gold or Platinum (as I understand it) and only a complementary speed increase of the Internet connection for Platinum.

I can confirm first hand that as a Platinum Guest that they have waived the resort fee every time I have stayed

Parking fee being waived is a hit and miss affair

Is there any way to see if a convention is at the Swan or Dolphin during our stay? Specifically, the weekend of March 13-15, 2015? I am getting married on March 14 - it was approved by hotel, but just curious as far as hotel rooms.

Thank you!

No

They will cancel the paid reservation and make a point stay reservation IF IF a reward room is available

This is a change in policy that SPG implemented about 4 years ago

ah! so I need to wait to book

I can confirm first hand that as a Platinum Guest that they have waived the resort fee every time I have stayed Parking fee being waived is a hit and miss affair

How recently was this, since the mentioned policy change? Does my husband have to ask or will they do it automatically...given he stays 100+ nights a year with Starwood, want to make sure he gets all the benefits that should be coming to him.

I'm thinking about booking my first stay for Oct. We're primarily coming for F&W so being close to Epcot would be great but no way am I paying 500/night for the BC!

It looks like only the Swan is available. This would be my first time at S&D so I'm trying to figure out how the magic bands work there. I have one, but would I have to buy one for DH and then somehow get his park tickets on there? Where is this done and is it pretty simple or will it take up a lot of time before I can enter a park?

Also does S&D ever offer good deals? We're able to get the nurse rate which is 239/night, I've seen where some people have gotten much lower rates though. Am I liable to see a deal as it gets closer to time?

THANKS!

I'm thinking about booking my first stay for Oct. We're primarily coming for F&W so being close to Epcot would be great but no way am I paying 500/night for the BC! It looks like only the Swan is available. This would be my first time at S&D so I'm trying to figure out how the magic bands work there. I have one, but would I have to buy one for DH and then somehow get his park tickets on there? Where is this done and is it pretty simple or will it take up a lot of time before I can enter a park? Also does S&D ever offer good deals? We're able to get the nurse rate which is 239/night, I've seen where some people have gotten much lower rates though. Am I liable to see a deal as it gets closer to time? THANKS!

You can link tickets and your Swan reservation to your current MDE account, then use your magic bands for park entrance. The swan does not use MB's for door locks and you will not be able to charge to your MB.

How recently was this, since the mentioned policy change? Does my husband have to ask or will they do it automatically...given he stays 100+ nights a year with Starwood, want to make sure he gets all the benefits that should be coming to him.

I stayed last during the first week of April.

Your husband has the same status that I do....Platinum Status with an Ambassador.

I would tell your husband to contact his Ambassador and have him or her reach out to the hotel to note status.

During check in I would remind the FDA that he was Plat. I never really had a problem receiving my Platinum Benefits.

Thank you, Dan, for all you do to maintain this thread!

I want to join this group. DH and I will be spending our 25th anniversary at DW in November. We've been blessed to spend our 10th there prior to kids and our 20th as well. That trip was when we fell in love with the CR. Even though this is a huge milestone anniversary trip, our budget this year dictates we stay at Swan on Spg points. We enjoy the area so we are happy to try S/D for the first time.

I do have a res at POR so that I could book ADRs 180+10 to ensure we got V&A for our actual ann dinner. I will cancel it closer in as it is room only. Anyway, here is my question, does Swan send MBs or do we need to buy them? Can we make FP+ at 30 or 60 days? I can't believe I don't that answer.

THANK YOU!

Carrie, who is hoping for a refurbed room in Nov!!

Thank you, Dan, for all you do to maintain this thread!

I want to join this group. DH and I will be spending our 25th anniversary at DW in November. We've been blessed to spend our 10th there prior to kids and our 20th as well. That trip was when we fell in love with the CR. Even though this is a huge milestone anniversary trip, our budget this year dictates we stay at Swan on Spg points. We enjoy the area so we are happy to try S/D for the first time.

I do have a res at POR so that I could book ADRs 180+10 to ensure we got V&A for our actual ann dinner. I will cancel it closer in as it is room only. Anyway, here is my question, does Swan send MBs or do we need to buy them? Can we make FP+ at 30 or 60 days? I can't believe I don't that answer.

THANK YOU!

Carrie, who is hoping for a refurbed room in Nov!!
Hi Carrie and welcome to the S/D thread. But please, I sure don't do a whole lot here other than answer questions when I can, as do so many others. :blush:

As to your question, if you have a POR reservation, I think you will get MB's from that. The Swan does not send them, but they do sell them at the resort.

FP+ can be made at 60 days if you have tickets.

And a Happy Anniversary, certainly a milestone.

Thanks, Dan!

I can't help but notice your "Let's celebrate the future hand in hand" as part of your signature...... It reminds me SO MUCH of our 10th anniversary trip, saw the Tapestry parade at Epcot on the first night of our trip while dining in the WS, then we saw it a few other times during that trip as well, it was Nov. 1999 and they had already started the milenium celebrations....we bought the t-shirts with that slogan on the front and brought home the CD with those songs on them....I'm thinking you must remember all of that from that particular celebration era.:thumbsup2

Very special memories for me, so I always smile when I read it on your posts.:goodvibes Thanks so much again!

When is your next trip? Do you and Marie ever visit solo or do you always go with your family members? We've been blessed to do these solo trips AND trips with our DDs. Really looking forward to our upcoming adults only trip.....life around here is BUSY! LOL!

Thanks, Dan!

I can't help but notice your "Let's celebrate the future hand in hand" as part of your signature...... It reminds me SO MUCH of our 10th anniversary trip, saw the Tapestry parade at Epcot on the first night of our trip while dining in the WS, then we saw it a few other times during that trip as well, it was Nov. 1999 and they had already started the milenium celebrations....we bought the t-shirts with that slogan on the front and brought home the CD with those songs on them....I'm thinking you must remember all of that from that particular celebration era.:thumbsup2

Very special memories for me, so I always smile when I read it on your posts.:goodvibes Thanks so much again!

When is your next trip? Do you and Marie ever visit solo or do you always go with your family members? We've been blessed to do these solo trips AND trips with our DDs. Really looking forward to our upcoming adults only trip.....life around here is BUSY! LOL!
That was from our first, and still only family trip back in Dec, 1999. Tapestry was great, really miss it. And I do play the Millennium Celebration CD often. :cool1:

We were celebrating Marie's remission from Stage III breast cancer she was diagnosed with the previous year. My son Vince was 22 then, daughter Natalie turned 19 on that trip. We had a wonderful time, did so many things. I was blown away by how nice WDW was, wanted to go back the following year. :cool2: I asked Marie, let's go again. She thought it was too soon. :scratchin Said if I wanted to go alone, fine with her. So I went again in 2000, solo. But met up with lots of folks from the dis boards, so not really solo so to speak. Since then, I have been back over 30 times, maybe 35 times, always meet up with folks from the boards. Marie still isn't ready, LOL. :confused3 Never been back. But thankfully she is still in remission, 16 years later.

Natalie came with me for a dad/daughter trip in 2004; she turned 24 on that trip. Vince, his wife and two boys met me there for a few days in Dec of 2012. I took Natalie and her two boys last year in April, and then again this year a few weeks ago. :cloud9:

I hope my next trip to be this Dec. :santa:

Maybe someday Marie will go back. :tink:

Woooohoooo!!!! Hooray for Marie!!:cool1: So glad she is healthy! :thumbsup2But boo hoo on her not yet returning......I have a feeling your December trip may be the one! Hopefully she will not turn down the opportunity to see all the magic and decorations -- absolutely LOVE that Gingerbread House at the GF and those Osbourne Lights. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

I am looking forward to reading more reports from awesome DISers' stays this summer. Have fun everyone!!

Hi all!
I'm Heather. I am a frequent WDW visitor but have never stayed at the Swolpin. Due to a (big, irritating, dramatic) family issue I had to switch our reservations from the WL to the Dolphin. We will have an Executive suite (I will take pictures). I have a few questions.
1) Has anyone tried personal pantry and what was your experience?
2) Are there cabanas available? We are not leaving until the evening on check out day and I thought a cabana would be fun.
3) Are there any tips (ie room requests, etc) for a first timer? Any must do, must see?

Thanks
Heather!
Ps--- group is myself and my three kids (dd 13, dd8, and ds 4), my mom and dad, and my brother.

Does anyone have any photos of the view from an Epcot view room at the Dolphin? Trying to decide what view to get. ;)

Hi all!
I'm Heather. I am a frequent WDW visitor but have never stayed at the Swolpin. Due to a (big, irritating, dramatic) family issue I had to switch our reservations from the WL to the Dolphin. We will have an Executive suite (I will take pictures). I have a few questions.
1) Has anyone tried personal pantry and what was your experience?
2) Are there cabanas available? We are not leaving until the evening on check out day and I thought a cabana would be fun.
3) Are there any tips (ie room requests, etc) for a first timer? Any must do, must see?

Thanks
Heather!
Ps--- group is myself and my three kids (dd 13, dd8, and ds 4), my mom and dad, and my brother.

1) I have not.
2) There are no cabanas. There is a cabana restaurant over by the Dolphin lap pool, but as far as the pool area, there are just umbrellas.
3) As far as room requests, you might be limited because I'm not sure executive suites have as many different room views as other rooms. I've stayed in a suite a few times, and those were always in the triangle portion of the hotel and overlooked the big fountain and Swan. Your kids will LOVE the pool area. The grotto with the waterfall and slide provided endless hours of enjoyment when I was a child. Being much older now, I tend to prefer walking over to the Swan's lap pool. It's much more quiet with less activity. I find the food at the Swan and Dolphin to be a bit more superior to other Disney resorts. The Fountain has wonderful homemade ice cream. And Picabu is terribly convenient since it's open 24 hours. Another bonus is the location to Epcot and the Studios. We sometimes walk to and from those parks rather than wait for a boat. Boats are frequent, but when we walk we like to stop in different shops on the Boardwalk or stop in at the Yacht & Beach.

The Dolphin is like my second home; I started going when I was 7 and have stayed over a dozen times....all but one trip. Enjoy your stay there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter